Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
What could possibly go wrong?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Well, okay then.

Either U boats will attack East Hartford or surfing on the Housatonic will be gangbusters.

Personally, my money is on the dust storm.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, okay then.

Either U boats will attack East Hartford or surfing on the Housatonic will be gangbusters.

Personally, my money is on the dust storm.

You always have to take into account blimp accidents. Think of the children.

Reaction Score
ESPN's final bullet to destroy our football program. I say more tax cuts for ESPN.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
You always have to take into account blimp accidents. Think of the children.

I have to think by about the third quarter even the children will be trying to get under the blimp

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Isn't this what we want? National exposure?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have to think by about the third quarter even the children will be trying to get under the blimp

ESPN hates UConn so much they won't even send a blimp big enough to crush everyone. I bet they only kill the loud people in the cheap seats.

Reaction Score
Isn't this what we want? National exposure?

I think you meant.....

indecent-exposure-lg.jpg

Reaction Score
David Wilczewski (@DWilcz)
9/16/13, 4:47 PM
Sean McDonough & @chris_spielman will call Saturday's @UConnFootball game, while @SSpakeESPN will be the sideline reporter. #RingTheBell

Reaction Score
Didn't McDonough do the game in the Big House, which I think was also ABC? Musberger did our game at Cincy the Jasper year when Cincy won the Big East -- I think that was the only time we were on actual ABC over a large portion of the country.

Please Coach P -- may I have another?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Didn't McDonough do the game in the Big House, which I think was also ABC? Musberger did our game at Cincy the Jasper year when Cincy won the Big East -- I think that was the only time we were on actual ABC over a large portion of the country.

Please Coach P -- may I have another?

I leave for Ireland tomorrow so just set my DVR for the game. I'll be back in time to make it to The Rent but didn't want to forget to record it. Anyhow, my TV listing for the 8pm game still says Texas vs Kansas State. I'm in Fairfield County so get NYC hi-def stations. Is anyone sure we'll be the main game around the country?

Reaction Score
I leave for Ireland tomorrow so just set my DVR for the game. I'll be back in time to make it to The Rent but didn't want to forget to record it. Anyhow, my TV listing for the 8pm game still says Texas vs Kansas State. I'm in Fairfield County so get NYC hi-def stations. Is anyone sure we'll be the main game around the country?

They don't put out their coverage maps until later in the week. I would guess from those games we'd get the Northeast and Upper Midwest.

Reaction Score
Our game has coverage in 65% of the country. I'm surprised they're giving us that much. By about 8:30pm, I'll be wishing K State vs. Texas was national and we were only on espn3 again.

Reaction Score
Hello, Boneyard fans. I would like to formally introduce my self here. I'm ecasadoSBU from the Stony Brook board. Yes, I'm a fan of an FCS team. Before you shut my out I would like to say why am I here. Well, turns out a couple of years (more like 4) ago I got into College Sports, and logically became a fan of my Alma Mater's athletic teams. Well, back then the college landscape was much different. Connecticut would massacre Stony Brook in the Gampel that year before going on to win the National Championship in that impressive run. I used to hate Connecticut withl all my guts back then but by the time my girlfriend became a junior at Connecticut I couldn't resist falling for the program. I felt a bit attached and today Connecticut has turned out to be my BCS/FBS big-time program of choice, whatever that may mean to any of you.

With all of that said, I understand Connecticut is undergoing a rough period of time, and that it finds it self very far removed from that BCS Fiesta Bowl it played a few years ago. But my comment to this fan base is... Don't let this program fall apart! Forget about the coach, conference realignment and all the other bullsh&t that is going on in Connecticut country. The program is only as strong as the fans are. What makes Ohio St. and Michigan and Penn State what they are is not the wins and loses, its the fan base. A fan bases that attend the games in good and bad times (just take a look at Ped State attendance still rocking in the 90ks). They send out a message to potential recruits that they will always be watching no matter what. That sense of loyalty resonates across the country and that is what makes those programs big time.

Now, Im not questioning the loyalty of each and one of you. I know you re the passionate fans of Connecticut country... but there is a small but significant minority out there that has responded to this chaos by refusing to buy season tickets, by looking away and forgetting that this when the program needs all of you the most.

New England looks up to Connecticut and Boston College (yuck) to lead the way. you cant let that fall apart

Hundreds of schools (including my precious Alma Mater) would love to be in Connecticut's position right now. So don't take it for granted. This is still a great program, and its up to the fans to continue to make Connecticut relevant... or to let it out of ESPN forever.

GO Seawolves! Go CONNECTICUT!

Thank you for allowing me part of this board.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
McDonough is a great person to do the game.

If its as embarrassing as I fear it will be, he won't hesitate to talk about how it was at the Rent when he called games there in 04, 05, 06 etc...at least it's someone who knows how good the good times were

Reaction Score
Hello, Boneyard fans. I would like to formally introduce my self here. I'm ecasadoSBU from the Stony Brook board. Yes, I'm a fan of an FCS team. Before you shut my out I would like to say why am I here. Well, turns out a couple of years (more like 4) ago I got into College Sports, and logically became a fan of my Alma Mater's athletic teams. Well, back then the college landscape was much different. UConn would massacre Stony Brook in the Gampel that year before going on to win the National Championship in that impressive run. I used to hate Connecticut will all my guts back then but by the time my girlfriend became a junior at Connecticut I couldn't resist falling for the program. I felt a bit attached and today Uconn has turned out to be my BCS/FBS big-time team of choice, whatever that may mean to any of you.

With all of that said, I understand Connecticut is undergoing a rough period of time, and that it finds it self very far removed from that BCS Fiesta Bowl it played a few years ago. But my comment to this fan base is... Don't let this program fall apart! Forget about the coach, conference realignment and all the other bull is that is going on in Connecticut country. The program is only as strong as the fans are. What makes Ohio St. and Michigan and Penn State what they are is not the wins and loses, its the fan base. A fan bases that attend the games in good and bad times. They send out a message to potential recruits that they will always be watching no matter what. That sense of loyalty resonates across the country and that is what makes those programs big time.

Now, Im not questioning the loyalty of each and one of you. I know you re the passionate fans of Connecticut country... but there is a small but significant minority out there that has responded to this chaos but refusing to buy season tickets, by looking away and forgetting that this when the program needs all of you the most.

New England looks up to Connecticut and Boston College (yuck) to lead the way. you cant let that fall apart
Hundreds of schools (including my precious Alma Mater) would love to be in Connecticut position right now. So don't take it for granted. This is still a great program, and its up to the fans to continue to make Connecticut relevant... or to let it out of ESPN forever.

I see the university's rebranding efforts have really resonated on Long Island.

Reaction Score
I see the university's rebranding efforts have really resonated on Long Island.

Well, I'm from New York City actually...I've been watching Connecticut football on SNY/ESPN for the last couple of seasons now

Rebranding efforts? as in UCONN over University of Connecticut? and the new Husky? I personally prefer Connecticut. It sounds more representative of the State and the University. I visited yesterday and was really disappointed to see that they switched the main entrance sign (at Storrs) from University of Connecticut to UConn. The logo I don't care much. Its okay to change from time to time

Reaction Score
Ill be watching Saturday. Should be a good game. Still not to late to turn the season around!

Reaction Score
Hello, Boneyard fans. I would like to formally introduce my self here. I'm ecasadoSBU from the Stony Brook board. Yes, I'm a fan of an FCS team. Before you shut my out I would like to say why am I here. Well, turns out a couple of years (more like 4) ago I got into College Sports, and logically became a fan of my Alma Mater's athletic teams. Well, back then the college landscape was much different. Connecticut would massacre Stony Brook in the Gampel that year before going on to win the National Championship in that impressive run. I used to hate Connecticut withl all my guts back then but by the time my girlfriend became a junior at Connecticut I couldn't resist falling for the program. I felt a bit attached and today Connecticut has turned out to be my BCS/FBS big-time program of choice, whatever that may mean to any of you.

With all of that said, I understand Connecticut is undergoing a rough period of time, and that it finds it self very far removed from that BCS Fiesta Bowl it played a few years ago. But my comment to this fan base is... Don't let this program fall apart! Forget about the coach, conference realignment and all the other bullsh&t that is going on in Connecticut country. The program is only as strong as the fans are. What makes Ohio St. and Michigan and Penn State what they are is not the wins and loses, its the fan base. A fan bases that attend the games in good and bad times (just take a look at Ped State attendance still rocking in the 90ks). They send out a message to potential recruits that they will always be watching no matter what. That sense of loyalty resonates across the country and that is what makes those programs big time.

Now, Im not questioning the loyalty of each and one of you. I know you re the passionate fans of Connecticut country... but there is a small but significant minority out there that has responded to this chaos by refusing to buy season tickets, by looking away and forgetting that this when the program needs all of you the most.

Hundreds of schools (including my precious Alma Mater) would love to be in Connecticut's position right now. So don't take it for granted. This is still a great program, and its up to the fans to continue to make Connecticut relevant... or to let it out of ESPN forever.

Thanks for the perspective. Well said. Would have liked it 100 times if I could. This is really a microcosm in time and we need to hang in there.

Being spoiled right out of the gate didn't help us prepare for reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom