Mike Anthony On The Diaco Flameout | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony On The Diaco Flameout

Reaction Score
Please... Enough is enough. The article is good and informative but the constant bringing up of Diaco by the BY members is well tiring. He is gone. We have a future. His picture attached to so many postings is overkill. Let it go. Please move on.

Reaction Score
Please... Enough is enough. The article is good and informative but the constant bringing up of Diaco by the BY members is well tiring. He is gone. We have a future. His picture attached to so many postings is overkill. Let it go. Please move on.
And don't forget how much it cost to get rid of the great DiBacle. I'm sure that money could have been used more wisely somewhere else.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ironically, that would have been just fine here if his offensive philosophy was a bit different. The same 11-26 record would have been embraced by a lot of posters here if we were losing while scoring 30+ points per game.

Most of Edsall's detractors downplay the results, because of his image.

I disagree. Maybe if he had more credibility he could have survived this dissapointing season, but he was already on thin ice last season because neither the fans or players bought in.

Making a bowl game and the Houston win are the only highlights. It's become clear that he didn't respect this program or the people around it.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Are we supposed to not talk about someone who coached here and pretend like he didn't exist?

Yah I get that it's not healthy to dwell on the past but a vast majority of threads and posts are forward looking at this point. Occasional mentions of Diaco are easy to skip over, especially in a thread labeled clearly about Diaco.

Reaction Score

Oh get over yourself. He was the freaking head coach here. We can talk about him all we want

Reaction Score
Oh get over yourself. He was the freaking head coach here. We can talk about him all we want

He's not wrong when that's all some people post - whether it fits into a thread discussion or not... it does get old.

Reaction Score
He's not wrong when that's all some people post - whether it fits into a thread discussion or not... it does get old.
Rehashing things we already know gets old but this was new information. I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want to know what was going on behind the scenes.

Reaction Score
Rehashing things we already know gets old but this was new information. I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't want to know what was going on behind the scenes.

Agree - I'm not referring to the OP article (heck - I started it) I'm referring to non- Diaco related threads that get derailed.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Its a UConn Football message board. The prior coach was filled with bravado and arrogance and left the place worse then when he took over all while tricking our prior AD into a contract extension. So, of course some of us fans will hold on to these events longer and wish to have fun throwing more stones now that he is gone. I don't think we are at all even closing to exhausting this forum with anti-Diaco messages. I'd say we are running at 30% of sane capacity and only in the 4th inning of the anti-Diaco post mortem. Anti Diaco posts will crop up from time to time until the end of next year when our first year of Edsall 2.0 and 'Coat of Paint' Diaco in Nebraska concludes. I find it fun and not at all a bore. Levity.

Reaction Score
If you want to read the UNL reactions to his hiring you can do so here: Bob Diaco - New Defensive Coordinator - Husker Football

yes, I am seaofred92. Tried to warn them but they're all in on him and his wacky interviews :(

gorp512 - "I totally get how UConn fans hold him accountable, but did he hang those asinine "6th Borough"billboards in New York? Philly is closer to NYC than Storrs. That was dumber than any meaningless trophy "

Tell this moron to buy a ticket to the next UConn game in MSG. Or give him these links... thanks to @tcf15

UConn: "I Am New York"

"Philly", he's clueless. Nova/Temple send a fraction of the fans to MSG that UConn sends.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just want to take a moment to acknowledge that The Hartford Courant has quite possibly the worst website on the Internet.
It's tied with other newspapers with the same owner. The Chicago Trib and Baltimore Sun use the same template.

Reaction Score
Please note it is not the article by Anthony I was referring to. I plan to read the part two. It is the opening up of a subject and seeing Diaco pic with the team running on to the field or the BY members with Diaco as their pic. All I'm saying is he is a coach at Nebraska. Let them talk and display him. We have a new coach(recycled) let's look to the future

Reaction Score
Says Diaco lost the team after the Navy game and coached the kids on what to say to the media.

The players were under a lot of pressure re: their answers to the media. Diaco really did NOT like the media.

Of course he lost the team at the Navy game. No way a team can have faith in you after you crap your pants like that.

Reaction Score
I disagree with that bigly. I think Diaco had lost the fan base by the end of the season too. It wasn't just the offense. It was the awful record the head scratching decisions, the nonsensical comments. And the losing. There were many who wanted to give him 1 more year and a number who figured we were more or less stuck for another year but few who thought that 3-8 was acceptable.

Big league*

Reaction Score
Diaco flamed out in game one against BYU. He taught his team everything they needed to know when he didn't play to win.

No game plan. Best players on the sidelines on third downs. His stated goal was to play a lot of players. Then after the game when he said, "BYU was out partner in getting better" you knew he had lost his mind.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Diaco flamed out in game one against BYU. He taught his team everything they needed to know when he didn't play to win.

No game plan. Best players on the sidelines on third downs. His stated goal was to play a lot of players. Then after the game when he said, "BYU was out partner in getting better" you knew he had lost his mind.

Well - there was this now infamous press conf in August of season 1.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom