Mississippi St @ #18 Arkansas - 2/11/21 | The Boneyard

Mississippi St @ #18 Arkansas - 2/11/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
This is the last chance for Rickea Jackson to make a point she deserves to be on the Wooden watch list as, to me, she is not worthy....

Reaction Score
This is the last chance for Rickea Jackson to make a point she deserves to be on the Wooden watch list as, to me, she is not worthy....
Rickea is an amazing talent. I think she has regressed this year though. Sad to see, I enjoy watching her play last year.

Reaction Score
I think what we are seeing this year with Rickea is partially a lack of development last year. While she and Carter put up good numbers in the dribble-drive offense, it wasn't the best system for Rickea to develop an overall game or for Carter to develop moves in the post. For example, in 19 games against SEC opponents last year Rickea only took 10 3-point shots, whereas in 13 games this year she has shot 51. BTW, an interesting note about last season for MSU is that the 3 starting guards combined for only 13 3-point attempts in those 19 SEC games (Danberry took 1 and Taylor took 2 which is 37 less than her attempts so far this season).

Reaction Score
First game that I have seen where Nikki got out of her chair. Is this really Mississippi State, looks much more like Ole Miss last year.

Reaction Score
Carter 1-4, Jackson 1-4. Arkansas is a small team, not very good on defense. Your big scorers like Jackson and Carter should have big paint advantage.

Reaction Score
First game that I have seen where Nikki got out of her chair. Is this really Mississippi State, looks much more like Ole Miss last year.
She is doing a fine Holly Warlick impression

Reaction Score
It’s unusual for Slocum to be the leading scorer.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Hi,

Once die-hard Bulldog women's basketball fan.

I'm now just watching to stan for Taylor.

Reaction Score
She is doing a fine Holly Warlick impression

At least Holly was bringing in top talent to Tennessee. Easier there than Starkville but I think Mississippi State has better players now than McCray will be able to get. And then winning becomes harder if that occurs

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
48-35 at the half, Slocum leading the way w/ 17.

Reaction Score
Hi,

Once die-hard Bulldog women's basketball fan.

I'm now just watching to stan for Taylor.
Still a Dawg WBB fan, just not a Nikki fan. Hard for me to watch our team go from a tough competitive team to one that appears to go be going thur the motions. Reminds me of my high school football days, we had a coach that everybody loved and he retired. The school promoted his assistant coach and in one season we went for the conference champs to only winning 3 games the next season. We never recovered, hope this is not the case with MSST.

Reaction Score
Still a Dawg WBB fan, just not a Nikki fan. Hard for me to watch our team go from a tough competitive team to one that appears to go be going thur the motions. Reminds me of my high school football days, we had a coach that everybody loved and he retired. The school promoted his assistant coach and in one season we went for the conference champs to only winning 3 games the next season. We never recovered, hope this is not the case with MSST.

Just watching this game it feels like the defensive intensity from Vic days is not the same

Reaction Score
Miss St has some really talented players, just don't feel the talent is matching what is being put onto the court. Outside of McCray trying to make the team more assertive from the 3 point line, I'm not sure anything else that is going better for State under her. Its weird not seeing MSU being physical and aggressive defensively. They have been great on that end for years.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Well, each game we lose.... faster we can get rid of that Neke whatever face fraud.

Reaction Score
Intensity on D has changed the game. They need to play like that more.

Reaction Score
For the first time this season we are seeing the style of play that NMP said she wanted the team to shift to which is quite different from last year's approach. Her signing class includes players geared for this style of play.

Reaction Score
Slocum went to the locker room with a hand injury.

Reaction Score
Anybody remember when Morgan and Jazz had zero turnover for the whole game, we use to be the team. That turn over opponents now they turn us over.

Reaction Score
AEH would have been good in this new Hail State team that shoots more 3s

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom