Misc. games, Sun 12/30 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Misc. games, Sun 12/30

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Why is South Carolina still ranked in the AP Top 25, they haven't beat anyone that is close to being ranked. I believe that Utah should be ranked ahead of them and think they will finish behind Miss St, Kentucky, Tennessee, and maybe even Texas A&M in the SEC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I only see a few great teams this year....maybe 5...the rest are just good or average. UCONN, ND, Miss St. Louisville, Maryland maybe great...Oregon, Baylor, Stanford maybe good...the rest...any given night they can be beat by a lesser team....IMO.

I don’t know if you can say that about Maryland. They don’t play anyone to prove what they have

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why is South Carolina still ranked in the AP Top 25, they haven't beat anyone that is close to being ranked. I believe that Utah should be ranked ahead of them and think they will finish behind Miss St, Kentucky, Tennessee, and maybe even Texas A&M in the SEC.

South Carolina beat Furman 66-53 and the game was closer than the final score. MSST beat Furman by 60. SC will probably climb in the rankings.

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
They are not ranked in the coaches poll...

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
But Oregon already beat Mississippi State.
I am more or less talking about neutral court games that will be in place tournament time. Home court advantages are real.

Reaction Score
Harvard is up on Cal by 12. And central Michigan is up on Miami by 6.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
There are several teams in the top 25 that haven't beaten any other ranked teams.

Utah hasn't either, for that matter.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Outside of the Notre Dame game, I'd be a bit concerned if I was UConn. Tough games against teams like St. John's, Oklahoma and Cal is not a good sign.

Reaction Score
Outside of the Notre Dame game, I'd be a bit concerned if I was UConn. Tough games against teams like St. John's, Oklahoma and Cal is not a good sign.

At first you think the anomaly is the SJU or Okla game. But now you wonder if the ND game was.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
At first you think the anomaly is the SJU or Okla game. But now you wonder if the ND game was.

Maybe UConn is bored if they aren't playing someone really good? DePaul is ranked but I'm not that impressed with them. Outside of ND the schedule has been fairly light so far. About to get better with Baylor coming up.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Which teams have had better signs?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Maybe UConn is bored if they aren't playing someone really good? DePaul is ranked but I'm not that impressed with them. Outside of ND the schedule has been fairly light so far. About to get better with Baylor coming up.

SOS currently ranked #2 by Massey.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
SOS currently ranked #2 by Massey.

Okay. I don't know the formula used, but that seems misleading to me. They've played a handful of bad P5 teams, not many true cupcakes. Of course the ND win is great. DePaul and Cal are decent wins, but if Cal doesn't start playing better they are gonna sink fast now that conference play has started. Baylor coming up soon and Louisville and South Carolina mixed in during the conference schedule. Just doesn't look like the usual taking on all the best teams in OOC like they usually do.

Reaction Score
against Massey top 25:
UConn 2-0
ND 4-1
Bay 1-1
Stan 2-1
Ore 2-1

would like UConn to have more in early season as they wont get any in the conf sked

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Okay. I don't know the formula used, but that seems misleading to me. They've played a handful of bad P5 teams, not many true cupcakes. Of course the ND win is great. DePaul and Cal are decent wins, but if Cal doesn't start playing better they are gonna sink fast now that conference play has started. Baylor coming up soon and Louisville and South Carolina mixed in during the conference schedule. Just doesn't look like the usual taking on all the best teams in OOC like they usually do.

When all is said and done, this year's team will have played @ND, @Cal, @Baylor, @Louisville. The schedule isn't as good as last year's and not as tough as next year's (which will be brutal) but I'm not sure there's another team that will have tested itself this much on the road.

While many teams have been staying home and playing a bunch of teams ranked in the 200s-300s, this year's UConn team has hit the road to test themselves.

1600 miles to the Virgin Islands
800 miles to South Bend
360 miles to from South Bend to St Louis
1592 miles to OK
1645 miles from OK to Cal

And next they'll get on a plane and travel 1700 miles to play Baylor.

Oh, and the kids traveled to their homes from CA.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
against Massey top 25:
UConn 2-0
ND 4-1
Bay 1-1
Stan 2-1
Ore 2-1

would like UConn to have more in early season as they wont get any in the conf sked

Well yeah, that would be nice. We'll just have to be satisfied with Baylor in a few days, Louisville the end of the month and an average So Carolina team in Feb.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think Westbrook has improved over last year. She also I think is becoming a real good point guard.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'll take credit for saying in the Oregon State game that Williams has tremendous potential. See, all she needed was some confidence :cool:

well she certainly bounced back from a subpar game vs ECU on friday night. I think she had 6pts, 4 rebounds, and 5 fouls. She's maddeningly inconsistent......... she makes does some things that make you cheer and yell while watching the game on your couch... and other times Head bangHead bangHead bang

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
South Carolina beat Furman 66-53 and the game was closer than the final score. MSST beat Furman by 60. SC will probably climb in the rankings.
SC will almost certainly move up because #24 Miami lost to Central Michigan. It's also possible that #19 DePaul, after losing to Creighton, will drop enough for SC to overtake them as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom