Miler & Gibbs....whoa | The Boneyard

Miler & Gibbs....whoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That was the best opener I can remember. The team just gelled. Miller looked like an NBA prospect and Gibbs was cool, calm, and collective. The entire team was looking great. But our transfers may just be the difference between a great season and #5.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Really impressed with these two. I'm a fan of the small lineup with Miller at the 5 and Hamilton at the 4. Something tells me that lineup will do damage this postseason.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The big three of Hamilton, Gibbs, and Miller has serious potential and will be overlooked. All three have a composure out there, comes with the territory of being as gifted as Hamilton, and the experience the 5th years have. Plus supporting players like Brimah, purvis, Adams, and facey are nothing to laugh at.

Reaction Score
I knew Miller would be good but holy hell. He looks like he's shot out of a cannon, his body looks like an NBA body cut with long arse arms, great hands, rebounding etc. kid is a stud. Anyone who watched Seton Hall knows Gibbs is a great scorer/shooter but his floor game was impressive. Throw Adams and Enoch into the mix and I seriously doubt I would want any other group of newcomers more. It's Maine but I loved what I saw.

Reaction Score
Awesome team work! Who do you guard? This is going to be a great season of UCONN basketball, post season will be icing.

Reaction Score
This will be the caveat when we take #5. I can see coach K crying about grad transfers now. While he turns over a #1 recruiting class.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This team is the most talented we've had 1-5 since 2009.

No doubt about it. The two things I worry about (because I'm a New Englander...worrying comes naturally): 1) health and 2) remaining interested in our conference schedule. If those two things remain positive, we have a serious shot at #5.

Reaction Score
Say goodbye to Hamilton after this season. Obviously he worked hard on his ball handling over the past year.
Damn this team is quick.

Reaction Score
Those are big shoes to fill. Let's watch this team against some higher level competition before throwing the gauntlet down.
Season started tonight so too early for bold predictions but this team clearly has more offensive options and versatility than '09.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Season started tonight so too early for bold predictions but this team clearly has more offensive options and versatility than '09.

Probably fair to say more versatility , but I'm gonna wait on the other stuff. That '09 team was easily at least the 2nd best team in the country if Dyson stays healthy, so I'm a bit apprehensive to say this team is on that level. But to be honest, I think this team has the talent to get there by season's end.

Reaction Score
Those are big shoes to fill. Let's watch this team against some higher level competition before throwing the gauntlet down.
Seriously. That 09 team went on the road against top 5 (and eventual overall #1 seed) Louisville and beat them by 17 without hitting a single 3. This team just beat a team that went 3-27 last year. Pump the brakes people.

Reaction Score
I knew Gibbs could score and I expected nothing different here. But, Miller............my god. There is literally nothing to not like about his game. We have been able to witness incredible talent at UConn, but I walked away impressed with Miller as anyone I can remember. The game comes natural to him, he plays within himself, and that follow up dunk reeked of athleticism. Who the hell does he remind you of? #veryimpressed

Reaction Score
Seriously. That 09 team went on the road against top 5 (and eventual overall #1 seed) Louisville and beat them by 17 without hitting a single 3. This team just beat a team that went 3-27 last year. Pump the brakes people.
That team was great because they played together a long time and were beastly down low with Hasheem, Jeff and Stanley but they simply didn't have as many offensive players who could handle, pass and score as this group. Of course it's too early to say we will be as good as them just pointing out how the two teams are comprised of different type players and from looking at this roster I think they can be more versatile offensively than 09.

Reaction Score
I knew Gibbs could score and I expected nothing different here. But, Miller..my god. There is literally nothing to not like about his game. We have been able to witness incredible talent at UConn, but I walked away impressed with Miller as anyone I can remember. The game comes natural to him, he plays within himself, and that follow up dunk reeked of athleticism. Who the hell does he remind you of? #veryimpressed
Can't remember us having that type of player, as pointed out by a previous poster I've seen other teams with that type of player and it makes me jealous but we never seem to have that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom