Missed my 1st Game Since 2003... | The Boneyard

Missed my 1st Game Since 2003...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
That's what I get for going on a ski trip to VT. Anyone want to fill me in on the game intangibles until the replay is up? I almost dropped my phone on the lift trying to refresh gamecast..

Thanks. .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Replay is already up on ESPN.

It went well.

Cincinnati was crude and unrefined - much like their chili and spaghetti gambit. We allowed them to stick around until the final minute when class and the natural order of things prevailed.

Reaction Score
What fishy said..obviously you have you're priorities mixed up, but seriously I'm jealous used to ski a lot but 3 torn acl's later it's a memory. Probably a sweet day to tear it up.. Blue skies and no wind , nothing better.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Great game, great crowd. Lubin and Omar were the stars. Lubin is taking on a mini-enforcer attitude, and Omar is playing free, easy confident and happy. Defense was solid; Hamilton's handle was not.

We may be on to something.

But I'm jealous--where are you skiing and how are the conditions?

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Thanks guys.

@8893 and @CTKIDD - been at Killington since Wednesday. Was going to make a day trip to Sugarbush or Stowe on Thursday, but virtually all mountains in central/northern VT were closed. It was -8 F midday at Killington before the shut down the mountain, windchill up top was near -50 F.

Skiing today, Wednesday, and Friday were awesome. Surprisingly no people today and even though it was cold the conditions were great. Not a lot of ice and a lot of open trails. Lines weren't bad at all.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Thanks guys.

@8893 and @CTKIDD - been at Killington since Wednesday. Was going to make a day trip to Sugarbush or Stowe on Thursday, but virtually all mountains in central/northern VT were closed. It was -8 F midday at Killington before the shut down the mountain, windchill up top was near -50 F.

Skiing today, Wednesday, and Friday were awesome. Surprisingly no people today and even though it was cold the conditions were great. Not a lot of ice and a lot of open trails. Lines weren't bad at all.
Grew up skiing at Killington and Okemo. Absolutely the coldest I've even been in my life several times at both places. I don't know that I ever got -50, but I do know I've ridden the main chair up when it was -35 with the wind chill. Just brutal. On the one hand, it taught me how to ski and use the edges, on the other, I will never ski back east again.

Reaction Score

It went well.

Cincinnati was crude and unrefined - much like their chili and spaghetti gambit. We allowed them to stick around until the final minute when class and the natural order of things prevailed.
They put cinnamon in their chili, seriously who does that?!??

Reaction Score
Grew up skiing at Killington and Okemo. Absolutely the coldest I've even been in my life several times at both places. I don't know that I ever got -50, but I do know I've ridden the main chair up when it was -35 with the wind chill. Just brutal. On the one hand, it taught me how to ski and use the edges, on the other, I will never ski back east again.
It was -30 here with the wind chill on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and I didn't even have to take a chairlift. Chicago.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I'm going out west for the first time in March. Breckingridge. Ski Killington majority of the time - I like the way they separate the experts from the rest of the mountain. Kinda like us in the NCAA Tournament.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm going out west for the first time in March. Breckingridge. Ski Killington majority of the time - I like the way they separate the experts from the rest of the mountain. Kinda like us in the NCAA Tournament.
If they get fresh snow while you're there, it would be worth the hour trip to Vail to ski the back bowls. Hands down the most other wordly skiing thing you can do when they have powder in the bowls. Perfect time of year to ski there - lots of base - moderate temperatures - lots of sun.

Reaction Score
You're in for a treat!! I've skied breck tons of times , my family has a condo in Dillon.. Bring you're sunglasses and an oxygen tank

Reaction Score
Forget Breck. You'll be over run by yahoos. Go over the pass to either Vail or BC.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
I'm just looking for a run that's longer than 5 minutes. Vail sounds appealing though. Might give it a try. I'm going to be there for a week. However - not sure how much skiing will be done because I'm going over the same days as the AAC Tournament. I swear to God if we don't lock up a bid by then....

Reaction Score
Wind chill here in Palm Beach was about 70 degrees.

Boat had a heck of a game. Something like 18 pts and 8 assists. More than that was his defense and great leadership. Today was the first time I turned the corner and now believe Boat can play at the next level. A lot to ask for but hope Boat gets picked in the first round.

One last point, in 2nd half when TSam came off the court, he was totally winded. This because he plays at such an intense level - both on offense and especially on defense.

Oh just one more Thing - OMAR COMIN !!!

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I'm just looking for a run that's longer than 5 minutes. Vail sounds appealing though. Might give it a try. I'm going to be there for a week. However - not sure how much skiing will be done because I'm going over the same days as the AAC Tournament. I swear to God if we don't lock up a bid by then....
It's been almost exactly 25 years since I was there (the same weekend we beat Georgetown and Syracuse to win our first BET) but I seem to remember a run - looking at the map - called Prima which was like Outer Limits Xs 3. I was pretty good at bumps back then, but Volkswagon sized bumps forever just totally wrecked my legs for the rest of the day. The back bowls are 2500 vertical feet of steep the entire way. May not be as long as some of the long green cruisers of Killington, but more than enough to give you a good work out.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
They put cinnamon in their chili, seriously who does that?!??

Cinnamon is a no-no. But a carefully sprinkled amount of allspice on the meat while it's being browned can raise some eyebrows.

Reaction Score
The coldest I've ever been in my life was Killington peak and they closed the chair while I made the run. Can't ski anymore but actually preferred skiing in the east because of an addiction to speed. Hard pack that you could get an edge in was my favorite. Skied once at Stowe with a cocky western skier who never skied Vermont. She made one run and that was that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks for the ski report CT. I've got a brand new pair of skis and haven't been yet this season and it's killing me. Have a week at Sugarbush next month. I haven't skied Breckenridge in several years, but I recall the Imperial Bowl giving some long runs. Had to hike up to it back then, but I think a lift services it now. And for my money, if you're going to take a trip out of Summit County to look for better skiing, I'd head to Steamboat instead of Vail. Love the glade skiing there, and the snow is as close to champagne powder as you can find in CO.

Oh, and sorry to the a sshats who didn't like the props to Lubin. I was trying to give a quick one sentence storyline, not a game recap. Yes, Boat was Boat--no surprise there. But Omar and Lubin were the story of this game imo. Sorry if you were confused by the term "stars," but it was meant within the context of the game and expectations. Funny, the New Haven Register gave Lubin the headline and the Hartford Courant gave him the story lead. Leave it to the Boneyard for you to post that criticism of one line, yet fail to provide any insight yourself.

Reaction Score
Another observation if you haven't watched the game yet. AB is becoming a much better rebounder. He had I think 5 on the offensive end.

Agree 10-8-8 the last 3 is a nice pattern. That's huge.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

It went well.

Mad props to the housewife who threw chili on top of spaghetti. It works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom