Michigan/Wisconsin Punishments | The Boneyard

Michigan/Wisconsin Punishments

Reaction Score
Does this inspire Michigan? Maybe wins Big 10 tournament and get into NCAA?

Reaction Score
So Mack at Louisville got six games from his own institution for firing a guy without HR present. This guy takes a swing and gets five. Calhoun got three for the Nate miles fiasco which is tiddlywinks compared to this. Should have been for remainder of season regular and postseason. Warde did what warde does…..

Reaction Score
Yeah kind of weak punishments by the conference. Surprised the 2 Michigan players only got 1 game each. Diabate threw a couple haymakers.
Very light all around. More to Howard, Wisconsin should have had a guy suspended a game too, bu the players throwing punches? One game? I saw one kid punching a coach who fell in the head.

Reaction Score
Head coach gets 5 games (no post-season) for throwing a punch in an altercation he started at beginning of the good sportsmanship handshake line? Seems appropriate - NOT. Great example for the student-athletes he is charged with leading.

MJ1

Reaction Score
Assumed they were firmly out. I guess not.
4 Brackets I looked at, 2 had them in as last four in and 2 had them out and that was before they lost the Wisconsin game. When the new Brackets come out on Tuesday my guess would be all 4 have them out.

Reaction Score
No one has reported on what the Wisconsin assistant coach said to Howard. The slap came after that as up till then pushing and shoving only. $130,000.00 in lost pay with the 5 game suspension plus $40,000.00 fine from the league is not nothing. I am fine with the punishment. Was this related to something between the 2 coaches that carried over from last year?

Reaction Score
I know the thread was locked. If mods want to lock/delete this one too, I get it. Personally, I think he should have gotten more.
What a joke. And Knight got fired for throwing a chair

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
They sound about right to me. If Howard isn't getting fired, the best you could have asked for is the rest of the regular season. No way they were going to keep one of their better teams' coaches out of the tournaments. The rest are pretty standard for fighting.

Reaction Score
Fireable offense in nearly any other profession. Never for a second thought anyone involved would have the stones to do the right thing though. No surprise here.
Basketball coach isn't most professions. It's a competitive event with binary winners and losers fueled by screaming fans. Tons of adrenaline. Our coach acts like a damn lunatic screaming at neutral arbiters/judges. You think that's okay in most professions? That's a tolerated and sometimes even celebrated activity by a college coach.

This behavior crossed the line, no doubt about it.

5 games is good for a first offense, especially since that's the natural season cut-off. It's a full quarter of the conference season, and 5x more than what the other people who threw punches got. Suspending for the post-season punishes the players a bit when 5 games is enough to send a strong message.

Reaction Score
So Mack at Louisville got six games from his own institution for firing a guy without HR present. This guy takes a swing and gets five. Calhoun got three for the Nate miles fiasco which is tiddlywinks compared to this. Should have been for remainder of season regular and postseason. Warde did what warde does…..
Maybe some anger management classes ???
Fireable offense in nearly any other profession. Never for a second thought anyone involved would have the stones to do the right thing though. No surprise here.
Warde does not want to fire a coach as we know he is not good at hiring them. ;) One would think the second time would have him out the door though.

His dumbness can have a funny side though.
Michigan coach Juwan Howard picks up live ball and gets a technical foul

Reaction Score
5 games is fine for Howard. Wisconsin coach Gard was the one who put hands on Howard first. Howard was content to say his peace and get the heck out until Wisc coach put his hands on him.

No doubt Howard took it to another level and was out of line but if Gard keeps his hands off Howard this never happens.

Reaction Score
I
5 games is fine for Howard. Wisconsin coach Gard was the one who put hands on Howard first. Howard was content to say his peace and get the heck out until Wisc coach put his hands on him.

No doubt Howard took it to another level and was out of line but if Gard keeps his hands off Howard this never happens.
“Say his peace”? I suggest you Google the footage that came out today with audio of what Howard said in the handshake line. After Gard gave Howard the grandma arm touch to try to explain why he took the timeout, Howard then grabbed Gard’s shirt in the upper chest area. This moral equivalency narrative is mind boggling to me.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom