Michigan/Wisconsin Punishments | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Michigan/Wisconsin Punishments

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
5 games seems about right. Hopefully that ends up being their season save 1 B1G tourney game because it would be pretty ridiculous to get a postseason bonus after starting a melee.

I do find the criminal aspect of this interesting though when you think about the UCLA kid that got arrested...ARRESTED! a couple weeks ago for spitting into the student section in Tucson, but a 40+ yo adult and "leader of men" who physically smacks someone does not.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I do find the criminal aspect of this interesting though when you think about the UCLA kid that got arrested...ARRESTED! a couple weeks ago for spitting into the student section in Tucson, but a 40+ yo adult and "leader of men" who physically smacks someone does not.
Really? What happens on court or between the lines is usually given a wide berth by law enforcement. But spitting into a crowd during a pandemic is heinous.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Guy cuts you off so you give him the finger. He pulls out a gun and kills your spouse and kids.
Later on the police sum it by saying "yeah he was out of line, but this never happens if you didn't give him the finger."
I'm sure you'd appreciate that response.
Probably not, but that doesn’t make it any less correct.

Reaction Score
Look, my first reaction was fire him. Watched the video several times. I wish the Wisconsin coach just let him walk away. I know he was not threatening in any way....but Howard wanted out, and the coach should have let him just keep going. Part 2, if you don't want a time out with 15 seconds, don't apply full court pressure,
I was with the same thought. Heard he grabbed his arm to tall. Shiukd have grabbed his arm either. I am sure it wasn't to intentionally provoke but it did

Reaction Score
They sound about right to me. If Howard isn't getting fired, the best you could have asked for is the rest of the regular season. No way they were going to keep one of their better teams' coaches out of the tournaments. The rest are pretty standard for fighting.

I was with the same thought. Heard he grabbed his arm to tall. Shiukd have grabbed his arm either. I am sure it wasn't to intentionally provoke but it did

Which would have some relevance if Howard punched him when he grabbed his arm. He didn't. He punched someone else well later.

Reaction Score
Which would have some relevance if Howard punched him when he grabbed his arm. He didn't. He punched someone else well later.
As I saw the video, it seemed Gard had backed away after talking with Howard. Gard appeared to be standing and separated by several rows of players and assistants in front of him. Not even sure Howard could have seen Gard because of the taller people in front of Gard.

I guess Howard was trying to see where Gard was, and then, the WU assistant coach(who was standing behind a few rows of people and Gard was farther back from the assistant) said something to Howard and then Howard reached forward and landed his swing/slap/punch and struck the assistant .

Howard could have seen the assistant and apparently aimed at him because Gard was too far away for Howard's reach and maybe out of sight being obstructed by those in front of him.

Either way, it was an intentional act. If aimed at the assistant coach as it appeared, it just confirmed Howard's temperamental nature.

Reaction Score
So 5 for a coach seems about right.
No. It is the same penalty as the current players received. I don't believe there is any place in the game for the coach to throw a punch.

Reaction Score
Definitely not the way you want to punch your ticket to the dance.

Reaction Score
Yes let's bring guns into this. Giving the finger is verbal not physical.

Gard was physical first however meager. Not saying Howard shouldn't be punished but he doesn't need to be fired like you want him to be.
then suspend Gard a game. it doesnt lessen what howard did.
Really? What happens on court or between the lines is usually given a wide berth by law enforcement. But spitting into a crowd during a pandemic is heinous.
this wasnt during a game between the lines involving players. this was after the game outside the lines between non-players. it's just like mac spitting on a fan or a fan punching another fan in the stands. they both should/would be arrested. 5 games is a complete joke. rest of the season including both tourneys should have been minimum sentence.

Reaction Score
then suspend Gard a game. it doesnt lessen what howard did.

this wasnt during a game between the lines involving players. this was after the game outside the lines between non-players. it's just like mac spitting on a fan or a fan punching another fan in the stands. they both should/would be arrested. 5 games is a complete joke. rest of the season including both tourneys should have been minimum sentence.
Did you say "sentence"???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom