OT: - Mikal Bridges Traded to the Knicks | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Mikal Bridges Traded to the Knicks

Reaction Score
$42.5Ms, yeesh. Lets see how his body holds up now, dude gotta bad track record but if healthy OG and Bridges defensively on the wings is as good as it gets

caw

Reaction Score
I don’t think so. 1) he has said too often that he no longer has the needed drive; 2) maybe he could have had the job a year or two ago, but Thibs has earned the role for next year.

Sorry not clear on internet, was mostly written tongue in cheek.

Reaction Score
I've really liked what the Knicks have done so far in the last 24 hours.

Acquiring Bridges solidifies their two-year title window for now and while giving up all the first round picks seems like a lot, they then flip the 24th pick for five second round picks between the 2025, 2026 and 2027 seasons.

We'll see how they add for depth spots w/ their two second round picks tonight.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
“Better” is a strange way to look at it for me.

They are absolutely designed to neutralize them.

Boston is a bit of a paper tiger to me. They beat for the most part a Mitch-less cavs, Jimmy-less heat, and for the most part a Halliburton-less pacers. Extremely lucky. They handled their business against Dallas so they deserve to be respected.
However I don’t believe they are this juggernaut. I think healthy the Knicks would’ve took them to 6-7 games this season.

But just for the fun of it:

Brunson - Holiday
Bridges - White
OG - Brown
Randle - Tatum
Robinson - Porzingis
Divencenzo - pritchard
Hart - Horford
McBride - Hauser
Achiuwa- ?
Didn't see this response since the thread got moved.

I think my original point still stands. 5 first round picks for a guy who still doesn't elevate you above the Celtics is a massive overpay imo. I'd only give up those assets for a top 20 guy.

Also for the sake of comparison, in order of 'best players.'

Tatum>Brunson
Brown>OG
Jrue=Bridges
White>Randle (In the role of the 4th man/connective piece/defensive role player. I understand Randle is the better scorer in a vacuum, but games aren't played in a vacuum)
Porzingis(healthy)>Hart or Robinson
Knicks bench>Celtics bench

The most favorable thing I can say is at least yall will be challenging the East for the next 3-5 years with this group. Maybe Boston has a bad injury one year and yall can beat whoever comes out of the west.

Also glad Dan won't be taking this job in that 3-5 year window.

Reaction Score
Didn't see this response since the thread got moved.

I think my original point still stands. 5 first round picks for a guy who still doesn't elevate you above the Celtics is a massive overpay imo. I'd only give up those assets for a top 20 guy.

Also for the sake of comparison, in order of 'best players.'

Tatum>Brunson
Brown>OG
Jrue=Bridges
White>Randle (In the role of the 4th man/connective piece/defensive role player. I understand Randle is the better scorer in a vacuum, but games aren't played in a vacuum)
Porzingis(healthy)>Hart or Robinson
Knicks bench>Celtics bench

The most favorable thing I can say is at least yall will be challenging the East for the next 3-5 years with this group. Maybe Boston has a bad injury one year and yall can beat whoever comes out of the west.

Also glad Dan won't be taking this job in that 3-5 year window.
Only spot I really disagree on is Jalen Brunson was clearly better than Tatum this season and post season. Doesn’t mean it’ll continue. But he was.

Reaction Score
A lot of NJ Nets fans still follow the team (a buddy of mine living in Westchester has a ticket package) and a lot of people in Brooklyn who weren't big Knicks fans have adopted them. I see more Nets merch in Brooklyn than I see Knicks merch, honestly. (I repeat: in Brooklyn.) It was pretty electric when they got KG & Pierce (and later when they got KD and Kyrie).

Attendance hasn't been bad, although tickets numbers are always unreliable:

Selfishly, I'm an 8-minute walk away from Barclays, so I'd like them to be competitive. When my kids are older, I'd like to go more frequently.

And I get that you're just roasting the Nets but they won 2 ABA titles after your team last won an NBA title.
Hey man, I'm just excited after 25 years. Give me a break please! :)

Reaction Score
Ridiculously unselfish move by Brunson, and sets him up for $400M+ on his next contract which is wild

Reaction Score
Only spot I really disagree on is Jalen Brunson was clearly better than Tatum this season and post season. Doesn’t mean it’ll continue. But he was.
Clearly better post season absolutely agree. Regular season no, not clearly call that a draw.

Reaction Score
Clearly better post season absolutely agree. Regular season no, not clearly call that a draw.
That’s fair. He did finish higher than Tatum in MVP voting. And put up better numbers

Reaction Score

Hopefully doesn't mean Deuce is being traded for a backup C, but that's my guess on a next move

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'll come around on it, but I don't think I like it
I have a few super hardcore Knicks fan friends. They’re torn. I think this is a great trade for the fit. But that’s my opinion. I didn’t think Julius would work with this current team and I think Kat is a great fit.

Reaction Score
I have a few super hardcore Knicks fan friends. They’re torn. I think this is a great trade for the fit. But that’s my opinion. I didn’t think Julius would work with this current team and I think Kat is a great fit.
We’ve got a long taste of this current team without Randle and it was damn good. Center is clearly the position of need, especially with Mitchell Robinson injured to start the year and KAT is one of the best. I think it’s a fantastic trade.

Reaction Score
I think KAT is a great fit, and moving on from Randle makes sense and was always coming. I don't love moving on from DiVincenzo, though I guess his minutes were going down with Bridges here

Reaction Score
I think KAT is a great fit, and moving on from Randle makes sense and was always coming. I don't love moving on from DiVincenzo, though I guess his minutes were going down with Bridges here
To me, the only worry of KAT is his defense, but with him on board, Knicks can play a ton of 5-out.

Current depth:

1- Brunson, Payne, Kolek,
2- Bridges, McBride
3 - OG, Bates-Diop
4 - Hart, Achiuwa
5 - Towns, Robinson, Sims

And then Morris, Shamet and Okeke can earn a roster spot.

I also see Robinson and KAT sharing the floor at times.

Best Knicks roster since...2013? 1997?

Reaction Score
I can't say that I watched a ton of KAT games last season, but he's obviously an all-star caliber player. My concern is that in the few games I did watch, he seems to have changed his game to be primarily a 3-point shooter. The Knicks will need more help in the low box where he can offensive rebound and keep plays alive like what they had with Hartenstein. I trust this Knick's leadership to have done their homework and the fact that Thibs has extensive history with KAT. Sorry to see Devo have to be included, but you've got to give something to get something and Randle alone was never going to bring back a star. I'm excited for the new season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom