Mississippi St (7) @ Auburn - 1/14/19 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St (7) @ Auburn - 1/14/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
The only Auburn Player who is really making shots is Moore. When Unique, and McKay don’t show up this what happens.

Did you go to Auburn? My cousin graduated from Auburn and is a huge fan. His groom's cake was a replica of Jordan Hare.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Auburn is shooting 8 of 18 from the free throw line. That's even worse than Tennessee yesterday.

Reaction Score
Did you go to Auburn? My cousin graduated from Auburn and is a huge fan. His groom's cake was a replica of Jordan Hare.
I didn’t but I had family that went there. So I grew up a Big Auburn fan.

Reaction Score
Auburn just couldn’t do enough rough game. But I still think this team could be battling it out for a top 4 seed in the SEC.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Auburn just couldn’t do enough rough game. But I still think this team could be battling it out for a top 4 seed in the SEC.
Which isn't saying much. The team that was looking like the 2nd best in the SEC just lost to bottom feeder Ole Miss. This conference is a mess.

Reaction Score
Which isn't saying much. The team that was looking like the 2nd best in the SEC just lost to bottom feeder Ole Miss. This conference is a mess.
I know it’s not. But it’d still be good for the program.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score

Macy Morris was sick though. On a team thin like Kentucky can't afford their best player to not play. They scored only 49 points, and that was pretty awful.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Posts for MSU absolutely killed Auburn. In 40 minutes of play Teaira (23 min) and Jessika Carter (17 min) had 36 points and 16 rebounds on 13-14 shooting from the field and 10-10 at the line.

Reaction Score
I always pull for them if they don't play State.
I usually pull for SEC teams but not BAMA or Auburn. I worked with some grads from those schools and quickly got to dislike the teams, they were so rude!

Reaction Score
I don't think that poster is a State fan. A lot of bizarre comments that don't make sense. Not really sure what is going on with that poster.
I am a State fan and I see his point. Both AEH and Myah were 5 star recruits and you can see they have talent but both appear to lack confidence. My hope is they get it together before tournament time because they would be huge for MSST were they playing up to potential.

Reaction Score
I thonk there was a dip in AEH’s confidence level, but it looks like its on the rise. She started off strong, knocking down open 3s, and then she hit a wall. Hopefully she will regain that confidence. Many of her 3s were right on target tonight, just didn’t fall. She and Bibby both have some pretty strokes.

Reaction Score
I love when posters get upset when their coach gets second guessed as if he's a little child or something. Vic is a grown man who gets paid a lot of money to coach basketball. He's a grown man who didn't play his starting PG in much of the 4th quarters in back to back national championship games. Doesn't matter how you feel about me...i really could careless. How you feel about me won't change the fact about what he did to Morgan William in those championship games. He's also a coach who says "Praise the Lord" everytime he speaks into a camera and begins every press conference by saying "Giving all the glory to God". Name another coach on ANY level that does that?? Amazing that this board banned me earlier this week yet I've NEVER used a racial slur or profanity in ANY of my posts on this forum. All I do is give my opinion just like everyone else who posts a message on this forum.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
He's also a coach who says "Praise the Lord" everytime he speaks into a camera and begins every press conference by saying "Giving all the praise to God". Name another coach on ANY level that does that??

Uh, let's see ... Dabo Swinney, to name a very recent and far more prominent example?

Amazing that this board banned me earlier this week yet I've NEVER used a racial slur or profanity in ANY of my posts on this forum.

Oh gee. Could it be that racial slurs and profanities are not the only bannable offenses? Just a thought...

Reaction Score
I love when posters get upset when their coach gets second guessed as if he's a little child or something. Vic is a grown man who gets paid a lot of money to coach basketball. He's a grown man who didn't play his starting PG in much of the 4th quarters in back to back national championship games. Doesn't matter how you feel about me...i really could careless. How you feel about me won't change the fact about what he did to Morgan William in those championship games. He's also a coach who says "Praise the Lord" everytime he speaks into a camera and begins every press conference by saying "Giving all the glory to God". Name another coach on ANY level that does that?? Amazing that this board banned me earlier this week yet I've NEVER used a racial slur or profanity in ANY of my posts on this forum. All I do is give my opinion just like everyone else who posts a message on this forum.
I wondered why Morgan did not play much in the SC national championship game but I realized I am a fan of the team. I know I am not knowledgeable enough to decide what players are needed during critical games and the team coach is paid to make those calls. Vic “Praise the lord and go dawgs” comment is his way of expressing his love for his team and does not offend me. I do not consider that preaching or excessive religion, to me it is just an expression of team support. As for being banned we are visitors to this site and the rules are available to everyone as to what is allowed. I believe the moderators do a great job here and at least to me offer guidance and assistance in a polite manner.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score

My only thought is that if the man annoys you as much as he appears to, why not follow another team or simply ignore him? He has clearly taken MSU to heights never reached (or even approached) in WCBB, but seems to upset you in numerous ways. Why not move on to more pleasant pastures?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Good win for Mississippi State. Big game Thursday coming up against SC. Should be the biggest challenge for the Bulldogs the rest of the year.

Reaction Score
I thonk there was a dip in AEH’s confidence level, but it looks like its on the rise. She started off strong, knocking down open 3s, and then she hit a wall. Hopefully she will regain that confidence. Many of her 3s were right on target tonight, just didn’t fall. She and Bibby both have some pretty strokes.

She had a few rattle in and out

Continue to work hard they will start falling. She played well tonight defensively again which probably what will get Vic attention. Her and Bibby have very quick releases. If they can get her to start making those 3's a little more consistent, that will help a lot on the inside. While AEH's shooting hasn't been great yet I do like her movement off the ball. She is working hard cutting to the lane, setting screens, getting open.

Carter played really well tonight and it was refreshing to see her make her FT's. Girl that size will continue to get hacked the rest of her career, she can making a living at the free throw line if she makes them.

Reaction Score
I watched the game and other than the turnover fest for several minutes MSU looked solid. Auburn didn't look bad, some speed and made some good moves at various points.

MSU doesn't look like the team from last year but they honestly have the tools to be far in the tournament. I've yet to see all the pieces fall into play in a single game though and that worries me for long term prospects.

OT but Draya Carter was a good commentator. She seems to have a great grasp of the game and hopefully has a future in the sport.

Reaction Score
Good win for Mississippi State. Big game Thursday coming up against SC. Should be the biggest challenge for the Bulldogs the rest of the year.

The biggest challenge will be when they come to Columbia the last game of the season. Although we have had a lot of success against them I would be shocked if we go to Starkville and win.

Reaction Score
The biggest challenge will be when they come to Columbia the last game of the season. Although we have had a lot of success against them I would be shocked if we go to Starkville and win.
I agree, expect a tough game Thursday but home court advantage should make it easier for us but I still think SC is our biggest challenge in the SEC. We always have a hard time beating SC.

Reaction Score

Maybe you because you called Geno the leader of the mob or something to that extent? lol

Reaction Score
I agree, expect a tough game Thursday but home court advantage should make it easier for us but I still think SC is our biggest challenge in the SEC. We always have a hard time beating SC.

Pssst... Wilson is no longer there. ;)

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
....which is really saying something because the Big10 is a dumpster fire as well but yet the SEC is worse! Talent wise, Tennessee should be #2 even if they are young and have Holly at the helm but alas they will be pressed to finish in the top 6 OR WORSE...

This thread alerted a couple of thoughts that I hadn't really contemplated.
#1. Auburn as a top SEC team? They don't have any signature wins, good losses to Iowa St, Tenn and now MSU. Not sure we know enough about them yet but given the sad state of affairs of the SEC, sure they could be a top team :eek:
#2. It has postulated by an opposing fan that a specific MSU fan does not like their coach due to his ego. I have not seen a direct comment from that fan, but let's supposed it's true and some MSU fans don't like Vic. As noted by @j66kicker not have fans have to like their coach and in this case, they have to respect what he has done not only with the last few years of MSU but what he did at Texas A&M. Not only is he recruiting better, he's winning in the SEC, winning in the NCAA tournament and his filling the stands in Starkville, making WCBB quite the event. Overall, his put his name up in the top 10 coaches of programs now.
Geno, Muffet, Tara, Kim, Dawn, Brenda, Jeff, Scott, Vic and then Karen Aston, Kelly Grave vying for 10th. If a program can be known by it's coaches first name, for the most part, they have arrived. Holly is the antithesis of this statement..:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom