Midnight tip off? | The Boneyard

Midnight tip off?

Reaction Score
Terrible job by Nike and ESPN. Its ridiculous that Oregon-Depaul is the 6:30pm pst game and Uconn-MSU is the 9pm pst game. Are they concerned that they will lose all the home fans if Oregon plays the late game?

pj

Reaction Score
I guess gate dollars, not TV dollars, are driving this one. Or maybe Phil Knight has an early bed time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Terrible job by Nike and ESPN. Its ridiculous that Oregon-Depaul is the 6:30pm pst game and Uconn-MSU is the 9pm pst game. Are they concerned that they will lose all the home fans if Oregon plays the late game?

I'm guessing it's a reward to the teams who won to give them more rest.

Traditionally the losing teams have the short turnaround.

Reaction Score
I'm guessing it's a reward to the teams who won to give them more rest.

Traditionally the losing teams have the short turnaround.

North Carolina-Arkansas is the early game in the top half of the bracket.

Reaction Score
Will the game be available via replay on ESPN3 to watch with breakfast Saturday morning?

Reaction Score
Midnight?? So ridiculous. Have to DVR the game and then avoid all social media. That will be easy

Reaction Score
Well it's 9:30 pm and 20 somethings will be alert and ready. It makes sense to get the Oregon fans in the arena to put some fans in the seats. Also its really only is an issue for fans, particularly EST'ers.

It's Friday night however and I'll be up long past my bedtime ready to sacrifice my Saturday morning.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Is it really that big an issue to Stay up until 2 am on a Friday night on a holiday weekend? I mean I’m no spring chicken ( I’m 50) and I haven’t gone to bed before 330 -4 am on weekend night in 30 years. You won’t die, trust me on this, and your Saturday will be just fine.

Reaction Score
I think I'll be able to stay up. Little worried about our guys though - hopefully they've already adjusted to West Coast time. At least MSU will have the same problem.

Reaction Score
Funny thing is, right as the UConn game ended last night, ESPNU quickly flashed a 9:30 eastern game time for today's game time. I mentioned it to my wife. So this midnight start was a quick change of mind.

Reaction Score
Is it really that big an issue to Stay up until 2 am on a Friday night on a holiday weekend? I mean I’m no spring chicken ( I’m 50) and I haven’t gone to bed before 330 -4 am on weekend night in 30 years. You won’t die, trust me on this, and your Saturday will be just fine.
There is a good chance about half of our fan base dies if they try and stay up to watch the whole game tonight.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Good grief. I’m older than many of you and last night’s game has me excited.

“It’s hard for me” :cool: so maybe someone can explain why people need to get pumped for tonight.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
There is a good chance about half of our fan base dies if they try and stay up to watch the whole game tonight.

Are we turning into women’s fans? A bunch of geriatrics and kids in strollers who need to be in bed ?

I mean if it was a weeknight of a work week, I get it . It’s a tough spot ( you still find a way but some complaining is acceptable) but it is a Friday night of a 4 day holiday weekend! Playing a top 5 team in the country in the highest profile preseason tournament in history.

If not doable now, when?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
It would seem that it’s the late tip in order to get it into the mothership since they have Clemson/South Carolina at 7:30.

The early game is stuck on the U.

Take it as a compliment they didn’t want to bury this game on ESPNU.

Reaction Score
Are we turning into women’s fans? A bunch of geriatrics and kids in strollers who need to be in bed ?

I mean if it was a weeknight of a work week, I get it . It’s a tough spot ( you still find a way but some complaining is acceptable) but it is a Friday night of a 4 day holiday weekend! Playing a top 5 team in the country in the highest profile preseason tournament in history.

If not doable now, when?
It's incredibly unfortunate but it's a given, fans are going to die tonight.

Reaction Score
Lousy time but once the game starts no problem. Probably get a short nap in watching the football games prior to. The wife will be sleeping and watching so I will have to mute my yell mode though. At least it is Friday night/Sat. AM.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom