Miller Instant Starter? | The Boneyard

Miller Instant Starter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Anyone see any chance Miller doesn't start at the four from day 1.
Both Kentan & Enoch will have a shot if they outplay him in practice, and the natural talent for both is there.

But what gives Miller the edge is his experience & in-game knowhow. He should be able to make everybody around him better defensively with his communication, which is something we desperately need.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Both Kentan & Enoch will have a shot if they outplay him in practice, and the natural talent for both is there.

But what gives Miller the edge is his experience & in-game knowhow. He should be able to make everybody around him better defensively with his communication, which is something we desperately need.

It's pretty hard to see Facey outplaying someone who averaged those numbers in a league that was closer to the AAC than anyone would like to admit.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I feel confident that Miller will outperform our incumbents in practice and lay a claim to the starting role.

That being said, I think that KF and SE will show a lot of value as role players this year - improved consistency from KF and good intensity from SE.

Reaction Score
It's pretty hard to see Facey outplaying someone who averaged those numbers in a league that was closer to the AAC than anyone would like to admit.
I agree, but Facey still has tremendous upside. If his sophomore-to-junior year improvement is as large as his freshman-to-sophomore year improvement, we'll be in extremely good shape at the 4 next season.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I don't know if he's guaranteed to start. It depends on how good Kentan is. But Matrim55 is right, Kentan has great upside. I think we'll see Enoch backing up Brimah and Phil moving to a senior Tyler Olander role. I think the depth chart will look something like this...

Adams, Samuel
Purvis, Cassell
Hamilton, Omar
Miller, Facey
Brimah, Enoch, Nolan

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree, but Facey still has tremendous upside. If his sophomore-to-junior year improvement is as large as his freshman-to-sophomore year improvement, we'll be in extremely good shape at the 4 next season.

Facey showed enough flashes - it's just a matter of leaping from 8 minutes to 25.

Reaction Score
Maybe the better question is who becomes the odd man out with miller, amida, facey, enoch, and nolan. My thought is nolan will see a drastic cut in minutes at least until facey or enoch show they aren't ready to contribute

Reaction Score
I think KO is assuming Miller will start. But even he won't really know until we start playing the real games.

Nolan is a cat with nine lives. No question that he has the least upside of our 11 schollie players, but I will believe he falls out of the rotation when I see it, more likely is we see March's Phil and he is the solid backup at the 5

Last edited:
Reaction Score
110%. He looks like the PERFECT compliment on both sides of the court to Brimah. On offense I could see them passing between each other for easy hoops and on defense Miller looks like he can gobble the weak side boards Brimah leaves open when he goes for blocks. Also looks like he could be a great role model for Facey as someone to build his game after. I'm so happy right now.

Reaction Score
what were his averages against Cornell's stiffer competition?

Reaction Score
Not only does Miller start, but by doing so he immediately makes Facey more effective by playing with the second unit. Facey got lost last year and I really believe we will be surprised with his production coming off the bench. Miller also will take an enormous amount of pressure off of Enoch and the need for him to produce from day 1. Today was a big get.

Reaction Score
what were his averages against Cornell's stiffer competition?
These were his stats against the KenPom top 100 teams Cornell played this year:
CC6CRxrUsAAZaKR.png:large

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think Miller has nothing but open field between him and a spot in the starting lineup.

We'll get good mileage out of a front court with Amida, Shonn, Kentan, Steven and DHam. I hate to pick on one player so frequently, but we needed significant minutes last year from a player who was a statistical train wreck. Now, with Miller and Enoch coming in, we upgrade over Nolan and Lubin in a big bad way. And Nolan will fit in perfectly in that Donnell Beverly role of team godfather.

Much more comfortable with our front court prospects than I was six hours ago.

Reaction Score
I think he will compete for a starting spot. See u in the Bahamas Shonn!

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Made his FT
Miller was probably the go to man for Cornell and defenses were geared to stop him.
On UConn, he may be the fifth option. Adams, Purvis, DHam, Brimah for the dunk and then
Miller. But I can't remember the last time we had a a legit finisher around the hoop. Donyell?

Reaction Score
Miller was probably the go to man for Cornell and defenses were geared to stop him.
On UConn,the may be the fifth option. Adams, Purvis, DHam, Brimah for the dunk and then
Miller. But I can't remember the last time we had a a legit finisher around the hoop. Donyell?

Emeka Adrien even Boone were all finishers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky