OT: - Mikal Bridges Traded to the Knicks | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Mikal Bridges Traded to the Knicks

Reaction Score
Trade Randle and Robinson and recoup assets/free up money. Move up and draft Clingan.
I'd love that. Think it's more likely they let Hartenstein walk now and draft someone like Kel'el Ware at 25 to pair with Robinson

Reaction Score
That's one less trade for the Rockets at 3. Could see Clingan slip to 7 if Risacher goes 1 and then the rest of the teams don't want a center. Unless Grizz move up from 9.

Reaction Score
That's one less trade for the Rockets at 3. Could see Clingan slip to 7 if Risacher goes 1 and then the rest of the teams don't want a center. Unless Grizz move up from 9.
Bulls and Knicks are both going to need a center, I'm sure there's other teams out there who may want to move up too.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s not looking likely but the Knicks should find a way to keep Zay and Mitch.

Not sure if trading Randle helps that but if it does, 100% do it.

Reaction Score
Bulls and Knicks are both going to need a center, I'm sure there's other teams our there who may want to move up too.
Yeah I've heard Bulls move up chatter too. OKC as well.

Reaction Score
I could see Memphis moving up from 9. Detroit has been linked to Matas a bit, and they might be able to still grab him at 9.

Reaction Score
Yeah I've heard Bulls move up chatter too. OKC as well.
Bulls make so much sense, they've been the weakest team defensively around the rim for several years now.

There's a good chance Knicks won't pay what other teams are offering for Hartenstein and there's rumors they've been discussing trading Robinson to the Wizards. One of those centers won't be back.

Reaction Score
The Villanova Knicks will be very successful. Imagine an NBA team down the lines picks up Newton, Hawkins, Castle, Clingan? lol

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Going from the second best team in the East to the second best team in the East isn’t moving me. Giving up 5 first round picks and losing big Hart most likely in free agency is a lot of assets and your starting center. They’re banking on Randle and Robinson holding down the 5, assuming OG resigns.

But I’m a biased Nets fan so.

Reaction Score
Going from the second best team in the East to the second best team in the East isn’t moving me. Giving up 5 first round picks and losing big Hart most likely in free agency is a lot of assets and your starting center. They’re banking on Randle and Robinson holding down the 5, assuming OG resigns.

Yea you’re bugging.

Reaction Score
I love this deal! Bogdan was great for us but c'mon.. I never thought the Nets would budge on this, but it seems that getting them the Houston pick back was the deal breaker. Now they can chase Cooper Flagg or the Rutgers boys next summer.

What's next tho? Trade Mitch? Trade Randle? Use the 2 first round picks and move up and take Castle?

Reaction Score
The Villanova Knicks will be very successful. Imagine an NBA team down the lines picks up Newton, Hawkins, Castle, Clingan? lol

I think a scenario like this is what’s gonna get Hurley to finally jump.

Reaction Score
I was a Knicks fan as a kid but haven’t really watched much NBA in the last 20 years or so.

That being said, I really like this current Knicks team and adding Bridges will make them even more enjoyable. Hats off the Brunson as he’s been the catalyst for this new wave.

Reaction Score

I didn't know there were Nets fans...

Reaction Score
As a Knicks fan I love this move - is it a lot of picks for Bridges? Of course - but the chemistry this team will have will be off the charts. Also he fits this team like a glove. Assuming they re-sign OG they have the length, defenders, etc to give Boston a serious threat. I’d still give the nod to Boston of course (how can you not), but a starting line up of Brunson/Bridges/OG/Randle and either Robinson/Hartenstein (one will be gone), with Hart/Donte/Duece/backup C is insane with all pieces that fit, want to be here together, etc.

As for the picks - Knicks still have 5 first round picks in next 3 drafts (including two tonight), and the picks they traded should be very late round 1sts. You’re not talking top 5 or even 10 here most likely.

It’s going to be an interesting few days - extremely happy, but the key is keeping OG. I also don’t think they trade Randall which is why I listed him as a starter above (wouldn’t be opposed though).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom