Midnight tip off? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Midnight tip off?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have three kids age 8 and under. The last 8 years I have trained my body to be able to function on minimal sleep. This should not be a problem.
Lol, that's always been my attitude, but I couldn't make through the 2nd half of the women's game the other day. I'll give it a shot.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Is it really that big an issue to Stay up until 2 am on a Friday night on a holiday weekend? I mean I’m no spring chicken ( I’m 50) and I haven’t gone to bed before 330 -4 am on weekend night in 30 years. You won’t die, trust me on this, and your Saturday will be just fine.
Fifty? What I would give to be fifty again.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Bad move really. Think about it. 3 hour difference from East to West. That means Central US and all points east will have 11 and 12 viewing time. That is a large market that might not catch the game for sponsors. My wife says record it. Why would I want to do that when I will know the score early tomorrow morning. At the end of last nights game thay said UConn will play the 9:30 game. Thought...no big deal. Oh well PST.

Reaction Score
Such cra-pola. I'd better weave some nap time into schedule today

Reaction Score
I love the midnight tip off time. You got the entire day to go out and do something with family and then you can take a nap later. Then watch the game with some left over food, dessert, alcohol, coffee (with ameretto). You can sleep in on a Saturday not bad at all.

Reaction Score
I'm battling some kind of respiratory issue that is almost, but not quite taking hold. Making me sleepy early, tho. May be tough to stay up late tonight but hoping...
Sleep early and get your butt up for midnight. Old farts like you don't need much sleep.:)

Reaction Score
Another whiny attempt at winning the argument. In the end it is just the Connecticut taxpayer funded network disrespecting us

Correct. I checked the PK 80 website near the end of the UCONN game, and the winners’ bracket showed the game in 9:30 slot. So it was a last minute change when ESPN didn’t get the Oregon/ Michigan State match it expected.
I’ll stay up anyway, but I agree, it’s ESPN disrespecting UCONN as usual..

Reaction Score
So an Oregon vs. Depaul game is better for the ratings than the UConn vs. Michigan St. game? Sure bud!

That timeslot is on ESPNU, late game is regular ESPN. So they bumped us up to a better channel at worse time while helping their own attendance (Oregon fans come at primetime and hopefully stay through UConn).

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Correct. I checked the PK 80 website near the end of the UCONN game, and the winners’ bracket showed the game in 9:30 slot. So it was a last minute change when ESPN didn’t get the Oregon/ Michigan State match it expected.
That'exactly what I thought. I have apps that I can show on my TV. ESPN and Direct TV. Clearly said 9:30. Again, I am sure that is PST. I am in agreement somewhat that if you are not the darlings of ESPN you getting kicked to the curb.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
What worries me that games rarely start at the time announced. I am thinking maybe a 12:30 start.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bad move really. Think about it. 3 hour difference from East to West. That means Central US and all points east will have 11 and 12 viewing time. That is a large market that might not catch the game for sponsors. My wife says record it. Why would I want to do that when I will know the score early tomorrow morning. At the end of last nights game thay said UConn will play the 9:30 game. Thought...no big deal. Oh well PST.

It’s not a “large market”, it’s virtually the whole market. Over 75% of Americans live in the eastern or central time zone. Both these schools are in those time zones, both east actually, so they killed the ratings here. Nobody anywhere in those time zones cares about Oregaon - DePaul, except 1000 people in Chicago.

Reaction Score
This isn’t ideal but it shouldn’t be a problem. The real test is Tuesday at 9:30 on a mothereffing Tuesday. Not so much the game — but Wednesday is going to blow.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Just another reason it's great to live out west. Go out, have a nice dinner and a couple of drinks and come home and watch the game at 9. 7pm tip offs during the week are even better. It's only 4pm out here so I leave work early to watch.
I used to complain when I was into pro football about the old Monday night games which used to get over at 12:30 on weekday nights. A friend from the West Coast said "how would you like to watch The NFL Today at 9:00 AM on Sunday'?

Reaction Score
Tonight's schedule (rolling solo) for posterity:

Large take out pepperoni and sausage pizza $17
Bottle of A t0 Z Pinot Noir $16
Watching Bourne 1 and 2 (pre game) Free (I own them)
Chilled bottle of Grey Goose $28

Watching UConn play Mich State Priceless

Thank you lord.

Reaction Score
Sad thing is you and others are probably dumb enough to think ESPN was like hey let’s change the time so we can screw over UConn! My god I wonder how some of you make it through the day

Reaction Score
That'exactly what I thought. I have apps that I can show on my TV. ESPN and Direct TV. Clearly said 9:30. Again, I am sure that is PST. I am in agreement somewhat that if you are not the darlings of ESPN you getting kicked to the curb.
Playing at 930 puts us on ESPNU, which we were 0n last night, and the usual cry babies had a whole thread dedicated to complaining about that. Now we get moved to ESPN but at a later time and you cry.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom