Mikayla Coombs to Transfer | The Boneyard

Mikayla Coombs to Transfer

Reaction Score
424204E7-B2F2-4C0A-B76B-8C4115C4E34F.png

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Not surprised. She really struggled offensively which is what kept her on the bench. I had hoped she could be a Lorin Dixon type contributor but it was not to be. Seems like a great kid. Best wishes. Maybe Ga Tech would be a good landing spot. Close to home and Nell needs players.

Reaction Score
Now our roster goes to 8. Wow season is looking good for next year. Maybe Westbrook is coming.. with already a depleted bench Coombs would have been playing a lot of minutes and maybe even be a starter.. so why all of a sudden riding the bench for 2 years and now finally having having her chance to play significant Minutes and maybe start she decides to transfer. My guess Geno sat down with her and told her the plan for next season. My guess we have comittments coming for next season. If that’s not the case this is a huge blow. If camara can’t go that brings our roster to 7 people with molly and Irwin the only 2 coming of the bench. No way u can run a team on 8 players not even enough bodies to run a full practice. Huge blow!

Reaction Score
Well, that sucks. Maybe not a starter but hard to believe she wouldn't have significant minutes next year.
Not if either Makurat or Westbrook commits to Uconn. Don't know if this entered in her decision. Best of luck to Mikayla. I'm sure she'll find a school where she'll have ample playing time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not too surprising as I guess she could see the writing on the wall that her playing time will not increase significantly with some transfer this season and next season with PB and Nika.
It's a shame as she is athletic and real good defensive player but unfortunately didn't show the ability to shoot from outside.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to hearing announcement(s). If this is the reason for her leaving, I would assume at least one guard coming in.

I was assuming they would look for a grad transfer after Coombs decided to leave.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I wish her the best of luck. If she sits out a year, she should make a concerted effort to revamp her shot during that period. Her defense is already good enough for top level Division One basketball.

From a class of four to a class of one. Followed by a class of two and another class of one. We are in need of some positive news on the transfer front.

I wish that she had earned Geno`s trust to the point where he would have played her
1. on Asia Durr for a brief stretch or two in the second half of the Elite Eight, and
2. for a few minutes in the fourth quarter against ND, guarding either Mabry or Ogunbowale.

Reaction Score
Maybe Evina Westbrook is committing to UCONN! That’s probably why M. Coombs is transferring (just a guess).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom