MNT's 2021 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Reaction Score
They are playing awful. How do you go and press a very good Swiss team with great intensity and then lay off of a bad Honduras team? Midfield is invisible. Bring on Musah and Adams at half.

Reaction Score
First half grades:

Reyna 7 (best US player on the pitch, weak shot though).
Robinson 7 (only other player that is punching above his weight).
Pulisic 6 (need more from him).
Sargent 5.5 (2 fantastic plays, saved a goal, should deserve a higher score, BUT he is always late to the ball, doesn't come back, doesn't anticipate the play, and is a liability as a striker).
McKenzie 5.5
Lletget 5.5
Dest 4.5 (pick it up, you're getting swallowed up, weak passing, turnovers)
Brooks 4.5 (hitting people out there, formidable, but 2 HUGE mistakes almost lead to Honduran goals. He can't make those mistakes. I would have given him a 6.5 otherwise).
Steffen 4.5 (decent save, but huge mistake on the free kick).

Yueill no grade (just weak out there, l see nothing)
McKennie no grade (has he played, he's a ghost)

Reaction Score
They are playing awful. How do you go and press a very good Swiss team with great intensity and then lay off of a bad Honduras team? Midfield is invisible. Bring on Musah and Adams at half.
Different styles. Swiss wanted to play out of the back so we pressed. Honduras wants to play direct so a press is relatively useless

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think the altitude also impacts the approach. Honduras came out very aggressively but they will run out of gas.

Dest has picked it up this half. Reyna looks good, and that was a clear foul. But he plays more like a distributor than goal scorer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
These fake injuries. :rolleyes: At least a couple of stretcher girls look cute. Time to score right now and end these delaying tactics.

Reaction Score
I think the altitude also impacts the approach. Honduras came out very aggressively but they will run out of gas.

Dest has picked it up this half. Reyna looks good, and that was a clear foul. But he plays more like a distributor than goal scorer.
Totally agree about Reyna and Dest

Reaction Score
That cut that Elis put on Dest inside is a common move that we worked on with my 12 year old last weekend, and Dest just offers no resistance at all on D. It's perplexing. I keep thinking he should be playing RM on a team with 3 back.

Reaction Score
I hope not to see Yueill out there ever again. I know Musah made some turnovers against the Swiss but he's got to be a better option than Yueill.

Reaction Score
McKennie definitely showed up the last 20 minutes. I watch a lot of Serie A and McKennie is so talented. He plays ahead of some world class players. You can see that no one but Pulisic has his world class athleticism and skill out there

Reaction Score
I am so nervous about Steffen and this defense.

That was total clownish defense by Brooks.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Sargent should be 3rd string after this showing and Siebatcheu scoring.

He’s at least a target. Sargent was getting tangled up with McKennie frequently. McKennie was better when Sargent went off.

Win and they learned some things. That’s the goal.

Reaction Score
Brooks Man-of-the-Match, LOL. Oh my God, he's a disaster.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
+5 minutes is a howl.
Should be +12.

I would love to see a lot more play on signals. We’d see just how fast those guys would get up. 5 stretcher calls in a half, plus subs.

Reaction Score
He’s at least a target. Sargent was getting tangled up with McKennie frequently. McKennie was better when Sargent went off.

Win and they learned some things. That’s the goal.
Did Sargent even take a shot? I mean yeah, fantastic clearance, may have saved the game, but contribute SOMETHING on offense. I think Dike/Siebatcheu offer something that we need, a hold up player for our creative wingers/forwards, while Sargent wants to take the creative role himself. It’s not working. And don’t get me started on Yueill.

Reaction Score
Brooks Man-of-the-Match, LOL. Oh my God, he's a disaster.
I think the lack of midfield hurt our defense. Brooks made some key plays but misplaced a lot of passes, but to be fair he had the secondary assist to the goal on a great ball. I still like the depth a lot at CB, Richards is the real deal, and McKenzie has performed well so far.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Did Sargent even take a shot? I mean yeah, fantastic clearance, may have saved the game, but contribute SOMETHING on offense. I think Dike/Siebatcheu offer something that we need, a hold up player for our creative wingers/forwards, while Sargent wants to take the creative role himself. It’s not working. And don’t get me started on Yueill.

No, but when Renya beat 3 guys early on and missed wide, he was standing there and would have had an open net if Reyna passed. He barely had possession that I saw. He isn’t Brian McBride in his prime, which we could use.

The whole back line is weird. Need to see what they figure out. Dest is fast and can get forward, but seems to be in the wrong role. How does Barcelona use him?

Pulisic, McKennie, Dest, Reyna, Adams...we may be in good shape if we figure out the roles. I have no idea why Reyna isn’t an attacking central midfielder. He looks like a better version of his dad.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Sargent should be 3rd string after this showing and Siebatcheu scoring.

Haven’t really watched him. Looking at this I think we misuse him. He isn’t a holding target striker. Nobody we started tonight is. I can see now why he was tangled up with McKennie. He seems to have talent. We need to figure out how to use these young guys. I’ve never felt better about our overall talent level, but many of these guys play the same position.

Reaction Score
No, but when Renya beat 3 guys early on and missed wide, he was standing there and would have had an open net if Reyna passed. He barely had possession that I saw. He isn’t Brian McBride in his prime, which we could use.

The whole back line is weird. Need to see what they figure out. Dest is fast and can get forward, but seems to be in the wrong role. How does Barcelona use him?

Pulisic, McKennie, Dest, Reyna, Adams...we may be in good shape if we figure out the roles. I have no idea why Reyna isn’t an attacking central midfielder. He looks like a better version of his dad.
Reyna couldve passed, probably was the right decision, but him taking the shot was completely justified, he was 1v1 with the keeper, just missed wide. Dest plays wing back at Barca. If we employ the 3/5 back system he would flourish more, but not sure we know how to play 2 forwards yet. It’s a conundrum, but one GGG should’ve at least experimented with at some point in the friendlies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom