Miscellaneous Mid-Major Tournaments | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Miscellaneous Mid-Major Tournaments

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UP leading 53-51 thru Q3. This is my first time seeing the Pilots. Fr. Alex Fowler is impressive. They only have 1 Sr. and a first year head coach, they could be a team movin' on up.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Portland was up 6 but now falling apart. Zags down 1, just got fouled on a 3 point shot so should regain the lead.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
How much time left?
Gonzaga 67-66 0:35

now Portland hits FTs up 1 with 25 seconds left. Gonzaga on the ropes.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
@Plebe this could be a mid-major bid stealer theft occurring as we type!!!

AND just so you know, the right answer better be TENNESSEE is dropped! Head bang

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gonzaga up 1 w/ 8.5 sec. Portland ball.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So...if Portland wins tomorrow, their gift could be a short trip to Eugene for the first round. :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Whoa.

And some bubble team just lost their at-large bid.

Plebe

Reaction Score
@Plebe this could be a mid-major bid stealer theft occurring as we type!!!

AND just so you know, the right answer better be TENNESSEE is dropped! Head bang
We’re gonna need another 4 or 5 of these bid steals to leave TN out.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Again. UConn. Take notice. Dont let CN even sniff us for 1 Quarter.

Reaction Score
So I am partial to Portland this year with 2 of their big 3 being Aussies.

They avenged their 2 regular season losses in this tournament against both Pacific and Gonzaga.

They are 2-0 vs Pepperdine and 0-2 vs San Diego. I wonder who they want to play in the final? :D

Edited: thanks @nwhoopfan

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
We’re gonna need another 4 or 5 of these bid steals to leave TN out.
I thought we were friends? Et tu Brute?

Reaction Score
Portland wins! Wow.
Portland came into the game with a RPI of 128.

@Plebe,
Any impact to Gonzaga's projected seeding? The Zags should still host, but might they fall to a #4 seed with that loss? If so, a brutal impact and a very likely exit in the third round as a #4 in this year's tourney. Lots of incentive this year to remain at least a #3 seed given the quality of the #1 seeds.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Meanwhile in the Summit League, it's looking like a Coyote vs. Jackrabbit Final tomorrow. An all South Dakota affair between USD and SDSU...Where's @triaddukefan with the throw out the record book meme?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They are 2-0 vs Pepperdine and 0-2 vs San Diego St.

I know it gets hard to keep track. The WCC team is Univ. of San Diego. Mountain West Conference is the home of San Diego St. To make things really confusing there is also a UC-San Diego that is a D2 or D3 team.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Well if it makes you feel better someone's Bracketology has Tennessee out.

See the source image

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Meanwhile in the Summit League, it's looking like a Coyote vs. Jackrabbit Final tomorrow. An all South Dakota affair between USD and SDSU...Where's @triaddukefan with the throw out the record book meme?

Normally ya gotta throw that book out, but the 'Yotes have beaten the stuffing out of the Jacks twice this year. USD is just on another level than anyone else in the Summit. But it is March, and strange things can happen...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So I am partial to Portland this year with 2 of their big 3 being Aussies.

This was my first time watching them. I knew about Fowler by reputation. She was really impressive, and just a Fr. Andrews was big as well, and Frawley did a lot of dirty work grabbing boards and scrapping in the key.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Gonzaga-Porltand was a fairly well played game. 2nd semifinal of WCC, Pepperdine vs. USD, is TERRIBLE. Total rock fight. Neither team deserves to win. I really hope Portland can refocus and win another game tomorrow.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

i need to find a new one

Reaction Score
Gonzaga-Porltand was a fairly well played game. 2nd semifinal of WCC, Pepperdine vs. USD, is TERRIBLE. Total rock fight. Neither team deserves to win. I really hope Portland can refocus and win another game tomorrow.
Really? I think that San Diego will win tomorrow based upon what I saw today. San Diego appears to be better defensively than Portland. San Diego also beat Portland twice this season. I would be surprised if Portland can pull off another upset tomorrow. Pencil San Diego into the tourney as an auto qualifier.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Really? I think that San Diego will win tomorrow based upon what I saw today. San Diego appears to be better defensively than Portland. San Diego also beat Portland twice this season. I would be surprised if Portland can pull off another upset tomorrow. Pencil San Diego into the tourney as an auto qualifier.

Maybe. My impression of San Diego is heavily flavored by watching Washington beat them on their home floor by about 20, and it wasn't really that close. They were up by that much in the 2nd quarter and cruised the rest of the way. If the 9th place team in the Pac 12 is better than the 2nd place team from the WCC...:rolleyes:

edit--the first San Diego-Portland game was a 19 point margin, 2nd game was only 4. Also Portland lost both regular season games to Gonzaga as well.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom