Mississippi St (4) @ Washington - 12/20/18 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St (4) @ Washington - 12/20/18

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Good to see Andi hit a 3. Maybe she'll loosen up and get a little rhythm tonight.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Melgoza continuing her terrible shooting of late (0-6).

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
56-19 just before half. I was expecting a blow out, but this is even worse than I imagined. Wow. Is it too soon to give up on this season and hope for some improvement next year?

Reaction Score
Taylor has ability but she plays really out of control at times.

Imagine we will see Wiggins this 2nd half

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mississippi St looking like the #1 team in the country against Washington. A lot crisper and no overly active refs.
Not to sound mean, but Washington looks like these junior high girls that are playing during halftime.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Good to see Andi hit a 3. Maybe she'll loosen up and get a little rhythm tonight.
She's shown some impressive shooting prowess when her team is already up by 30.

Reaction Score

Why so salty? No different then UCONN's bench players making plays when they are up by 50

Got to start somewhere

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Not to sound mean, but Washington looks like these junior high girls that are playing during halftime.

I promise I'm not piling on, but the talent differential has been shocking. I was expecting something at least moderately in the ballpark of the Plum teams, but this team looks like a large project. Conditioning in the off-season should be an immediate priority.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Why so salty? No different then UCONN's bench players making plays when they are up by 50
My point exactly. And I like salt. Coarse kosher or pink Himalayan.

Seriously, I have nothing against her. No jilted bride here, nor do I pine longingly at what might have been.

Reaction Score
Too many empty seats. WBB fans need to support the sport. I realize not every game is a barn burner but that arena more empty than I had hoped.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score

She'll be fine if she's patient. All reports are that she"s well liked and a good teammate. She and Chloe are tight. She just has a lot of work to do to meet Vic's standards on D.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I promise I'm not piling on, but the talent differential has been shocking. I was expecting something at least moderately in the ballpark of the Plum teams, but this team looks like a large project. Conditioning in the off-season should be an immediate priority.

I tried to tell ya. Melgoza (despite the awful shooting slump she's in) and maybe some of the Fr. (somewhere down the road) are probably the only players that would get any playing time on the majority of Power 5 teams. This is still the fruits of Neighbors' abysmal recruiting in back to back years after Plum and Osahor signed. There basically wasn't a Sr. class last year or this year. Hannah Johnson plays hard and produces at times but she is a way undersized post.

Reaction Score
I just realized ND and Marquette play this Saturday along with UCONN at Cal

I would hope to see some big crowds this weekend, some good competition

Plebe

Reaction Score
I don't really think it's conditioning. It's just base talent and athleticism.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Too many empty seats. WBB fans need to support the sport. I realize not every game is a barn burner but that arena more empty than I had hoped.

It's tough to turn out to watch a team play like that. Whatever hope I had for improvement this year is evaporating quickly.

Plebe

Reaction Score
She'll be fine if she's patient. All reports are that she"s well liked and a good teammate. She and Chloe are tight. She just has a lot of work to do to meet Vic's standards on D.
Geno would never have recruited her if she were unlikable or a poor team player. Just because she didn't "take" at UConn doesn't mean she's a bad egg.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
I don't really think it's conditioning. It's just base talent and athleticism.

Conditioning wouldn't change this game much, but that team could be in much better shape to compete at a higher level. Got a feeling they are going to look pretty tired in the 4th.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
apologies, forgot which thread I was in, deleted irrelevant posts

Plebe

Reaction Score
It will be carnage.
Well, this prediction couldn't have been more accurate. Bulldog-on-husky violence.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
UW played tough against Oregon and OSU on the road, Stanford at home and Cal in the Pac 12 Tourney last year, despite the lack of talent. I actually think they looked a bit better last season.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
Lot of young, but highly rated players on the court for State in this 4th.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom