Mike Anthony piece on Alterique | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony piece on Alterique

Reaction Score
Dan went off back in November about Alterique and the people who were going after him. Some may still think his comments weren’t appropriate, but I’m glad this came out to at least give everyone some context. The article touches on it a little without going too in depth or giving all the details, but Dan is a very good and relatable coach for Alterique to have had. I’m glad, for both of them, that their basketball paths crossed and they got to know each other.
DH was probably the perfect coach for AG to have at this point in his life. Kudos to both of them for their fortitude!

Reaction Score
Forgot that this damned disease kept him out of his first post season game!!!!!!

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
2720bab6646e29da209429bb57ac1225--cover-art-social-work.jpg

Musical version by the author's daughter.

Reaction Score
It’s got to be so hard not to get obsessed with reading every social media post, especially when you’re obsessing over your own struggles every single day. I mean the lack of sleep, lack of food, anxiety and injuries. To battle all that, and still do as well as he did shows what kind of a Warrior this man really is. In case you do read this Rique, I hope you know that UConn Nation loves and appreciates - you no matter what you decide is best for you next year.

C

Chief00

Now you know why Chief had his back. I really like his play lately and he’s gotten some good minutes.
From a basketball perspective Chief’s recommendation is to work on his foul shooting and three ball from the top of the key area.
Sometimes the casual fan doesn’t realize Gilbert didn’t really play PG in HS, so this was new to him and injuries did not help.
What he needs to do is keep the game simple and take what the defense gives and that is easier when you involve your teammates. If you think pass first, you very seldom get into low % bailout passes or end of shot clock prayer shots. I really think he put it together the last few games. Shame the season is ending prematurely.

On defense keep playing that lock up on the ball defense. Pick up early.

Best of luck - Chief @ #24/7Grind

C

Chief00

You said “brooms out” when he missed that game for personal reasons, who are you kidding?
That 1/26 comment was in the context of posters wondering if certain eligible players would be back next year and how many open spring ships we would have. I would love to have Al back next year and I have posted that several times.

056893AB-3E28-4AAE-A341-EF944FDB0FB0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score
Does anyone know if he will come back?

I was at the Memphis game in Storrs and I was so mad at this guy for booing him when he missed one shot. The gentlemen had some nasty things to say, just stupid. I told my kid everything AG went through and she was like why would people boo him don't they understand!?!? The guy heard us talking and quickly stopped and then rooted for him later in the game.
People get caught up in the hype I guess :(

Beginning of the season I thought he would have his break out year and go pro....... its gonna happen AG I was just one year off :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm ashamed for any negative posts about AG I may have written. I think I limited criticism to on court play but knowing now what this kid has gone through I'm pretty disgusted with myself. I hope AG gives us a chance to show him the love he deserves from all of us.

Right there with you. I have reached out to apologize and I hope he accepts it. For me it was about the play but I never once thought he was going through so much......Im a punk and with you I want him back so I can try my best to show him the love. Regardless of where he goes I will be in his corner.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom