MNT's 2021 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Every good manager had no experience at this level when they first started.
I say get a manager that does have experience at this level. We can afford it. I can see letting a manager "grow into it" if he's coaching Hartford Athletic. But this is the big-time and he's had 2.5 years. That's enough growing time, imo. Everything he has done to date has just been dicking off. He doesn't have the top cover he had when he got the job. If the team keeps looking like this with his MLS cronies in there, they may pull the trigger.

Reaction Score
I say get a manager that does have experience at this level. We can afford it. I can see letting a manager "grow into it" if he's coaching Hartford Athletic. But this is the big-time and he's had 2.5 years. That's enough growing time, imo. Everything he has done to date has just been dicking off. He doesn't have the top cover he had when he got the job. If the team keeps looking like this with his MLS cronies in there, they may pull the trigger.
Agreed. I was watching Belgium play this weekend. It's pretty clear that the Dream generation over there may already have passed its expiration date. The players are around 30 years old now. De Bruyne, Eden Hazard, Lukaku. Of the main players only Doku and Tielemans are young. You have 2 windows to do anything, and one is coming up soon for the USA.

Reaction Score
Brooks is the best defender on the team. He made a bad play. But his overall performance was very good.

Bad plays by back line players are often magnified because they produce great scoring chances. But all defenders make them. Just as all defensive backs, even the very best ones, in football allow catches and TDs.

Reaction Score
Ok, sure. Who is that? Klinsman was, and then wasn’t. Every good manager had no experience at this level when they first started. His W-L record is quite good, so I guess I’ve seen that. I simply think it’s ridiculous to bitch about last night when he threw together a bunch of guys playing out of position together, who had no real experience playing together.

So let’s see what he does from here. He is missing pieces and has too much talent that I’d describe as attacking wings and midfielders. He needs to get those guys to play better together. It was so obvious with how often Sargent and Mckinnie were in the same exact spot.

As others noted, he isn’t going to get fired. So let’s hope he grows into it. I’ll be looking to see what he fixes from that match.

Jurgen was so much better than GGGGGGGG. Berhalter has played nobody. He’ll have a chance to show something on Monday against the guy we should have hired.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Honestly, I'm not sure that the USMNT has a better coach than Hartford Athletic's. The Hartford guy has experience coaching top talent.

Reaction Score
We’re just playing trash. Can’t string a pass together and can’t win a 50/50 ball.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reyna is something to build on. Our defense remains atrocious. We are like a basketball team that can’t bring the ball up against a press.

Somebody who knows tactics better than me please explain the proper approach. I know we are trying to slowly build from the back, as does every opponent. I would think a more direct vertical approach would potentially make the pressure risky for them.

Reaction Score
Reyna is something to build on. Our defense remains atrocious. We are like a basketball team that can’t bring the ball up against a press.

Somebody who knows tactics better than me please explain the proper approach. I know we are trying to slowly build from the back, as does every opponent. I would think a more direct vertical approach would potentially make the pressure risky for them.
It’s idiotic. McKenzie can’t pass, Ream is slow as molasses, and Steffen’s distribution it really bad. Our midfield is virtually non existent. What position is Dest playing? He isn’t helping Ream one bit on the left. It’s just a terrible set up.

Reaction Score
It’s idiotic. McKenzie can’t pass, Ream is slow as molasses, and Steffen’s distribution it really bad. Our midfield is virtually non existent. What position is Dest playing? He isn’t helping Ream one bit on the left. It’s just a terrible set up.

It’s the manager. The talent is better but the results look the same.

Reaction Score
It’s the manager. The talent is better but the results look the same.
He’s not passing the ball to the other team. He’s not misplacing almost every touch. The set up and system is idiotic but the players have been bad other than Brooks, McKennie and Gio. Pulisic and Sargent have been invisible. Bring on Siebatcheu.

Reaction Score
I think 8 of our starters play on 1st division euro teams. Several of them are impact players on champions league teams. They get out on the field and struggle with basic plays and control like they play in the USL.

Reaction Score

The back line sucks. We don’t have any organization in midfield and because of this we aren’t clean on the ball.

It’s a miracle this isn’t 3-0.

Reaction Score
He’s not passing the ball to the other team. He’s not misplacing almost every touch. The set up and system is idiotic but the players have been bad other than Brooks, McKennie and Gio. Pulisic and Sargent have been invisible. Bring on Siebatcheu.

Yeah. Berhalter’s schemes have been suspect. Those guys play for teams that have managers who put their players in positions to succeed.

Gregggy ball is a flop. He’s not ready for this.

Reaction Score

Quit defending this loser. He has a 40% lifetime win rate.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Berhalter’s schemes have been suspect. Those guys play for teams that have managers who put their players in positions to succeed.

I agree he’s sorta a bum, but that doesn’t take away from the showing of the players. They can control the ball in the big leagues against better comp, they can string more than 3 passes together in europe, why not here?

Reaction Score
Mexico isn't that good and they're working us. Pure abuse of Acosta and Ream.
Why didn't Gggg start Musah?

Reaction Score
And why the FGHHVVVV did Greggg start that loser Acosta? Efff Greggg.

Reaction Score
No you just blame everything on the coach. The players can stand out but haven’t. Its on them as well.

What’s the point of having a coach then? Get a clue. These players are trying to function in this clown’s Rube Goldberg scheme.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Speaking for flops, Mexico is being ridiculous with these flops. These officials stink.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom