Mir McLean to UConn [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mir McLean to UConn [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, in February, Mir and her Roland Park teammates ended St Francis 45 game winning streak 58-57. Mir had 20 pts & 16 rbs. St Francis Angel Reese had 16 & 18. In the MD State Championship, the two teams met again in a low scoring affair with St Francis prevailing 33-29
Mir had 7 points and 17 rebounds in the second game. I think Reese had 8 points (in a 10-0 run to open the game) and 11 or 13 rebounds.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Blue Star analysis from January:

Mir McLean – 2020 – 5-11 – Forward – Roland Park – Still providing dynamic play…Effective around the rim…High post drive was there…Appears to be looking for more options away from the low post…Exceptional on the boards and defensively…Only next level question is what position

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Wow. Go away for a few hours and low and behold! Certainly we can use a kid with a nose for the ball and the will to go get it. Not use to verbals this time of the year, but I'll adapt. Maybe she watched Geno on a recruiting tear and said I don't want to worry about this a minute longer. Anyway, a big welcome aboard Mir!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Add my congrats to everyone in the thread. I hope she loves her time at UCONN. No better place to have a new basketball family that will be with you for the rest of your life!

I did find it interesting that she was compared to Chantel Osohor. Granted it was more about how they are "different" in how they dominate on the glass, but they couldn't be more different in their athleticism... I would think a better comparison would be Gabby Williams or Anriel Howard (who also was a tremendous rebounder and like an energizer bunny)... I'm just glad Mir's shorts will be worn properly.

I know UCONN fans will love her. Great story, attitude, energy, athleticism - welcome and congrats!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I like LOVE this kid!
fixed your post!!

She refers to herself as a "girly girl - with barrettes in her hair" etc... Jess Moore was a girly girl too!

When they asked her about MVP she was like "it was great - it wasn't just the basketball. It was bonding and everything for the team. It was so much fun I just loved it"...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just curious. Does any one know if Mir crossed paths with Paige on or off the court?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Ugly color on that uniform. Don't worry we'll fix that for you.
And the number....don't forget the number!
Mir_colors.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99