Mississippi St (7) @ Auburn - 1/14/19 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St (7) @ Auburn - 1/14/19

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I justs hope Auburn can keep this a game. They can’t turn it over like they did against Bama and their gonna have to make their shots.

Reaction Score
AN AUBURN WIN WOULD...
›› Be Auburn's 15th victory of the year, guaranteeing a winning record in the regular season and surpass the 2017-18 season win total.
›› Give Auburn a 3-1 start in SEC play for the second time in three years.
›› Snap a five-game losing streak against the Bulldogs.
›› Snap a 17-game skid against ranked opponents.
›› Be Auburn's first win over a top-10 opponent since Jan. 3, 2016; a 66-61 win over No. 7 Kentucky.

Reaction Score
This game worries me a little for some reason.
Me too, until Tee regains her old zeal we could be beat. If she can start playing like she was the first of the year we are Final Four material.

Reaction Score
No doubt Auburn will try and close the middle and force Miss St to shoot over the top. One thing I fear for them is allowing Bibby to get open. Once a player gets hit on Auburn’s, everything goes down the drain. It’ll be interesting to see...

Reaction Score
Me too, until Tee regains her old zeal we could be beat. If she can start playing like she was the first of the year we are Final Four material.

I don't fully trust this team yet. Last year was different. Outside of top 10 match ups, I always felt like that team would be fine and find a way to win. This year, I don't really know.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I don't fully trust this team yet. Last year was different. Outside of top 10 match ups, I always felt like that team would be fine and find a way to win. This year, I don't really know.

Part of me thinks they could become the team to beat come tournament time, but I could also see them losing to a pretty bad team or two during SEC play. Consistency isnt there.

Reaction Score
Part of me thinks they could become the team to beat come tournament time, but I could also see them losing to a pretty bad team or two during SEC play. Consistency isnt there.

That sums up my feelings. I won't be surprised if they drop a game to a middle of the pack, unranked SEC team like Auburn or Missouri.

Reaction Score
Were we in a zone on Auburn's last possession? Am I going crazy?
I did not notice but Vic does not like to play zone. iMHO zone will help us against quick teams.

Reaction Score
AEH defense getting her playing time, playing seems to give her confidence offense improving!

Reaction Score
Long night for Jazz, Taylor turning over the ball too much.

Reaction Score
Auburn’s not gonna Win this. McKay not playing well. Not hitting enough shots. Missing their free throws. Just bad.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Auburn has the distinction of being the only SEC team to have lost to Tennessee so far.

Reaction Score
Myah Taylor looks like she should be playing for some DII school in Wyoming or some where. Something or someone has absolutely destroyed her confidence and her game because she use to be an outstanding player and prospect.

Reaction Score
Myah Taylor looks like she should be playing for some DII school in Wyoming or some where. Something or someone has absolutely destroyed her confidence and her game because she use to be an outstanding player and prospect.

Do you even like your coach?

Reaction Score
Do you even like your coach?
Haha. Not to answer on @msugrad00's behalf, but from what I've seen it's pretty clear that he absolutely and unequivocally does NOT like "The Southern TV Evangelist." Many comments such as, "Vic's the best thing since sliced bread....don't believe me? Just ask him...he'll tell ya." Not every fan has to like their coach - think of all the poor Tennessee fans. Lots of Cowboys fans calling for Jerry to get Lincoln Riley in there, etc, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Haha. Not to answer on @msugrad00's behalf, but from what I've seen it's pretty clear that he absolutely and unequivocally does NOT like "The Southern Preacher." Many comments such as, "Vic's the best thing since sliced bread....don't believe me? Just ask him...he'll tell ya." Not every fan has to like their coach - think of all the poor Tennessee fans. Lots of Cowboys fans calling for Jerry to get Lincoln Riley in there, etc, etc.

I've noticed and secretly couldn't wait to hear the response I got. ;)

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score

So she came in for one series and made one bad play and you're singling her out as the most egregious thing? Holmes, Bibby, Danberry, Howard, and Scott all made a couple of plays that was worse.

Reaction Score
The only Auburn Player who is really making shots is Moore. When Unique, and McKay don’t show up this is what happens.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom