Michigan State Game Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Michigan State Game Thread

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Katie Lou in the huddle.jpeg
Geno: KLS making progress and hoping to have her back for the ND game.
Did you see the photo of Lou at the bottom of the Huskies huddle? It says so much about UConn basketball.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think her passing can be spoken about this early when you consider what she is doing. This team nobody has come close to UCONN and she is lead pg. The passes you see- if you don't saw "wow" too then you don't appreciate great passing. She doesn't commit many turnovers.
DT and Bird had other points of their game that Danger can't compare to. But passing -- Danger is as great as we have ever seen. Bird and DT as sophomores were not perfect passers neither is Danger. But Danger "has it." Just like Bird and DT "had it." And Danger has "shown it" for more than 1 game.

At some point during her career you'll come around. I think it's already there. We'll just have to disagree when when either of us felt "We must now declare her amazing" -- she was amazing and is amazing passing the ball. Note-- I didn't say better. She "rivals" them. She has just supper amazing vision and patience. I think Danger IS a great passer. Not "turning into."
Love Crystal, love her passing. Sue & DT? Not close (yet)

(First 30 seconds are enough)

Reaction Score

It is for college but got to love that link you gave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I never could understand-- when DT came to UCONN I thought "bigs" would flock to play with her. I never understood if you were a real good post why you wouldn't have wanted to play with DT as much as possible.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Is her shot different from last year? Just looks weird this year when she's taking a 3. Last year I thought she was much smoother from outside.

Jumper looks different to me. Elbow is out and she appears to be pushing the ball at times.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think her passing can be spoken about this early when you consider what she is doing. This team nobody has come close to UCONN and she is lead pg. The passes you see- if you don't saw "wow" too then you don't appreciate great passing. She doesn't commit many turnovers.
DT and Bird had other points of their game that Danger can't compare to. But passing -- Danger is as great as we have ever seen. Bird and DT as sophomores were not perfect passers neither is Danger. But Danger "has it." Just like Bird and DT "had it." And Danger has "shown it" for more than 1 game.

At some point during her career you'll come around. I think it's already there. We'll just have to disagree when when either of us felt "We must now declare her amazing" -- she was amazing and is amazing passing the ball. Note-- I didn't say better. She "rivals" them. She has just supper amazing vision and patience. I think Danger IS a great passer. Not "turning into."

I think we can all agree that Geno's players get better everyday, it's a mandate. Think about this, as good as she is now, how much better will Dangerous (my favorite nick name for her) be this time next year? If she's comfortable now, she'll be out of control comfortable (and the game will have slowed down almost to a stand still) next season.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Jumper looks different to me. Elbow is out and she appears to be pushing the ball at times.
I noticed the elbow thing, too. Right now I'm more worried about her foot than her elbow. :cool:

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score

For a long time, I thought it was unfortunate that JMo missed the shot.

However, I've come to realize that when someone is selecting best plays, scoring plays make the cut a lot. Assists can make the cut, but they have to be so much better to deserve inclusion. So just imagine what it takes for a play, which is not a score, not even an assist, to make a highlight reel. It has to be DAMN good, and it was.

Chrystal tried to rival her in the last half-second of the first half of todays game. Can you imagne if that went in?
It would be leading the play-of-the week, and a contender for play of the year.

Reaction Score
Is it just me or do players look slower in them black shoes? Maybe the floor is also adding to the effect.
LOL. Have watched UConn for MANY years and rarely seen them outrun a decent team on both offense and defense so much. In the first have, there were typically 2+ UConn players beating Mich State down the floor on both ends. Wow.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Pheesa gets honorable mention for Badass award. Fourteen points, twelve rebounds, four assists and lead the team i steals with five and blocks with three.

My God, what a game.

And she played with a zit on her right cheek going nova. :eek:
One article said that Pheesa blocked 3 of the first 9 MSU shots--demoralizing!

Reaction Score
I noticed the elbow thing, too. Right now I'm more worried about her foot than her elbow. :cool:
I remember she played her freshman year with the hip injury. I wonder if she's doing the same thing now with the foot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Almost every miss by Pheese on her jumpers were short. Last game too.
Today, about 3-4 were fall-aways inside the lane. Could have been her legs or just misjudging.

Reaction Score
For a long time, I thought it was unfortunate that JMo missed the shot.

However, I've come to realize that when someone is selecting best plays, scoring plays make the cut a lot. Assists can make the cut, but they have to be so much better to deserve inclusion. So just imagine what it takes for a play, which is not a score, not even an assist, to make a highlight reel. It has to be DAMN good, and it was.

Chrystal tried to rival her in the last half-second of the first half of todays game. Can you imagne if that went in?
It would be leading the play-of-the week, and a contender for play of the year.
I was there at HCC, as I'm sure you were. To this day I still regret that JMo missed the shot. What a highlight reel for ages that would have been. Actually I don't blame JMo - I blame DT at least 50%. It's like communication - you can say, "I communicated perfectly," but if the other person didn't get the message, then you failed. I can just see DT thinking, "Well, if you were as good as me, you would have made that shot." No assist for DT (although she did have quite a few of those in her UConn career, if I remember correctly...)

Reaction Score
It is for college but got to love that link you gave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I never could understand-- when DT came to UCONN I thought "bigs" would flock to play with her. I never understood if you were a real good post why you wouldn't have wanted to play with DT as much as possible.
Sorry if there were non-college clips in that vid - it's the college play I wanted you to remember. I guess those post players who didn't want to play with DT missed out on 3 NCs... Just sayin'

Reaction Score
I think Justine had a good game too, I'm surprised knowone was on that. She asked some great questions to Geno and had a nice spot with Z. Nicely produced.

Reaction Score
Did you see the photo of Lou at the bottom of the Huskies huddle? It says so much about UConn basketball.

I really appreciate how forthcoming uconn is about there injured players, from giving us initial information, timetables, and progress updates. Some colleges especially in men's games are less than forthcoming. Take Georgetown as an example, they have a team bus accident and one player hurts his knee and you can't get any info until u see a tweet from player in hospital with a thumbs up!! Clearly there are hippo laws but they are like fort knocks. Uconn does it right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom