OT: - Michigan State OTL piece | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Michigan State OTL piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
MSU, Penn St, Baylor, etc. It's really sad what people are willing to do to keep the wins and money flowing. Im starting to feel complicit in something really terrible

If you follow any big time college sports, you are. Gotta learn to accept it, or move on.

Some are worse than others though. I'd take a lifetime of recruiting sanctions over the three you mentioned.

Reaction Score
If you follow any big time college sports, you are. Gotta learn to accept it, or move on.

Some are worse than others though. I'd take a lifetime of recruiting sanctions over the three you mentioned.
We should never accept women or anyone getting raped, change the behavior and the culture by reporting these crimes and making harsh penalties, just like we have changed other behaviors and cultures throughout US history.

Not sure what you are talking about with accepting, you want to tell our children it’s okay to rape women and or get raped by men?

Reaction Score
With the Nassar MSU disgrace if Izzo covered for assts or players accused of sexual assault he should "reitire".....I have my doubts that he will with MSU in the Title mix but he should be made to answer to these charges if he wishes to remain.

Reaction Score
With the Nassar MSU disgrace if Izzo covered for assts or players accused of sexual assault he should "reitire".....I have my doubts that he will with MSU in the Title mix but he should be made to answer to these charges if he wishes to remain.
The behavior only changes when the professional people and leaders stop covering up these actions and they hold these athletes accountable, if you are not, you are promoting this type of behavior and are telling our children & society that this action is okay.

Reaction Score
This is the just the beginning. Women are finally feeling like speaking out and demanding action is a good thing to do and that it is being supported by the larger population. And that is a good thing.

I think it is way worse in FB just because of the sheer size of the teams. The FSU QB had an incident this week. Jameis Winston had issues. You know that there has to be a bunch a Bama that never see the light of day because FB is the religion there. Kelly at ND has had multiple sexual assaults swept under the rung including one where the girl killed herself (Prince Shembo incident).
https://deadspin.com/5897809/this-i...me-football-player-of-sexually-assaulting-you

Add in paying the players and their families, the street agents, the entourages, the fake classes and college sports is really a giant cesspool. No school/team that plays and is successful in Div I revenue sports (FB/MBB) is clean. None. Coaches are fired if they lose. They are incentivized to keep their best kids playing, win and ignore any social responsibility. He said/she said was the way to defend it. Just keep it out of the public eye and convince the world that you love and care for your players like family. It looks like that is changing very quickly.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Horrible, wonder what Izzo’s daughters think.....

I'm sure his dad will "Gee, gosh, dang" his was out of it, old Tommy, did you know he once missed a free throw to lose a state championship game, old Tommy...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What did he do earlier this week? I haven't really been following.
His comments about "the Nassar thing" during a press conference, incredibly weak.

Reaction Score
The behavior only changes when the professional people and leaders stop covering up these actions and they hold these athletes accountable, if you are not, you are promoting this type of behavior and are telling our children & society that this action is okay.
I agree, let's see what Tom Izzo has to say for himself. He always struck me as a "good" person so I'll withhold any judgement, he should address the issue either way.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We should never accept women or anyone getting raped, change the behavior and the culture by reporting these crimes and making harsh penalties, just like we have changed other behaviors and cultures throughout US history.

Not sure what you are talking about with accepting, you want to tell our children it’s okay to rape women and or get raped by men?

Not at all. You're misinterpreting what I was saying. Of course you try to address/fix everything to the fullest extent possible, especially crimes against humanity. I wouldn't even think anyone would argue otherwise.

What you need to do though, is accept the fact that the pond in which you are playing and enjoying on a daily basis is dirty as hell. Pull back the curtains and it's all kinds of ugly.

If you know this stuff is going on underneath the surface, likely at many institutions, then you are inherently complicit if you continue to support sports, programs and institutions.

Last edited:

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
  1. Barstool Spartans‏Verified account @BarstoolMSU
Source: Izzo wants to finish out the season. Will be an interesting next few days. 11:48 AM - 26 Jan 2018

Izzo wants that 2nd title badly, if he was complicit in a "rape culture" he shouldn't be given that option.

I'll guarantee the school went to great lengths to be able to claim Izzo had no idea what his players had been accused of. I'd also guarantee that is BS

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Do you think it's coincidental that immediately after the resignations of their president and AD the news of our investigation broke?

The NCAA is telling the public "pay no attention to MSU, look at what's going on at UConn. That's what's really wrong!
Honestly, sounds crazy but is it? Nate Miles broke during 2009 final four, APR just in time to tarnish 2011 title and hurt us in CR. This time it’s to take the heat off MSU and of course immediately after our best win of the year.

Reaction Score
After watching the full OTL report on ESPN just there is no way Dantonio can continue another day.....complete disgrace....16 reported rapes/assaults over the years swept under the rug.

Izzo is a little murkier, although he clearly new of 3 reported instances and did nothing to punish his players it wasn't anyway as widespread as football, maybe he gets to finish the season.....he is Izzo after all, the statue isn't coming down without a fight. He is no longer worthy of being seen as any kind of hero though.....he's just another pathetic jerk that only cared about his own program.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Honestly, sounds crazy but is it? Nate Miles broke during 2009 final four, APR just in time to tarnish 2011 title and hurt us in CR. This time it’s to take the heat off MSU and of course immediately after our best win of the year.
Yep, this came out to take heat off of Sparty and because of the huge win the whole nation was watching last night against SMU.

Reaction Score
After watching the full OTL report on ESPN just there is no way Dantonio can continue another day.....complete disgrace....16 reported rapes/assaults over the years swept under the rug.

Izzo is a little murkier, although he clearly new of 3 reported instances and did nothing to punish his players it wasn't anyway as widespread as football, maybe he gets to finish the season.....he is Izzo after all, the statue isn't coming down without a fight. He is no longer worthy of being seen as any kind of hero though.....he's just another pathetic jerk that only cared about his own program.

How is Izzo murkier? The football team has a roster of like 85 kids while the basketball team is 12 or so. The issue to me seems far greater with the basketball team.

Reaction Score
How is Izzo murkier? The football team has a roster of like 85 kids while the basketball team is 12 or so. The issue to me seems far greater with the basketball team.
I think Izzo culpability is "murkier" because the Payne & Appling assault (from what I read) was not buried it was brought to the county prosecutor & he didn't file charges. The more problematic instance for Izzo is the Travis Walton alleged assault with 2 unnamed players that was never reported to the police only to Hollis in athletic dept....that one is more problematic for Izzo. Don't get me wrong, I think Izzo should have suspended or cut players involved and not covered his programs ass.....he should be held accountable for that but maybe not fired.

The football team under Dantanio seems to have had a much more widespread problem, yes there are more football players but there are reports of maybe dozens of alleged assaults under Dantanio's tenure.....I don't see how he can stay in the job, there are reports of players bragging in the locker room in front of asst coach about "gang-rape" essentially.....he has to be done.

There may be other instances involving the basketball team that have not been made public but I think Izzo survives if nothing else comes to light.

Reaction Score
Izzo was just on. He’s going nowhere. Maybe out to dinner with Roy Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom