Missouri @ Mississippi St (6) - 2/14/19 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Missouri @ Mississippi St (6) - 2/14/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good luck to the pro franchise taking McCown early. She has way too many games like this where she just doesn’t put forth the effort. In the pros if you mentally check out they’ll bury you. I understand she is doubled but put up a fight.
McCown, and Brown both are slow, and the quickness they see in the WNBA will give them fits.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Good luck to the pro franchise taking McCown early. She has way too many games like this where she just doesn’t put forth the effort. In the pros if you mentally check out they’ll bury you. I understand she is doubled but put up a fight.
McCowan had one basket in each of the 3rd and 4th qtr, plus a FT.
In the 3rd qtr, #34 for Missouri, Soph Emanuelle Tahane, at 6'1" played great defense as possible on McCown . spotting her 6" in height. Tahane played 9 minutes in the game but made a giant contribution. She is from France.

Reaction Score
I think McCowan has had a tough adjustment this season. She was spoiled last season, surrounded by Vivians, Schaefer, Johnson, and William who could all hit the 3 dangerously. There was nowhere near as
much collapsing. Now, every touch is a collapse.

Reaction Score
Robin Pingeton is so underrated. Yes she has Sophie dang her teams are always prepared with a great game plan. Yes they’ll lose games, some even by large margins, but they are always prepared. Their losses almost always come to much better teams.
Yeah, but is she still evangelizing?

Reaction Score
I think McCowan has had a tough adjustment this season. She was spoiled last season, surrounded by Vivians, Schaefer, Johnson, and William who could all hit the 3 dangerously. There was nowhere near as
much collapsing. Now, every touch is a collapse.

I think she's struggled finding her place too. I'm not completely convinced she's figured out how to play with Howard. This team still doesn't have anyone like Vivians who will step up and take over during crunch time. You need that to make a tournament run.

Reaction Score
This will no doubt alter the tournament bracket & WNBA mock draft. McCowan dropping & Cunningham locking up an end of the 1st-round selection. I’m still very skeptical of her foot speed but her moxy & toughness shouldn’t be overlooked.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just got home and saw the score :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sad-Bulldog-Baby-Pup-On-Road.jpg

Reaction Score
Only real thing I care about is UConn is moving up the seeding line. Now we just need a loss from Oregon in one of the two next games & we’re sitting pretty. I still DO NOT want to face MS St before the FF.

Reaction Score
I know Sophie isn’t quick. But if I’m a pro team I’m not afraid to draft her. She’s going to find ways to succeed. If she’s a second round pick someone will be happy to get her.

Reeve was scouting her at the Georgia game. With Maya sitting this year, she’d be a good fill-in. They have a similar quick-release three.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
This will no doubt alter the tournament bracket & WNBA mock draft. McCowan dropping & Cunningham locking up an end of the 1st-round selection. I’m still very skeptical of her foot speed but her moxy & toughness shouldn’t be overlooked.
Both Larry Bird and Magic Johnson would be considered slow, she is tough, makes the plays.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
They had posted a very interesting stat that Sophie's SEC stats is far better than her OOC stats. Of course, that can be interpreted as playing much better late in season than early.

Reaction Score
They had posted a very interesting stat that Sophie's SEC stats is far better than her OOC stats. Of course, that can be interpreted as playing much better late in season than early.
Could be a factor of her coming into the season out of shape. I know she’s dealt with some injuries but not sure if that she dealt with them again this summer.

ocoandasoc

Fan of MizzoUConn
Reaction Score
I'm a Mizzou alum and watch all their games. When they hit 10 or more 3's they can beat almost anybody because they play the best defense of any team in the SEC. They had 11 tonight.

They had 10 3's against TN, 12 against Auburn, 16 against Duke.

But they had seven or less in their losses to Michigan, South Carolina, Kentucky, and LSU.

They do love to win ugly. And sometime lose ugly when the shots don't fall. (We've got a rematch with TN on Sunday and we might win a close one -- or get blown out.

Mississippi State played poorly tonight, no doubt. But some of that was due to Mizzou's game plan and defense. State played a poor three quarters against TN before smashing them in the 4th. If I was Vic tonight I would have had Howard take every shot and let McCowan clean up the boards.

This is not the biggest win in years for Mizzou as the announcers were claiming. Two years ago we beat South Carolina before the went on to win the National Championship.

Cunningham is the only 5-star on the Mizzou roster. Porter doesn't have her strength or confidence back yet. (Though her three pointer in the final minute was a thing of beauty!) There are some good role players and they never quit.

Robin Pingeton is one of the best coaches in the SEC, probably in the country and runs a quality program. Recruiting is tough in Columbia, MO, but Robin is building some momentum. If Collier was a HS senior this year we might have been able to sign her, instead of just making her top five years ago. (I was glad she came to UConn, my second favorite team, since I knew she was too good for Mizzou at that point.) Robin works very hard on teamwork and team chemistry. Her players would walk over hot coals for her. And the fans in Columbia love her. Mizzou is lucky they have been able to keep her. But I think she wants to stay, at least for now, for family reasons.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
So I presume we're back to a theoretical ONE SEED for now?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Summary. We were terrible on Defense. Too many open shots. Shot 80% in 3Q. I never coached a team that gave up 80%. Not even the UConn game in the S16.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Bird & Magic huh?? Not sure where to even start so I’ll just let that one slide. :confused:
Sophie is tough, smart, makes the plays. Not putting her at their level, obviously, talking about foot speed and smarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom