Mike Crispino To Be New Radio Voice For UConn Football, Men's Basketball | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Mike Crispino To Be New Radio Voice For UConn Football, Men's Basketball

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
I’m willing to give Crispino a chance and see what he has to offer UConn Football. But so far I’m really not impressed. The guy hasn’t even updated his Twitter profile to say he’s the PxP “voice” of UConn Athletics. He’s got more NY Knicks content on his profile than the NY Daily News. And hardly anything at all about UConn Football, even a re-tweet?!? Come on... Maybe I’m sour still about the Joe D. situation because I loved the way he called games, and have grown up with his voice being associated w/ Huskies sports, and I think the entire thing is completely beyond belief. But, in my opinion this doesn’t really show us fans a great start like the guy even gives a crap about us, our football program, or being the voice of the UConn Huskies. Was he even at UConn or AAC Media Days? Has he been around the Burton? I’m asking because I honesty don’t know, but I’m hoping he’s been around this team and coaches at this point with under 20 days til kickoff. I’m hoping he learns our history, sits with Coach Edsall and sees the potential of where we’re headed, and who these kids are - because he’s now got the mic and he’s got some big, big shoes to fill. Even on The Rob Dibble Show on ESPN Hartford 97.5 and on their podcast the guy has been completely absent. It’s all been Bob Joyce, which is fine - Bob’s great and it’s nice having his familiar voice talking Husky football. But wouldn’t you think IMG/ESPN Hartford would have used these opportunities in the summer here to introduce Crispino’s voice to the fan base?? It just feels to me like this guy doesn’t take the role he’s been given seriously, as if this is just a ‘gig’ he’s doing this fall to pay the bills because his contract to cover the Knicks didn’t get picked back up. Like we’re minor league, like we’re worthless. I’m def still sour about this radio deal, and maybe I’m reading way too much into this, but honestly am I being unfair here given what we’ve seen thus far from this guy?

Reaction Score
I’m willing to give Crispino a chance and see what he has to offer UConn Football. But so far I’m really not impressed. The guy hasn’t even updated his Twitter profile to say he’s the PxP “voice” of UConn Athletics. He’s got more NY Knicks content on his profile than the NY Daily News. And hardly anything at all about UConn Football, even a re-tweet?!? Come on... Maybe I’m sour still about the Joe D. situation because I loved the way he called games, and have grown up with his voice being associated w/ Huskies sports, and I think the entire thing is completely beyond belief. But, in my opinion this doesn’t really show us fans a great start like the guy even gives a crap about us, our football program, or being the voice of the UConn Huskies. Was he even at UConn or AAC Media Days? Has he been around the Burton? I’m asking because I honesty don’t know, but I’m hoping he’s been around this team and coaches at this point with under 20 days til kickoff. I’m hoping he learns our history, sits with Coach Edsall and sees the potential of where we’re headed, and who these kids are - because he’s now got the mic and he’s got some big, big shoes to fill. Even on The Rob Dibble Show on ESPN Hartford 97.5 and on their podcast the guy has been completely absent. It’s all been Bob Joyce, which is fine - Bob’s great and it’s nice having his familiar voice talking Husky football. But wouldn’t you think IMG/ESPN Hartford would have used these opportunities in the summer here to introduce Crispino’s voice to the fan base?? It just feels to me like this guy doesn’t take the role he’s been given seriously, as if this is just a ‘gig’ he’s doing this fall to pay the bills because his contract to cover the Knicks didn’t get picked back up. Like we’re minor league, like we’re worthless. I’m def still sour about this radio deal, and maybe I’m reading way too much into this, but honestly am I being unfair here given what we’ve seen thus far from this guy?
Speak for yourself on missing Joe D...Crispino did a spot with Dibbs...it's in his podcast library. As for your comment about the Knicks and NY Daily News...since they laid off everyone at that paper the USA Today has more Knick coverage than that POS paper.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

...or maybe his IMG contract has barely started, not to mention the one he was on with MSG ending? This isn't your run-of-the-mill job transition. Calm down, man.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
...or maybe his IMG contract has barely started, not to mention the one he was on with MSG ending? This isn't your run-of-the-mill job transition. Calm down, man.
...and hit the "Enter" button every so often.:D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom