OT: - Michigan State OTL piece | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Michigan State OTL piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think Izzo culpability is "murkier" because the Payne & Appling assault (from what I read) was not buried it was brought to the county prosecutor & he didn't file charges.

Just a small correction. It was a female assistant prosecutor who didn't file charges for a completely bogus reason:

Schaner was interviewed by an assistant prosecutor, Debra Rousseau Martinez. Schaner says Martinez told her she did not seem strong enough to stand up to questioning that would come as a result of making allegations against MSU basketball players.

Reaction Score
Just a small correction. It was a female assistant prosecutor who didn't file charges for a completely bogus reason:

Schaner was interviewed by an assistant prosecutor, Debra Rousseau Martinez. Schaner says Martinez told her she did not seem strong enough to stand up to questioning that would come as a result of making allegations against MSU basketball players.

She basically convinced the girl it was in everybody's best interest (including the victim's) to drop it and move on with life. Talk about a horrifying lack of justice.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
She basically convinced the girl it was in everybody's best interest (including the victim's) to drop it and move on with life. Talk about a horrifying lack of justice.

Clearly, MSU has some reach.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
As a woman who is a avid fan of college sports this is just so upsetting to me. I hope to God UCONN isn't embroiled in anything remotely like this. I can't even wrap my head around it.

UCONN's program has been picked through with a fine toothed comb and dragged through the coals. If there was something there of this type, I guarantee it would be public knowledge at this point.

Reaction Score
UCONN's program has been picked through with a fine toothed comb and dragged through the coals. If there was something there of this type, I guarantee it would be public knowledge at this point.
I'm not so sure. A former women's bball player made some disturbing remarks since the #MeToo movement began.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Prosecutors don't like rape cases because they're difficult to prove. If they think they're going to be tough to prove, they will decline them. They're worried more about their conviction percentages than the victims. It's the way it is, not the way it should be. The only remedy would be to get rid of prosecutors with a poor record of taking on cases and replace them with more aggressive ones that will take them.

Reaction Score
We’re going to get taken down for phone calls and gas money but MSU, Louisville and NC skate on.

Reaction Score
I'm not so sure. A former women's bball player made some disturbing remarks since the #MeToo movement began.
I believe that was Breanna Stewart? If that's whom you're referring too, that was way before she came to UCONN. However I do think there was someone else, but that too, was prior to her experience at the school.

Reaction Score
Why does Izzo constantly refer to the victims as "survivors"???

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Certainly MSU isn’t the only college where that’s happened, unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Meghan Gardler tweet
The problem is how cryptic she was. And, frankly, Meghan has her own issues. That doesn't mean she should be ignored. It just means I am skeptical in this case. And, in general, people need to be careful not to turn this movement into a Salem witch trial scenario.

Reaction Score
Its hard to believe a program could top what happened at Penn St. But somehow MSU has managed to do just That.

Reaction Score
And say their "lives are permanently damaged". That is incredibly stupid to say. I can't believe he would say such a thing like that. They can recover and overcome way more easily if he shuts the Butch up.

Reaction Score
Common change of phrasing these days. As another example, these days nobody is a “victim of,” nor did they “suffer” a stroke. They are a stroke survivor. A slightly more empowering term.

The helplessness that is sometimes associated with the feeling of victim hood can lead to the spiral of depression that can lead to suicidal ideology/behavior in these people who have had their autonomy taken, and their bodies and trust violated in some of the most profane ways imaginable

Last edited:
Reaction Score
People have lost their jobs at MSU and Louisville. Otherwise no effect. The money will keep rolling in. For UConn, on the other hand, the most minimal violation in recruiting or APR results in being banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom