Midnight tip off? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Midnight tip off?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
At least those who watch will be on the network when they do another late Friday/early Saturday layoff at ESPN
That network has turned into the CNN of sports
They have alienated so many viewers
It's a sports network - when will they get back to that format?
I think it may be too late

No matter what time it is - Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Playing at 930 puts us on ESPNU, which we were 0n last night, and the usual cry babies had a whole thread dedicated to complaining about that. Now we get moved to ESPN but at a later time and you cry.

At 9pm, ESPN2 is playing the consolation game from the other bracket between Stanford-Ohio St. Why wouldn't Uconn-Michigan St. have displaced that game?

Reaction Score
At 9pm, ESPN2 is playing the consolation game from the other bracket between Stanford-Ohio St. Why wouldn't Uconn-Michigan St. have displaced that game?

You mean swap the venues so that two Victory bracket games can happen at the same time? They're close to each other and all, but that seems like too much.

Reaction Score
Because that is not how it was set up, the plan from the beginning was always the 930 game on ESPNU and the 12 game on ESPN.

Reaction Score
Because that is not how it was set up, the plan from the beginning was always the 930 game on ESPNU and the 12 game on ESPN.

The plan was always to play the consolation game during prime time on Espn2 and the semi-final game at midnight on ESPN, but you can’t understand why people are second guessing the scheduling?

Reaction Score
Have been critical of the base over the years. However, in this case they have a point. Last night they were saying 9:30. They changed their minds because they were expecting Oregon/MSU. UConn doesn’t rate prime time at our taxpayer funded network.

Game was never going to be on ESPN at that time due to football. Not sure about espn2.

Reaction Score
You mean swap the venues so that two Victory bracket games can happen at the same time? They're close to each other and all, but that seems like too much.

No need to swap venues, just play the winners bracket game at 9:30 and put it on ESPN2 and put the losers bracket game from the other division on ESPNU.

Reaction Score
Another whiny attempt at winning the argument. In the end it is just the Connecticut taxpayer funded network disrespecting us

You're actually an idiot. Take a look at the ESPN broadcast schedule. It would have been on ESPN2 if it were ever going to be shown in that time slot. Not it's on ESPN.

Reaction Score
The plan was always to play the consolation game during prime time on Espn2 and the semi-final game at midnight on ESPN, but you can’t understand why people are second guessing the scheduling?
I have no idea what you are trying to say, but both semi games are later than the consolidation games for that side of the bracket.

So I guess ESPN hates Florida and Gonzaga too

Reaction Score
This isn’t ideal but it shouldn’t be a problem. The real test is Tuesday at 9:30 on a mothereffing Tuesday. Not so much the game — but Wednesday is going to blow.

Jesus are you kidding me? You'll be in bed by midnight pansy.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
At least those who watch will be on the network when they do another late Friday/early Saturday layoff at ESPN

What a whiny snowflake

Reaction Score
Sad thing is you and others are probably dumb enough to think ESPN was like hey let’s change the time so we can screw over UConn! My god I wonder how some of you make it through the day

Don’t wonder too hard dumb dumb. Your head might explode.
Showing a lack of respect is not the same as intentionally trying to screw someone.

Reaction Score
Correct. I checked the PK 80 website near the end of the UCONN game, and the winners’ bracket showed the game in 9:30 slot. So it was a last minute change when ESPN didn’t get the Oregon/ Michigan State match it expected.
I’ll stay up anyway, but I agree, it’s ESPN disrespecting UCONN as usual..

An 80 year old rich man is responsible for the change in time. Makes no sense to show 2 EST teams at midnight on the East Coast.

I'm glad I still have my meth dealer on speed dial.

Reaction Score
Don’t wonder too hard dumb dumb. Your head might explode.
Showing a lack of respect is not the same as intentionally trying to screw someone.
I guess ESPN has no respect for Michigan State, Florida, and Gonzaga too. Do you tie your own shoes?

Reaction Score
It is amazing how pathetic our fan base is. Power 5 athletic program but a MEAC fan base.

All I can do is shake my head at a lot of the people posting in this thread. That post complaining about a 9:30 start takes the cake though.

Biggest UConn game in the last couple years and people would rather cry that it starts at midnight on a holiday weekend.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Works out great for me here in Japan. 2:00PM on Saturday afternoon. Rare that I get games at normal, watchable hours here :)

Same here. I'm up in Saporro with a few coworkers for the long weekend.

I think I'm being out voted 4-1 so they can watch Mich/OSU football but I'll figure out something.

Reaction Score
All I can do is shake my head at a lot of the people posting in this thread. That post complaining about a 9:30 start takes the cake though.

Biggest UConn game in the last couple years and people would rather cry that it starts at midnight on a holiday weekend.
Thread talking about the game, or the spread on the game gets 6-10 posts, a thread to complain about the time or channel its on gets 5 pages. Sums up our fan base.

Reaction Score

I think I'm being out voted 4-1 so they can watch Mich/OSU football but I'll figure out something.
Those games are 12 hours apart........

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Works out great for me here in Japan. 2:00PM on Saturday afternoon. Rare that I get games at normal, watchable hours here :)
We are visiting China now but might not be around at. 2.

Reaction Score
Here’s what it boils down to:

They thought Oregon was going to beat us, and they wanted a prime time game for their market. We stuck it to them. I will gladly take our 12 AM game during Oregon’s previously assumed prime time. Let’s go.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Those games are 12 hours apart...

Lol. Yep. We we're looking at schedule last night after hitting hard and clubs.
And we were verifying it this morning while waking up in a haze. Upon third review, I should be good to go. Plenty of Sapporo Black labels will be drank during this game.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score

TRUTH!!!!
May they keep laying off people until there is no one left.
CNN of sports sounds about right, next thing you know Don Lemon will be their color commentator.
You reap what you sow BSPN, have fun with the layoffs :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom