Mike Anthony On The Diaco Flameout | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Mike Anthony On The Diaco Flameout

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Says Diaco lost the team after the Navy game and coached the kids on what to say to the media.

The players were under a lot of pressure re: their answers to the media. Diaco really did NOT like the media.
That's when Diaco lost me, at the Navy game. I lost all hope based on the way that game ended.

Reaction Score
That's when Diaco lost me, at the Navy game. I lost all hope based on the way that game ended.
Same here, that last series was so mismanaged, any Pop Warner coach would have handled it better.

Reaction Score
Same here, that last series was so mismanaged, any Pop Warner coach would have handled it better.
Make it 3 of us. Though I never bought in, because I don't believe in trying to run the clock out from the opening kick off, I jumped out of my seat double flipped him the bird like nobody's business.

Garbage ass coaching and then telling the media that was what the kids wanted to run was cowardly.

Reaction Score
The Navy game was blown but that happens sometimes. Heck Virginia did the same thing the next week when they tried to get too cute and they have a competent coach. It was the way Diaco handled it saying the players wanted to run, he did something similar after the Missouri loss the year b fore. Same line withWilliams playing. He had no concept of responsibility.

One last thing that bothers me. I get the fake field goal as a play but why would you run a fake fake field goal? What is the benefit?

Reaction Score
The Navy game was blown but that happens sometimes. Heck Virginia did the same thing the next week when they tried to get too cute and they have a competent coach. It was the way Diaco handled it saying the players wanted to run, he did something similar after the Missouri loss the year b fore. Same line withWilliams playing. He had no concept of responsibility.

One last thing that bothers me. I get the fake field goal as a play but why would you run a fake fake field goal? What is the benefit?
Yes! He will forever be known as the innovative genius behind the fake, fake field goal! No other coach was big and bold enough to add that to their playbook.
In all seriousness, that was the last straw for me too. Putting your players in a position that increases the likelihood of failure is NOT what coaching is about. Felt really bad for the kicker.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Says Diaco lost the team after the Navy game
My friends and I went to that game in Annapolis. That was our last straw. Spent the next few hours downtown drinking, eating and bitching and moaning. Utter shock at what just went down.

Reaction Score
Navy game was what did it for me too. That showed me the guy is just clueless. I started calling him the idiot that we need to replace on this forum, and some guys here were giving me a hard time saying I was being negative.

All I got to say is thank god he is gone. I am really looking forward to what the new staff can do going forward. I hope we can keep our coordinators if we have a successful year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom