MNT's 2021 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
View attachment 68032
World Cup Qualifying is set - tough finish @mexico and @costa rica in the final window. Let’s hope we don’t need points at that stage like we did in Couva...
It's pretty amazing that they are playing this out in five windows over less than seven months.

Reaction Score
Big difference between a handful of people on the internet and thousands of Mexican fans. Really not any sort of equivalence.
Speaking of the classy Mexican fans, looks like FIFA is doing something about the homophobic chants that could actually impact Mexico. Fans will be barred from Mexico's first two World Cup qualifier games. They'll play Jamaica and Canada in an empty stadium. I know both are decent teams, but I don't know if either can take advantage of the lack of home fan energy. But it's something.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why aren't we already talking to Joachim Löw?

Reaction Score
Granted, I don't watch a ton of MLS soccer but I saw Donovan Pines get roasted not once, but twice in a stoppage time full-field goal by NYCFC's Thiago. And Pines makes the GC roster. Know we're sending our B/C team to the tournament, but there's gotta be someone at 19/20 yrs old who can do that?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yea, well.....no Bradley, no Altidore....at least.

Reaction Score
Looking back, maybe our loss to the Swiss wasn't as bad as we thought.

Reaction Score
Looks like the Swiss used up some of their magic. Maybe exhaustion. Those were some bad PKs. I was hoping Spain would slip De Gea onto the field late so he can redeem himself by taking a PK!

Reaction Score
I know this is like the B/C Team Gold Cup for the MLS scrubs, but Berhalter should be shot in the head execution style on his knees with a paintball gun for starting Zardes over Dike.

Reaction Score
I know this is like the B/C Team Gold Cup for the MLS scrubs, but Berhalter should be shot in the head execution style on his knees with a paintball gun for starting Zardes over Dike.
Or Yueill or Lewis. Yueill doesn’t do a thing and Lewis is barely playing in the MLS.

Reaction Score
The only really good thing I can say about last night's game (besides the fact that they did win) is that we all seem to know this is a B/C team. That's because it looks a lot like the quality of our A team during the last World Cup Qualifying.

Reaction Score

Would never promote violence of any level (espeically in today's world) or the crud that is going on over in the UK on social media right now about thie failed PK's, but I agree that Dike should have started. Does every US team have to have that 1 player that always starts leaving everyone to scratch their heads?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Would never promote violence of any level (espeically in today's world) or the crud that is going on over in the UK on social media right now about thie failed PK's, but I agree that Dike should have started. Does every US team have to have that 1 player that always starts leaving everyone to scratch their heads?

I scratch my head as to how Zardes is even in the player pool. Given many chances, including starts in big games and he's just not bringing anything. I don't get it. I see the athleticism, but the skill isn't there and he hasn't gotten better.

Reaction Score
Once again we saw a USA team that can't win one-on-one battles. The lack of creativity and inability to hold possession are hard to watch. They had fewer unforced TOs than our usual B team effort but that ain't saying much.

Individually, Acosta played pretty well. Lewis was a waste of space.

Reaction Score
Once again we saw a USA team that can't win one-on-one battles. The lack of creativity and inability to hold possession are hard to watch. They had fewer unforced TOs than our usual B team effort but that ain't saying much.

Individually, Acosta played pretty well. Lewis was a waste of space.

It’s a C team. The story in KC today has been about the poor attendance.

The Federation is getting smoked because nobody wants to pay these exorbitant ticket fees to watch Acosta and Lewis play soccer.

Reaction Score

Not even paintball shenanigans?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The USWNT drew 27,750 at The Rent for comparison. Cost me $80. for a bench seat at the top of the box.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How can we say goodbye if you won't go away?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom