Miscellaneous Mid-Major Tournaments | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Miscellaneous Mid-Major Tournaments

Reaction Score
. . . I don't believe CMU would get an at-large bid. Creme may disagree but I'm not seeing it.

Agree. Getting bounced in the quarters doesn't help their case. If they lost a close game in the
finals then it might be a better shot.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Agree. Getting bounced in the quarters doesn't help their case. If they lost a close game in the
finals then it might be a better shot.
Plus they lost 3 of their last 4 games, two of them to #148 Toledo.

Their RPI is literally their only case for inclusion.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In the Metro Atlantic quarterfinals, Rider narrowly avoids the fate of Central Michigan and Bethune-Cookman, squeaking out a 3-point win over a 10-20 (7-13) Niagara team.

In the C-USA first round from Frisco, Texas, #12 Louisiana Tech upsets #5 UAB in a tight battle. The Lady Techsters will next play #4 Middle Tennessee State.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
the Big 10 without Maryland, Big 12 Without Baylor,
Well, the Big Ten does have a slew of other teams worthy as many are in the top 25 in ranking, RPI and Massey. the Big12 however, yikes, that league was putrid this year and given how weak some of the OOC's were (Kansas, Texas Tech, TCU) they still were bad. Heck, Pittsburgh could challenge for a top 4 seed in this conference-Colorado could be 2nd!!!

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
In the Metro Atlantic quarterfinals, Rider narrowly avoids the fate of Central Michigan and Bethune-Cookman, squeaking out a 3-point win over a 10-20 (7-13) Niagara team.

In the C-USA first round from Frisco, Texas, #12 Louisiana Tech upsets #5 UAB in a tight battle. The Lady Techsters will next play #4 Middle Tennessee State.
Speaking of Middle Tennessee, what ever happened to Rellah Booth? She was on the roster but didn't play a lick this year.

I have to say that poor Charlie Crème is only trying to guess what the committee will do by applying their logic of past years and what their criteria is for seeding and he's getting torched by our masses here as if he's trying to sway the committee. Hopefully because of all the furor on the ESPN sites, the committee may alter their logic...

Reaction Score
Speaking of Middle Tennessee, what ever happened to Rellah Booth? She was on the roster but didn't play a lick this year.

I have to say that poor Charlie Crème is only trying to guess what the committee will do by applying their logic of past years and what their criteria is for seeding and he's getting torched by our masses here as if he's trying to sway the committee. Hopefully because of all the furor on the ESPN sites, the committee may alter their logic...
She’s averaging 6.3 PPG and 3.6 RPG in 8.4 MPG. She’s pretty out of shape right now, but they can be pretty good next year with her and another center that tore her ACL.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Boothe is playing. She had played in MTSU's first exhibition game in November but reportedly didn't feel that her knee was fully ready. She made a brief cameo on Jan. 30, where she committed two fouls in one minute of play. Her first significant performance was at Rice on Feb. 11, where she played 15 minutes and scored 11 points but committed 4 fouls. (Yes, she probably leads the country in fouls per minute.)

Her appearances since the Rice game have been sporadic. In some games she didn't play at all; in others she played 4 to 6 minutes. She did have a season-high 15 points in 16 minutes of play in MTSU's double-OT win over Western Kentucky, but she also fouled out of that game.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Central Michigan's loss leaves the MAC tournament wide open. #4 Ohio turned back #5 Western Michigan, 84-75, and will next play #9 Toledo, who vanquished CMU.

In another tight first-round game, #6 Charlotte nearly blew a 19-point 4Q lead over #11 North Texas. UNT used a 20-6 run to cut the lead to 2 with 1:42 remaining, but couldn't get any closer. @triaddukefan 's 49ers win, 71-67, and advance to play #3 Western Kentucky. (When was the last time a C-USA quarterfinal had bubble implications for both teams?)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In Colonial Action..... UNC-W dusted off the C of C 69-55... Elon currently leads Hofstra 40-22 in the 3rd quarter. Planning on checking out some action tomorrow... I assume fans will still be allowed :oops:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
We’re gonna need another 4 or 5 of these bid steals to leave TN out.
So just be honest with us all here, if your meme was to turn around, there would be a bright ORANGE T-shirt with a huge white T on the front, right?
See the source image

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Northern Arizona leading Montana St. early in Q2 in a Big Sky semi. In the second game Idaho and Idaho St. will engage in another in state grudge match. Potentially the state of Idaho could end up w/ 2 tourney teams (Boise St. already in), or Arizona could have 3 (or even 4, as the WAC tourney is barely getting started and Grand Canyon is still in play).

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Everyone else is banning fans..... if the Colonial announces they are banning fans........ this will be me

snoopycry.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maybe seek media credentiaiing as a reporter for the Boneyard? They can’t say no to that.

not like they are having big crowds over there anyway. plenty of room in the arena to spread out.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
My jinx strikes again (I'm not even watching the game though). :oops: Montana St. leading Northern Arizona by 7 at halftime. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bobcats get in the dance after dominating the regular season, but I know @azfan is partial to NAU so I'm at least halfway rooting for the Lumberjacks here.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Liberty vs North Alabama in the Atlantic Sun, and Montana State vs. Northern Arizona in the Big Sky, both going right down to the wire.

Plebe

Reaction Score
So just be honest with us all here, if your meme was to turn around, there would be a bright ORANGE T-shirt with a huge white T on the front, right?
See the source image
Hey now. I'm an easy going soul, but some things are just not to be joked about :mad:

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's getting harder and harder to pay attention to actual games and scores, but I'm determined to stick it out to the bitter end.

#3 Liberty edged out #2 North Alabama in the A-Sun semifinals, 90-87 in OT. A fittingly close game, as these teams had tied for 2nd in conference. (North Alabama was the #2 seed because they handed FGCU its only loss in conference play.)

Congrats to North Alabama on a very respectable season (20-11, 11-5). On the slim chance that the WNIT still takes place, they'll receive the A-Sun's automatic bid.

Barring cancellation, Liberty will travel to FGCU for the A-Sun championship game on Sunday.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Ten conferences are scheduled to be in action on Thursday:

Semifinals: Patriot, Northeast.
Quarterfinals: Big South, Metro Atlantic, MEAC, Colonial, C-USA.
First round: Big 12, Missouri Valley, Southland.

Games of the day (assuming no cancellations):
  • C-USA quarterfinal: #4 Middle Tennessee vs. #12 Louisiana Tech (12:30p ET, ESPN+)
  • Southland 1st round: #6 Nicholls vs. #7 Incarnate Word (2:30p, ESPN+) (@LETTERL )
  • C-USA quarterfinal: #3 Western Kentucky vs. #6 Charlotte (3p, ESPN+)
  • Patriot semifinal: #6 Lehigh at #2 Boston University (6p, live stream)
  • Big 12 semifinal: #8 Oklahoma St vs. #9 Oklahoma (7p, Fox College Sports)
  • Big South quarterfinal: #3 High Point vs. #6 UNC Asheville (8p, ESPN3) (@triaddukefan )
  • Big 12 semifinal: #7 Texas Tech vs. #10 Kansas (9:30p, Fox College Sports)

1584006301948.png

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In MEAC action.... Central leads My Aggies... 26-21

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Things are moving so quickly...... found out late last night that the Colonial was restricting fans.... now a few hours ago... they announced they were cancelling the rest of the tournament. Of course... hindsight is 20/20.... but I was planning on going yesterday..... but assumed both NC schools would win.... so I said I'll just go on Thursday-Saturday. Now I wished I would have gone. UNC-W won yesterday... was scheduled to play at noon today.... they weren't a threat to do advance beyond today.... but it is a Senior heavy team.... and now those players will never put on their uniform again. Heartbreaking for the Seniors...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom