Mike Rice is gonna have a bad Sunday | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Mike Rice is gonna have a bad Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sportscenter had a thing tonight saying OTL confirmed that Pernetti's job is safe. For now.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
If we wanted them, we would have offered long before they committed to rutgers, that's one program that absolute cannot compete against uconn for basketball recruits, even in their own state, if it's uconn or rutgers, it's uconn.

Good points. Yeah , I forgot it was "Rutgers".

Reaction Score
Sportscenter had a thing tonight saying OTL confirmed that Pernetti's job is safe. For now.

Permetti said TD same about Rice yesterday. "For now" is the operative word:

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2013/04/mike_rice_scandal_leaves_unans.html#incart_river

"Sweeney and Oliver, both Democrats, took the issue further.

"The very fact that Rutgers would subject these kids to this kind of behavior after the fact calls into question, yet again, what goes on in the athletic department over there," Sweeney said. "The athletic director has many questions to answer and one has to wonder whether he should pick the new coach."

Oliver said Rutgers owed an explanation of what happened. "Rutgers has done the right thing by firing Mr. Rice, but that still doesn't resolve questions about how he was allowed to continue overseeing college students after this behavior first came to the attention of Rutgers administration last year," Oliver (D-Essex) said in a statement. "I'm puzzled as to how anyone could think Mr. Rice was someone who should be representing our state university on a national level."

"I expect a full and detailed explanation from the Rutgers administration as to why Mr. Rice was not dismissed sooner and how exactly that decision was made. If answers aren't forthcoming, we are prepared to do what's needed to get them for the people of New Jersey."

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
told ya
Yup. I couldn't have been more wrong. I still can't believe they dropped the guillotine on Pernetti. He went from the best AD in Rutgers history to an ex-employee in the blink of an eye. Im shocked he didn't hang on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom