Might Be Another Long Year for Sox fans | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Might Be Another Long Year for Sox fans

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Hanley and Panda....what a disaster of contracts.

Dude was just never the same after that shoulder injury. He had one hot half in 2016 and was just not good beyond that.

Reaction Score
So happy to see Hanley gone. This gives me new respect for Dombrowski and Cora. Hanley has always been a head case waiting to happen. Had they sat him on the bench for long, he would have become a major distraction. Kudos to Cora for recognizing that. Hanley was a problem in the minors before he ever came to Boston and he became a problem for Florida even though he had some great seasons for them. I did not like it when they signed him. As long as Big Papi was around he was somewhat under control. But when Papi left, he was useless IMHO. I don't see a lot of teams anxious to pick him up.

Reaction Score
So happy to see Hanley gone. This gives me new respect for Dombrowski and Cora. Hanley has always been a head case waiting to happen. Had they sat him on the bench for long, he would have become a major distraction. Kudos to Cora for recognizing that. Hanley was a problem in the minors before he ever came to Boston and he became a problem for Florida even though he had some great seasons for them. I did not like it when they signed him. As long as Big Papi was around he was somewhat under control. But when Papi left, he was useless IMHO. I don't see a lot of teams anxious to pick him up.
At his current contract numbers nobody is biting. Hanley can still hit and when he is hot can carry a team. It is the rest of the time that is a problem. I think he is less of a bad guy than fans think or rumblings about him from players would be public.

the Q

Reaction Score
All that talk of JBj for Brandon belt this offseason...looks like the Sox should’ve sprung for that.

Reaction Score
All that talk of JBj for Brandon belt this offseason...looks like the Sox should’ve sprung for that.
I haven't given up on JBJ yet. With his defense, if he can hit .260 with 15 hrs. I'll take it. I would like to see him bunt more. I think Brett Gardner is a valuable part of the Yankees team. JBJ should be able to duplicate that.

the Q

Reaction Score
Sox drafted a lot of power early on in this draft.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Instead Dumbrowski resigned Mitch Moreland, a decent player but certainly a downgrade from Hosmer.

Moreland: .282/11/45, .864 OPS, 129 OPS+, .229 isolated power, UZR 1.4, 1.5 WAR, All Star

Hosmer: .253/9/38, .724 OPS, 99 OPS+, .148 isolated power, UZR -2.4, 0.5 WAR

Dumbrowski done good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not quite ready to merge this thread with the "worst sports judgments of your life" thread, but getting there . . .

I dumbed out on Stanton vs JD. Only thing I liked about JD more was his age. Not much of a talent evaluator apparently.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

I've been going to baseball games for 15 years. That was the most impressive feat I've ever seen in person (well, besides watching Papi score from first).

Reaction Score
I've been going to baseball games for 15 years. That was the most impressive feat I've ever seen in person (well, besides watching Papi score from first).

I can hardly remember a player that was as electric to watch as Mookie is right now.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I can hardly remember a player that was as electric to watch as Mookie is right now.
Nomar, the year he hit .372 is the only one that comes close.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Speaking of worst sports judgments of all time: "Every team has a Mookie Betts" -- Deepster, 2015.
I'm not sure that's worse than the Lastings Milledge 3,000 Hits Watch.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
And the reaction was genuine. He just won a hard-fought battle.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
And the reaction was genuine. He just won a hard-fought battle.

Apparently he got some backlash online for showboating too much. I mean, come on — he grinded for 11 minutes and came out on top by hitting a grand slam that literally left the yard. He could’ve done the Sam Cassell dance around the bases and he would’ve been within his rights.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom