MNT Roster for March Friendlies | The Boneyard

MNT Roster for March Friendlies

Reaction Score
Berhalter Names 24-Player Roster for March Matches Against Ecuador and Chile

U.S. Roster by Position (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (3): Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge, BEL; 3/0), Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 6/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 8/0)

DEFENDERS (8): John Brooks (Wolfsburg, GER; 36/3), Omar Gonzalez (Atlas, MEX; 48/3), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 2/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 4/0), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact; 2/0), Matt Miazga (Reading, ENG; 11/1), Tim Ream (Fulham, ENG; 26/1), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United, ENG; 57/0)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig, GER; 9/1), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC, CAN; 143/17), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 7/2), Weston McKennie (Schalke, GER; 7/1), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund, GER; 23/9), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 7/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 13/0)

FORWARDS (6): Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 19/3), Corey Baird (Real Salt Lake; 2/0), Jonathan Lewis (New York City FC; 2/0), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 25/5), Christian Ramirez (LAFC; 2/1), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 42/6)

.02 - solid! missing Weah and some umph up front, but solid nonetheless

Edit: "Several top young players are absent from the squad, including Josh Sargent and Tim Weah, who are expected to take part in a #USMNT U-23 camp still being organized (but still not finalized)." - Ives Galarcep

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Steffen
Yedlin Brooks Miazga Lima
Adams Trapp McKennie Roldan
Morris Pulisic

or something like this..?

Reaction Score
Berhalter Names 24-Player Roster for March Matches Against Ecuador and Chile

U.S. Roster by Position (Club; Caps/Goals):

GOALKEEPERS (3): Ethan Horvath (Club Brugge, BEL; 3/0), Sean Johnson (New York City FC; 6/0), Zack Steffen (Columbus Crew SC; 8/0)

DEFENDERS (8): John Brooks (Wolfsburg, GER; 36/3), Omar Gonzalez (Atlas, MEX; 48/3), Nick Lima (San Jose Earthquakes; 2/0), Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls; 4/0), Daniel Lovitz (Montreal Impact; 2/0), Matt Miazga (Reading, ENG; 11/1), Tim Ream (Fulham, ENG; 26/1), DeAndre Yedlin (Newcastle United, ENG; 57/0)

MIDFIELDERS (7): Tyler Adams (RB Leipzig, GER; 9/1), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC, CAN; 143/17), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy; 7/2), Weston McKennie (Schalke, GER; 7/1), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund, GER; 23/9), Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders FC; 7/0), Wil Trapp (Columbus Crew SC; 13/0)

FORWARDS (6): Paul Arriola (D.C. United; 19/3), Corey Baird (Real Salt Lake; 2/0), Jonathan Lewis (New York City FC; 2/0), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC; 25/5), Christian Ramirez (LAFC; 2/1), Gyasi Zardes (Columbus Crew SC; 42/6)

.02 - solid! missing Weah and some umph up front, but solid nonetheless

Edit: "Several top young players are absent from the squad, including Josh Sargent and Tim Weah, who are expected to take part in a #USMNT U-23 camp still being organized (but still not finalized)." - Ives Galarcep
Smart move - try to ensure we qualify for the Olympics and experience more high-level stakes in the build up to 2022

Reaction Score
I hope you people are happy. Because this roster is a total joke.

No Sargent? No Weah? Arriola listed as a forward? Are we being pranked?

Reaction Score
Smart move - try to ensure we qualify for the Olympics and experience more high-level stakes in the build up to 2022

The better move is to put them up against better competition, instead of throwing together a U-23 camp at the last minute.

We literally called up Christian Ramirez and Jordan Morris over over Sargent and Weah. Total facepalm.

Reaction Score

total joke would have omitted Brooks, Miazga, McKinnie Adams and Pulisic. I see why you may feel this way but its not the end of the world. I am concerned about this U-23 camp though I agree these guys should be playing senior roles first and foremost.

We literally called up Christian Ramirez and Jordan Morris over over Sargent and Weah. Total facepalm.

don't disagree here

Reaction Score
total joke would have omitted Brooks, Miazga, McKinnie Adams and Pulisic. I see why you may feel this way but its not the end of the world. I am concerned about this U-23 camp though I agree these guys should be playing senior roles first and foremost.

don't disagree here

That wouldn’t have been a joke. More like criminally negligent.

Reaction Score
I am more interested to see who this player pool works together under our new fearless MLS marketing manager with respect to who plays, formations, strategies, etc.

The Olympic soccer tournament is a big deal in terms of exposure and talent, only behind the World Cup and the big regionals, Euro and Copa. Thus, I have no objections with some of the rising stars assigend to the U-23 Olympic qualifying team. Of course, qualifying for once would be a good thing. Is Ramos coaching that team?

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

No Sargent? No Weah? Arriola listed as a forward? Are we being pranked?
Well he's gonna play the wing in a 4-3-3 (which you advocate). Are you just being obtuse? Or are you just "pranking"?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I am more interested to see who this player pool works together under our new fearless MLS marketing manager with respect to who plays, formations, strategies, etc.

The Olympic soccer tournament is a big deal in terms of exposure and talent, behidn the World Cup and the big regionals with Euro and Copa. Thus, I have no objections with some of the rising starts assigend to the U-23 Olympic qualifying team. Of course, qualifying for once woudl be a good thing. Is Ramos coaching that team?
Olympics is a great tournament for up and coming talent. We need to get our guys that opportunity. Much better tournament than Gold Cup.

Reaction Score
Arriola as a forward. Pulisic as a mid.

This makes sense.

We might as well bring Dave Sriracha back.

Reaction Score
Well he's gonna play the wing in a 4-3-3 (which you advocate). Are you just being obtuse? Or are you just "pranking"?

He’s played as a fullback and a kid everywhere else. This is MLS ramming someone down our throats.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
He’s played as a fullback and a kid everywhere else. This is MLS ramming someone down our throats.
He plays as a winger for DC.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Arriola had 12 career goals as a pro.
Well 18 club and 3 international. That's 21.

(you're not very good at this are you? or dyslexic?)

Reaction Score
Well 18 club and 3 international. That's 21.

(you're not very good at this are you? or dyslexic?)

The website I consulted had 12. 21 isn’t materially different anyways.

This is a chump roster.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The website I consulted had 12. 21 isn’t materially different anyways.

This is a chump roster.
I would suggest a different website. 75% more seems fairly material?

And how many career goals he has really doesn't have that much to do with what position he is assigned for the US National team. If he plays he's gonna play the 7.

This makes sense.
He'll probably/hopefully play Pulisic as the 10. So yea it does make sense.

Reaction Score

This makes sense.

We might as well bring Dave Sriracha back.

You worry about what position someone is listed as in a press release why? Other than that you're such a drama queen. Is it too much to ask to wait until you're upset by the way a player is actually used before you start complaining about it?

Ditto on your overreaction to Sargent and Weah. As if they aren't being consulted in decisions such as this one. If they didn't want to be in the Olympics, they would be in the senior camp.

Snowflake.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tim Ream was picked just to show that playing in Europe shouldn't mean an automatic berth on the team.

Reaction Score
Steffen
Yedlin Brooks Miazga Lima
Adams Trapp McKennie Roldan
Morris Pulisic

or something like this..?

I see it differently. 4-2-3-1

Steffen
Yedlin, Miazga, Brooks, Lima
Bradley, McKennie
Adams, Pulisic, Arriola
Morris

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
How are Jordan Morris' dogs doing? Is he still any good?

Reaction Score
Tim Ream was picked just to show that playing in Europe shouldn't mean an automatic berth on the team.

Sarcasm detector just went off. Hasn’t he been beyond awful as of late?

Reaction Score
You worry about what position someone is listed as in a press release why? Other than that you're such a drama queen. Is it too much to ask to wait until you're upset by the way a player is actually used before you start complaining about it?

Ditto on your overreaction to Sargent and Weah. As if they aren't being consulted in decisions such as this one. If they didn't want to be in the Olympics, they would be in the senior camp.

Snowflake.

your addiction to mediocrity is getting worse.

Hiring Bruce Arena was a good call wasn’t? You haven’t been right about one single thing on this yet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom