Mississippi St (5) @ Oregon (7) - 12/18/18 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St (5) @ Oregon (7) - 12/18/18

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I called that. About a minute left in this game. Refs reviewing possession on an out of bounds call. Buffalo up 8, but we'll probably see a few timeouts still. This could take another 5 minutes or so.

edited--and FTs
this could drag out indefinitely still

Referee couldn't see the Buffalo player 5 feet from his face touching the ball. At least bad refs in NCAA basketball aren't limited to the women.

When is men's basketball going to go to quarters? The women's games always go so much faster.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
McCowan hasn't even touched the ball on offense 3 1/2 minutes into the game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Trading buckets, I think the pace so far favors Oregon.

McCowan is just invisible so far. Why is she hedging near the top of the key?

As I typed that she got her first O board and put back. Oregon is managing to get her out of the key and leave themselves w/ driving lanes.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Ionescu is also fairly quiet so far. The stars aren't showing so far but other players are. Cazorla looks the most active I've seen her all year, more like she was last season.

Reaction Score
The way we let people drive into the lane is concerning and something I noticed during the Marquette game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So far, this game looks like it is going to live up to it;s billing. :)

Reaction Score
Boley is so slow.
I have yet to see a play where anyone seemed like they could run faster than a light jog. I don’t know if I’m just used to watching UConn sprint every possession or if these players really are this slow.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
McCowan is playing a dangerous game with the way she swipes for the ball while hedging on screens.

Pokey Chatman used to have Fowles defend screens that way and it would drive me nuts because it seemed like Big Syl was forever picking up cheap fouls 25 feet from the hoop.

Maybe she can get away with that in college but if she defends like that in the pros, she'll be rooted to the bench with foul trouble.

Reaction Score

As I typed that she got her first O board and put back. Oregon is managing to get her out of the key and leave themselves w/ driving lanes.

This has been my concern since I noticed it during the Marquette game.

Reaction Score

The way we let people drive into the lane is concerning and something I noticed during the Marquette game.
These comments go hand in hand. If McCowan stays in the paint (Hebard isn’t a stellar shooter), then that eliminates nearly every drive. Either a wild shot would get thrown up or there’s a good chance McCowan blocks it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I've seen McCowan just dominate games before. She looks lost out there tonight.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Ionescu has missed two wide open pull ups and kicked a pass off of her foot for a violation. Oregon looks like they came ready to play, Ionescu looks a little too wound up.

Reaction Score
Well it’s a good thing fans are trained everywhere. Ball clearly went off Ionescu into the backcourt, she picked it up without anyone else touching it, and everyone in the stands jeered like it was a bad call.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
#5 for Oregon is a playa that came ready to work tonight. Get up Ms. Howard. #20 looks tight as a drum.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Vic needs to change his defensive strategy. It's just silly having McCowan "trying" to hedge up high, waving at the ball and then watching Cazorla drive by her for a layup...again.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
19-17 after Q1, Oregon leading.

Will either McCowan or Ionescu get involved? Combined 2 points between them to this point I think.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom