Mississippi St (4) @ Washington - 12/20/18 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St (4) @ Washington - 12/20/18

Reaction Score
Bibby isnt a great defender yet she still starts and plays a lot. Against good teams like Oregon we need at least one guard on the court who can knock down 3's and that needs to be AEH. Last year Vic's daughter started and played a lot and while she drew the occasional charge her on ball defense against quick guards wasn't good at all. Vic plays upper classmen no matter what...his ol school mindset is players must "wait their turn". AEH needs minutes consistently every game

LSU fan here but I do follow MSU closely. Bibby is a good defender, wouldn't say she is an elite defender but she moves her feet and is usually in the correct positions on defense that Vic wants her to be. She has her hands up constantly and disrupts passing lanes.

If you watch AEH on defense its dramatically different. Not saying AEH is a bad player, she is good and is a hard worker but she clearly isn't ready now defensively, its going to take time. As another poster said in this thread, he is like Geno in that he will not have you on the floor long or at all if you can't defend properly. No question AEH can help tremendously from shooting from the outside and she will play a lot more down the stretch as she gets to where Vic wants her to be on D. She will be an asset to this team.

As for Vic's daughter... she was a tough defender and worked hard on the defensive end, add in the fact that she can knock down 3's of course she was always on the floor.

Vic only players upper classmen? McCowan, Vivians, Bibby, Williams, etc all say significant time as freshmen. AEH is seeing some significant time right now and she will throughout the rest of the season. If you are going to crack the starting lineup for Vic your defense and rebounding better be up to his standard. Has nothing to do with wait your turn. He isn't throwing kids out there who can't defend for crap.

There is talent on the bench, Carter, Wiggins, Taylor, AEH. All are essentially freshmen with little experience but they just aren't there yet but are on there way to be.

I can promise you kids like Rickea Jackson, Promise Taylor, and Esmery Martinez will be playing significantly next season and start throughout it. Vic clearly knows what he is doing.

Reaction Score
I just realized ND and Marquette play this Saturday along with UCONN at Cal

I would hope to see some big crowds this weekend, some good competition
Hope there is a poll for the ND Marquette game, I think Marquette has a real chance to beat ND, in fact I pick Marquette if there is a poll!

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
I agree with SecBBfan, Bibby isn't exactly Danberry in her swiftness, but her feet moves well, it doesn't look like her body weight impacts her ability to move herself at all, and something must be right with her feet because her 3-point shooting is 50%. And it she looks like she can stay with a defender even moving side-to-side.

And Bibby is probably more tougher than AEH. She really has strength and brawl, throws elbows and can get up and grab some rebounds over and on top, and she's probably way better on loose balls than AEH, who right now is proven to be mainly a shooter. I would like AEH to draw more fouls and get to the free throw line, that would help us.

I think it's so crucial for AEH's first shot to fall. Hers didn't against Oregon, so she probably was taken out to not risk further damage.

Reaction Score
AEH was New York player of the year who averaged 35 ppg during her high school career. The high school she played at in New York excellent and the prep school she played at in New Jersey is also excellent. Teams would have to respect her jumper which would free up more space for Big T down low. The fact that Vic plays BreAmber Scott ahead of her off the bench is down right silly.

Reaction Score
AEH was New York player of the year who averaged 35 ppg during her high school career. The high school she played at in New York excellent and the prep school she played at in New Jersey is also excellent. Teams would have to respect her jumper which would free up more space for Big T down low. The fact that Vic plays BreAmber Scott ahead of her off the bench is down right silly.

I'm not high on Scott either. I haven't been impressed with her. If AEH can become a consistent shooter, she could be very good. Her release is so fast. So is Bibby's.

What do you think about Vic's reluctant to ever play zone. I think that could have helped against Oregon. At least we could have tried. It was downright pitiful that Oregon scored more than us in the paint.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom