OT: - Michigan State OTL piece | The Boneyard

OT: Michigan State OTL piece

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Nothing significant will come of this and no one that matters is losing a job. Too much winning at stake for anyone to care.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
I remember circa 2009 reading a story about a Kavanaughed involving I believe 3 MSU basketball players that was swept under the rug. I got the sense that Izzo was so beloved by the media that he could basically ask the national reporters to not publicize the event and so it never really got any traction.

Reaction Score
I remember circa 2009 reading a story about a Kavanaughed involving I believe 3 MSU basketball players that was swept under the rug. I got the sense that Izzo was so beloved by the media that he could basically ask the national reporters to not publicize the event and so it never really got any traction.
It's amazing the free passes Izzo and Self have gotten.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Sparty is a horrible place filled with horrible people. I'm sure anyone who made it to the 2009 Final Four can vouch for that.
Garbage town, garbage state, garbage school, garbage colors, garbage people.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
At least we're not MSU ... ?
Do you think it's coincidental that immediately after the resignations of their president and AD the news of our investigation broke?

The NCAA is telling the public "pay no attention to MSU, look at what's going on at UConn. That's what's really wrong!

Reaction Score
No clue how so far the reporting hasn't been able to directly hit towards what kind of punishment came from the football and basketball teams specifically. All hits were direct toward the university's (non) actions when given information. When the NCAA looks into the allegations, they'd want to hand down the "holding coach accountable" punishment - suspensions for 10 or less games. But so far, there's no information as to what happened between coaches and players. That needs to change, because as a coach you are the most influential person in their life in that particular time, if there's one person who can change the culture of sexual abuse in an athletic department, it's the coaching staff.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
The president and atheltic director have already lost their jobs.
I was more referring to Izzo and Dantonio. Administrators are just empty suits, it's the coaches that get the players and win the games and both of those guys are too valuable to MSU.

BUConn10

Reaction Score
So whoever read the full report for the Baylor incident, how similar are these cases in terms of severity?

Reaction Score
So whoever read the full report for the Baylor incident, how similar are these cases in terms of severity?
It's as bad as it gets. From the top down covering up for Nassar, covering up rapes, covering up physical abuse against women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom