MNT Roster for March Friendlies | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MNT Roster for March Friendlies

Reaction Score
Aren't they keeping the 18-21 yr old 'non-established' euro kids with their clubs this go around? If Weah and Sargent are left off the Gold Cup squad in favor of some MLS trash, then we have a problem.

And Trapp? Was Bradley not available?

Reaction Score
Aren't they keeping the 18-21 yr old 'non-established' euro kids with their clubs this go around? If Weah and Sargent are left off the Gold Cup squad in favor of some MLS trash, then we have a problem.

And Trapp? Was Bradley not available?

Worse. We called in Bradley too. I guess we need lots of backwards passes.

Reaction Score
Oh I totally missed that Bradley is in. WTF. Blow up MLS

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Was a reason given Weah and Sargent wen't called?

Reaction Score
Was a reason given Weah and Sargent wen't called?

They aren’t getting enough minutes... even though Beer Holder called in an NYCFC player who doesn’t start. And they are going to the U23 camp.

Reaction Score

This. They've given a reason for their omission this time. I'll draw my conclusion during the summer.

Reaction Score
You haven’t been right about one single thing on this yet.

If that was true, I'd still be right about you being a drama queen.

Mediocrity ties in to worrying about how a press release lists positions? LMAO.

Reaction Score
If that was true, I'd still be right about you being a drama queen.

Mediocrity ties in to worrying about how a press release lists positions? LMAO.

Mediocrity as in the composition of the roster you dolt. Which is obvious to all but you people.

Reaction Score
Probably brought him in to find out.

Morris was afraid to go to Europe, so he gets rewarded. Sargent goes to Europe and gets sent to the U-23s. The optics are terrible.

Reaction Score
Morris was afraid to go to Europe, so he gets rewarded. Sargent goes to Europe and gets sent to the U-23s. The optics are terrible.

Not sure of the age rules for U-23 and I am not defending any decsions; but, I believe Morris is 24 and will be 25 later this year (2019). Sargent just turned 19. So, if the coaches wanted another look at Morris, the Senior Squad may have been the only way to do so. I think (hope) the USMNT staff already knows what they have in Sargent. Plus, the Olympic soccer tournament is a big deal.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not sure they are concerned with optics. And they shouldn't be.

Reaction Score
Not sure they are concerned with optics. And they shouldn't be.

I get tired of his whining. Sargent and Weah were not left off the team without Berhalter talking to them. Whatever reason they're not with the squad for these friendlies -- nicked up, fighting for playing time with their clubs, wanting them available for the Olympics and not wanting to overburden them -- there is no reason to think they and their clubs weren't involved in the decisions.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
there is no reason to think they and their clubs weren't involved in the decisions.
The way I feel still is that there is no reason to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

Reaction Score
The way I feel still is that there is no reason to give these guys the benefit of the doubt.

These guys? Berhalter is responsible for Arena's failures? Because -- they're both Americans? Does that make you and me responsible for Arena's failures?

Or am I missing your point?

Reaction Score
I don't think that is a given.

It’s not a given.

I get tired of his whining. Sargent and Weah were not left off the team without Berhalter talking to them. Whatever reason they're not with the squad for these friendlies -- nicked up, fighting for playing time with their clubs, wanting them available for the Olympics and not wanting to overburden them -- there is no reason to think they and their clubs weren't involved in the decisions.

Again, your addiction to mediocrity and your ignorance betrays you. You don’t prep your Olympic Team by deliberately putting them up against lesser competition. The Olympic team should more or less be the core of the National Team at this point in time.

Clowns like Bradley and Gonzales should not be in camp.

If Weah and Sargent were in MLS, they would be playing every minute and Berhalter wouldn’t dream of sending them to some U-23 camp. And it’s absurd to suggest otherwise.

These guys? Berhalter is responsible for Arena's failures? Because -- they're both Americans? Does that make you and me responsible for Arena's failures?

Or am I missing your point?

Berhalter is part of the same failed thought process. And he is beholden to MLS interests instead of what is best for the USMNT.

The guy has never won ANYTHING and yet he was the front runner all along. Think about that for a second.

Reaction Score
Not sure of the age rules for U-23 and I am not defending any decsions; but, I believe Morris is 24 and will be 25 later this year (2019). Sargent just turned 19. So, if the coaches wanted another look at Morris, the Senior Squad may have been the only way to do so. I think (hope) the USMNT staff already knows what they have in Sargent. Plus, the Olympic soccer tournament is a big deal.

I believe you can have about 4 players above 23 on the Olympic Team. Morris’s inclusion is political.

Reaction Score
Maybe if this guy keeps at it he can be as good as Zardes and Morris someday.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Does that make you and me responsible for Arena's failures?
Zoo answered your main question as well as I could. But I can't let it go with saying the above comment is just plain embarrassing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
U23 Team for friendlies 3/22 (Egypt) and 3/24 (Netherlands)

Jason Kreis coaching.

GK - Klinsmann, JT Marcinkowski
DF - Julian Araujo, CCV, Marco Farfan, Jack Maher, Olosunde, Donovan Pines, Lucas Pos, A. Robinson, Miles Robinson
MF - Derrick Jones, Cameron Lindley, Mihailovic, Parks, Eryk Williamson, Jackson Yuell
FW - Ebobisse, Joshua Perez, Emmanuel Sabbi, Sargent, Weah, Wright

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom