OT: - Mispronunciations you hate | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Mispronunciations you hate

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Irregardless...not a word

People in CT who say they've got an idear...new englanders tend to drop letters, not sure why they decide to add an r
Because all those unused Rs have to go somewhere.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
I am really tired of sentences punctuated with "like" or "ya know". I also cringe when I hear "sucks". Like you suck!

Reaction Score
Irregardless...not a word

People in CT who say they've got an idear...new englanders tend to drop letters, not sure why they decide to add an r
My Dad was born and raised in Brooklyn,NY and he used to add an r to certain words for instance bananer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I personally can't stand it when someone doesn't pronounce the letter t when it comes after an n.

For example: "innernet" instead of the proper "internet"

Another is when people say "hundrit" instead of "hundred".

What are yours?
joobs, I would irritate the hell out of you.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Samwich instead of sandwich.
Worked with a guy years ago who said sangwich. I think samwich would have been preferable.

Reaction Score
Irregardless of what was said, I hate it when someone corrects or points out a grammatical or pronounciation mistake.
Oh and the use of literally :)

Last edited:

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
"For all intensive purposes"
Is that really a mispronunciation, or simply using the wrong word? People who say it that way are likely to write it that way, too.

Reaction Score
I worked with a guy years ago who mispronounced the days of the week. "Day" became "dee". Mondee, Tuesdee, etc. The worst was Saturday which became Seerdee. He was from Bristol, is that a Bristol thing?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The coolest thing is fiction writing. You can create characters who mispronounce
words and break every grammar rule. It drives spell check and grammar check nuts.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I hate that and PIN number for same reason.

I also hate when people say “I could care less”

"I could care less" is great when used properly. It let's a person know you have the capacity to not give more of a damn about whatever it is being disgust, but either due to the persons personality or the subject you aren't investing the time and energy (or lack there of). You are just moving on.

Reaction Score
I logged in to the Boneyard in Febuary supposebly to find more information about our recruited scholar atheletes.
I found most offten youz guys aksed about the recent memees involving how society will orientate their ideas revelant to the virus.
It innerested me but my libary is closed. So, after floundering around the innernet I came acrossed some verbage about how
aminals in the Artic Circle are not invected. It's a mute point as I will never go there. Will I go anywheres?
Prolly just to get my perscriptions. Meanwhile, my realator wife doesn't even put her jewlery on anymore.
This is a cruel asterick to our hunkered lives. So, I sit at home, longing for the days when I just could walk at lunch, browse the Boneyard and grab a giro and surebert. At least I feel safe financially after witdrawing my savings and coming home wid a wheelbarrelfull of cash.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I hate when children say "lello" instead of yellow. Makes me want to just step on their crayons.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom