Reaction Score
I waited too long to delete can a mod help
Me out?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I waited too long to delete can a mod help
Me out?

Don't worry about it - a second thread isn't going to kill anyone and there are too many threads being deleted, merged, edited and otherwise mangled already.

Reaction Score
Don't worry about it - a second thread isn't going to kill anyone and there are too many threads being deleted, merged, edited and otherwise mangled already.
I always thought that you didn't want people to start multiple threads on the same topic. Especially topics that aren't specific to UConn.

Reaction Score
Five-star freshman Robinson granted release from Western Kentucky

Robinson’s path now will be interesting to follow. If he wants to play college basketball, he’ll likely have to sit out this season as a transfer at another school. As a top-10 prospect, however, Robinson would likely have a number of enticing professional opportunities in overseas leagues should he wish to pursue them. He’ll certainly have no shortage of interest from college programs looking to use a late scholarship on one of the country’s best players.

Reaction Score
If he's immediately eligible and set on going to college, it'd have to be UNC right?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
looks like he's skipping college altogether: Report: Mitchell Robinson not expected to play in college; will prep for 2018 NBA Draft

Mitchell Robinson, a five-star prospect and top-10 recruit in the class of 2017, reportedly is not expected to play college basketball in the wake of leaving Western Kentucky in July.

Yahoo Sports reported Tuesday night that Robinson, who was weighing his options to transfer to Kansas or his hometown University of New Orleans, has passed on the UNO scenario (its fall semester already has started) and is preparing to spend the next nine months prepping for the 2018 NBA Draft.

Robinson is projected as the 13th pick in CBS Sports' latest mock draft.

Western Kentucky lost out on Robinson after Shammond Williams -- who is Robinson's godfather and a former NBA player who attended North Carolina -- resigned from his assistant coaching post under Rick Stansbury in July. Stansbury initially was able to get Robinson to stay on campus and eventually enroll for summer classes, but in less than two weeks Robinson packed up his belongings and left WKU.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Gotta say, taking summer classes being the reason he would have to sit out a year is really weak.

Kids from all kinds of schools take summer classes at a different college. And then go back to their other school without having to transfer.

Reaction Score
Gotta say, taking summer classes being the reason he would have to sit out a year is really weak.

Kids from all kinds of schools take summer classes at a different college. And then go back to their other school without having to transfer.

??

It's taking the scholarship that makes him ineligible. Once he's in summer classes, he has accepted the scholarship.

Reaction Score
??

It's taking the scholarship that makes him ineligible. Once he's in summer classes, he has accepted the scholarship.

There's also a huge can of worms with eligibility while taking a class at a school with any sort of athletic program. That's why Storrs athletes can't take classes at UConn Avery Point.

Reaction Score
IMG_3099.JPG

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm starting to think he might not play for Western Kentucky.

Reaction Score
He'll be in a Kentucky Wildcat or Duke Blue Devil uniform in a week while the NCAA mulls over the waiver decision for Sid Wilson until a month into the season.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom