Mike DiMauro's article sums up many on Boneyard | The Boneyard

Mike DiMauro's article sums up many on Boneyard

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
It's nice that UConn has heart ... but it's nicer to have players

"
And this whole "we're young" narrative? Why are they young? In part because some players left. Why did they leave? What responsibility for their departures does Ollie bear?

This is sad. UConn basketball is becoming the Yankees in the late 60s after The Mick retired. Fans pining for the old days, quick to point to the banners, because it's a whole lot more palatable than addressing the present.

This is the present: Notable UConn fan "Big Red" actually did his "U-C-O-N-N UConn! UConn! UConn!" cheer after Villanova coach Jay Wright called a timeout Saturday ... with the Huskies down 18.

This is the present: XL Center security confiscated a sign from a UConn fan at Saturday's game that read, "Fire Ollie."

The Huskies have become a moribund mid major mired in mediocrity. Except this is still UConn. With a history to be revered.

"It's really nice to be back here, just great basketball passion in this state and this arena," Wright said. "For me, it brings back great memories and great battles with UConn. Pretty cool."

Those were the days.
"

Reaction Score
Which is worse in terms of delivering a strong message to the powers that be, a packed house booing another awful performance, or another crowd of 3,200 watching us play Tulsa? If the administration is not taking notice now, they should all be fired for malfeasance.

Reaction Score
Two things:
1. Wish the XL Center staff allowed the “Fire Ollie” sign in.
2. Anyone that didn’t get off the Titanic, died with the sinking ship. KO, probably that’s not the best analogy to use since everyone watching this program believe you rammed this ship right into the iceberg.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="Marat, post: 2536198, member: 1069

The Huskies have become a moribund mid major mired in mediocrity.
"[/QUOTE]

Impressed if you came up with this on the fly. Nice alliteration chops!

Reaction Score
He basically summarized what we have all been babbling about for the last 2+ years. You can’t win without players, or shooters. Yesterday was a clinic in that. Reverse coaches and Jay Wright couldn’t win.

Reaction Score
I think Jay Wright's UConn team gets closer than 20 points to Jay Wright's Villanova team - and if they're coached by Ollie, much closer...

He basically summarized what we have all been babbling about for the last 2+ years. You can’t win without players, or shooters. Yesterday was a clinic in that. Reverse coaches and Jay Wright couldn’t win.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
If what it takes to move on from KO is the administration seeing the XL filled with Fire Ollie signs I'll personally stand outside the entrance and hand them out to people walking in
I'll join you bro

Reaction Score
No I just choose to go through life without blindfolds, and call a spade a spade.

That sign is totally warranted

Wow, says a lot. It's not warranted whether it's Dom Perno, Bob Diaco, Kevin Ollie or anyone. It's really a pathetic choice of "voicing" your opinion. I guess people just never grow up.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
I don't respect idiots, pretty simple.
You don't have to respect it, you don't even have to like it.... Still doesn't make it untrue.

He has an opinion on the the current direction of the program, and chose to voice his opinion.

He should be commended, you don't have to be a fan of Ollie, to be a fan of UConn.

Reaction Score
You don't have to respect it, you don't even have to like it.... Still doesn't make it untrue.

He has an opinion on the the current direction of the program, and chose to voice his opinion.

He should be commended, you don't have to be a fan of Ollie, to be a fan of UConn.

Yeah you're right, that's a mature way of expressing one's opinion, a sign of disrespect. Perfect! :rolleyes:

I'm done you're clueless.

sammydabiz

Reaction Score
Yeah you're right, that's a mature way of expressing one's opinion, a sign of disrespect. Perfect! :rolleyes:

I'm done you're clueless.
Yup resort to name calling when you don't have ledge to stand on, that's what you're best at Mau.... Some people never grow up unfortunately:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Yup resort to name calling when you don't have ledge to stand on, that's what you're best at Mau.... Some people never grow up unfortunately:rolleyes:

Clueless is name calling? LOL, sorry to hurt your feelings. Keep bringing in those signs that's a real mans way to present one's opinion. ;)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Wow, says a lot. It's not warranted whether it's Dom Perno, Bob Diaco, Kevin Ollie or anyone. It's really a pathetic choice of "voicing" your opinion. I guess people just never grow up.

Why though? People carry signs protesting presidents suggesting they be impeached. We're not calling for the head of a machinist making ends meet for his family in the private sector; he's the state's highest paid employee. Saying "Fire Ollie" is civil discourse. That isn't calling him names or being threatening, it's stating an opinion pretty respectfully, and in a strategic way that generates publicity. Saying he should be fired says nothing about what anyone thinks of him as a person

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom