Well, which is it...2020 or 2021?

Reaction Score
Twitter sometimes doesn't work ...
mir-mclean

Screenshot (3).png

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It's a great addition, IMO, and she's got a great smile. That said, she also has personal tragedy in her background. Hopefully, UConn will provide a loving atmosphere for her.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
For those who don't read the recruit thread, here is a recent PN piece on McLean's ascension in their rankings.

Mir McClean of Owings Mill, Maryland, moved up to No. 17 from her previous spot of No. 29. McClean stands 5-11 yet she is arguably the best rebounder in the class. Her undersized frame for the traditional power forward, yet she’s almost impossible to keep off the glass. Though their build and how they get the job done is different, McLean dominates games on the glass and impacts the game like Chantel Osahor did for Washington during their Final Four run.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Boo Williams Invitational-April 2019: Ultra-athletic prospect that cleans the glass, jumps over defenders and finishes plays with acrobatic flair in the paint; superb in the key, goes to work off missed shots and yields results; perhaps the most athletic prospect in the class of 2020. (Olson)

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
It's a great addition, IMO, and she's got a great smile. That said, she also has personal tragedy in her background. Hopefully, UConn will provide a loving atmosphere for her.

She sounds like a wonderful young lady, typical of those Geno seeks out. Great character, smart, devoted to learning, and also an exceptional basketball player.
She will be a fine team member.

PS- We need bigs! We really, really need bigs. The sky is falling. We are all doomed. DOOMED, I tell yuh!

Last edited:

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
I have been unsuccessfully looking for video on her. Can somebody post a link?

Reaction Score
Mir sounds to me like one of those recruits that Geno ranks much higher than any of the recruiting services. Another Gabby Williams? I for one can’t wait to find out.
Geno has in his brain the kind of person, player he needs as he sees them. Ranking is minor in the scheme of things. Typically the 1 to 10 have undisputed qualities and talent that deserve the number. Geno, too looks in that area. After reading of the abilities of Griffin, Aubrey a real leaper and rebounder there seems to be a trend Geno has to go along with the Megans, Danger, CW's, Paiges, Fudds, Ono's. To me the feel is he wants toughness and a nose for the ball--Napheesa among other attribute could sense the ball--i.e a ball magnet.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, in February, Mir and her Roland Park teammates ended St Francis 45 game winning streak 58-57. Mir had 20 pts & 16 rbs. St Francis Angel Reese had 16 & 18. In the MD State Championship, the two teams met again in a low scoring affair with St Francis prevailing 33-29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom