Michigan State Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Michigan State Game Thread

Reaction Score
Is it just me or do players look slower in them black shoes? Maybe the floor is also adding to the effect.

Reaction Score
Awesome amazing performances from Danger And AZ. Love this team. Danger - was today 10 assists and just 1 TO? Danger is one of the most gifted passers. She definitely rivals Bird and DT regarding passing.

IMO, the stats person was generous all game. I counted for sure 2 and maybe 3 To's for Dangerfield

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Can't wait to see this team in mid season form. Better perimeter shooting in the second half as MSU tried to pack it in to stop the bleeding on the inside. Reserves played better this game.

The reserves will get s lot of playing time Tuesday. Nevada is a bottom of the barrel mid-major. They are horrible. They won't break 50.

Reaction Score
Danger is an amazing PG. Her vision is outstanding and her basketball iq is off the charts! I love how much in control of the game pace she is...she is quick but not rushed. A great display of what the PG potion should play like

Reaction Score
You think her passing has just been super for this game? If you don't think that she's an amazign passer with amazing vision-- well we can agree to disagree.
I think that she is a superb passer based on Rebecca Block's assessment.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Geno's post game comments about Azura never having learned how to move without the ball is quite an indictment of the Duke coaching staff....another clear lesson why players looking to be great should want to learn from the best....

I picked up on that too. Having been there for two seasons, just means there's more style and habits for the staff to "de-program" than it is for a freshman. There's no standing around in Geno's "motion" offense. Everybody's constantly moving, which makes you harder to guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Danger is an amazing PG. Her vision is outstanding and her basketball iq is off the charts! I love how much in control of the game pace she is...she is quick but not rushed. A great display of what the PG potion should play like

She really is sensational. Even when she catches the outlet pass off a miss. Her 1st instinct seems to be to pass- not to dribble. In half court, I get the impression as you mention, she doesn't seemed rushed. It really is a thing of beauty.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Collier was everywhere but I still think she's favoring something. That shot and her form on it are off.

Reaction Score
You think that her passing has just been super just for this game? If you don't think that she's an amazing passer with amazing vision-- well we can agree to disagree.
I think Crystal is turning into a great passer. Just not ready to put her up there with Sue & DT yet - that's pretty rarified air

Reaction Score
No they don't.

She was short-arming her shots from 10-15 feet out. Never a good idea. Much better to trust your stroke, especially one as fine as Pheesa's. I'm thinking that her slow start may be affecting her psychologically, and she's determined to get back to the steady AA she was last year. With so much around her, you'd think it would be easier this season; seems not to be--yet.

Reaction Score
While I agree, did anyone else notice that her ball handling seemed off for the game?

Yes, Danger seems to have had trouble controlling the dribble at times. But her passing as usual was sublime!

Reaction Score
Collier was everywhere but I still think she's favoring something. That shot and her form on it are off.
Is her shot different from last year? Just looks weird this year when she's taking a 3. Last year I thought she was much smoother from outside.

Reaction Score
Azura had a bit of a coming out party. I think her defense was excellent. She is really quick for a 6'6 person. I liked that she was diving on the floor for loose balls. I think that things began clicking when the high-low began to run for her.

I didn't like all of the outside shots we were putting up. The offense really looked good once we started feeding NaPheesa.
Another bad game for Gabby. She needs to stay aggressive without the silly fouls.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
She was short-arming her shots from 10-15 feet out. Never a good idea. Much better to trust your stroke, especially one as fine as Pheesa's. I'm thinking that her slow start may be affecting her psychologically, and she's determined to get back to the steady AA she was last year. With so much around her, you'd think it would be easier this season; seems not to be--yet.
I can't help wondering if her foot is still bothering her. She left a 6-8 footer short at least twice today and another that bounced in. Seems like that's happened a lot so far this year. Maybe she's not getting the lift she usually does.

Anybody know anything about her injury?

Reaction Score
I can't help wondering if her foot is still bothering her. She left a 6-8 footer short at least twice today and another that bounced in. Seems like that's happened a lot so far this year. Maybe she's not getting the lift she usually does.

Anybody know anything about her injury?
Post game of the last Geno said something about her foot. She had trouble with it during the Italy trip.

Carnac

Reaction Score

Geno saw that this summer, and this is why she is starting. He knew the starting unit would be better with her at PG, than AZ starting. We didn't know this (a few of you did) when we were debating over the summer which one of them would start.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Post game of the last Geno said something about her foot. She had trouble with it during the Italy trip.
Are you talking about a presser. I never saw that anywhere. It's evidently not on YouTube.

Reaction Score
I think Crystal is turning into a great passer. Just not ready to put her up there with Sue & DT yet - that's pretty rarified air

I think her passing can be spoken about this early when you consider what she is doing. This team nobody has come close to UCONN and she is lead pg. The passes you see- if you don't saw "wow" too then you don't appreciate great passing. She doesn't commit many turnovers.
DT and Bird had other points of their game that Danger can't compare to. But passing -- Danger is as great as we have ever seen. Bird and DT as sophomores were not perfect passers neither is Danger. But Danger "has it." Just like Bird and DT "had it." And Danger has "shown it" for more than 1 game.

At some point during her career you'll come around. I think it's already there. We'll just have to disagree when when either of us felt "We must now declare her amazing" -- she was amazing and is amazing passing the ball. Note-- I didn't say better. She "rivals" them. She has just supper amazing vision and patience. I think Danger IS a great passer. Not "turning into."

Reaction Score
Are you talking about a presser. I never saw that anywhere. It's evidently not on YouTube.

I remember hearing Geno say that earlier in the season too...............not sure when it was............I've been watching to see if she's having trouble moving and haven't noticed any
issues...........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom