Michael Kay Bashing Bazz | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Michael Kay Bashing Bazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
People question sometimes why Jay Bilas gets so much love around here. It's true his schtick can get old and he's pretty full of himself. But he is the one, the only, national broadcaster who has told anything resembling the truth about the APR ban. That alone should get him a free pass on anything else.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
People don't seem to fully understand what Shabazz said. Most are taking it as he was upset that he was punished for past players' wrongdoings; and that's correct. But there's more to it than that, and people like Michael Kay don't understand it.

UConn got punished for poor academics, and they should certainly receive some blame for it. But the way these new APR rules were instituted was completely unfair. They used academic numbers from past seasons, and didn't even grandfather the rule in. On top of that, UConn was already punished for their poor team academics with the loss of scholarships. So not only was UConn punished ex post facto, they were also penalized twice for the same crime.

I know that the national media doesn't follow this as closely as us Husky fanatics, but I feel like someone has to get this whole story right. The NCAA is full of hypocrisy, and I want people to know about the witch-hunt against UConn.
The key is that it was double jeopardy. UConn had already been punished for the poor outcome for Gavin Edwards, Mandeldove etc. By instituting a 4 year standard and making it retroactive, they punished us twice for the same offense, which is 100% contrary to the principles of jurisprudence in the U.S.A.

On top of the unfairness of punishing players like Bazz, who were not even here when the poor result occurred. It also stunk to high heaven that it was a personal vendetta by Emmert...likely part of the reason that he slunk away so quickly last night.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
All you need to know about Michael Kay is this: He got married a few years ago and told guests to give money.....and told them the minimum amount to cover the cost of having them as guests...and it wasn't cheap. He clearly can't relate to being a hungry Husky, but can relate to being money hungry.

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Does anyone have a synopsis of what went down with the APR? It would be worth some time emailing local radio the truth while we are in the spotlight. Bazz and UCONN got a lot of run in Minneapolis today...mostly favorable, but I cringe when anything poorly is said about this group of Seniors.

We should have a Boneyard CopyPasta on the matter.

Reaction Score
Yankees Suck !!!!!!!!!!!!

They're like UConn, racking up rings baby!!

Good news for Yankee fans with you spewing about them , you said UConn sucked too………..now go run 50.1 miles with 2 smart phones up your a**!

Reaction Score
People question sometimes why Jay Bilas gets so much love around here. It's true his schtick can get old and he's pretty full of himself. But he is the one, the only, national broadcaster who has told anything resembling the truth about the APR ban. That alone should get him a free pass on anything else.

A lawyer who is full of himself? Surely you jest!

C

Chief00

Thank you Bazz for sticking it to Mark Emmert and the NCAA. Very well said and I am sure you made your former coach very proud!!!!

Reaction Score
People don't seem to fully understand what Shabazz said. Most are taking it as he was upset that he was punished for past players' wrongdoings; and that's correct. But there's more to it than that, and people like Michael Kay don't understand it.

UConn got punished for poor academics, and they should certainly receive some blame for it. But the way these new APR rules were instituted was completely unfair. They used academic numbers from past seasons, and didn't even grandfather the rule in. On top of that, UConn was already punished for their poor team academics with the loss of scholarships. So not only was UConn punished ex post facto, they were also penalized twice for the same crime.

I know that the national media doesn't follow this as closely as us Husky fanatics, but I feel like someone has to get this whole story right. The NCAA is full of hypocrisy, and I want people to know about the witch-hunt against UConn.
Yeah, but the NCAA is the "people." The "people" comprise the NCAA. Don't get me wrong: the people scare me, every day they do. But it was the people of the NCAA - all the member institutions - that did this to us, and not a one of them stood up to say "hey, this is wrong." So, understand, the member institutions of the NCAA, their presidents, their athletic directors, their administrators, their students, their alumni -- the people don't think they (the NCAA) did anything unfair or wrong. Let's keep this in perspective.

Reaction Score
Gutter King said:
Does anyone have a synopsis of what went down with the APR? It would be worth some time emailing local radio the truth while we are in the spotlight. Bazz and UCONN got a lot of run in Minneapolis today...mostly favorable, but I cringe when anything poorly is said about this group of Seniors.

We should have a Boneyard CopyPasta on the matter.

1) We had a poor run of academic performance from players who were on our team around 2007-10. Very poor. We were punished for it with the loss of two scholarships, which we deserved.
2) The NCAA put in harsher penalties to give more teeth to academic penalties, including NCAA Tournament bans. They put it in immediately without grandfathering it in.
3) Due to the poor performance of their predecessors, the current team, in the process of winning a national title in 2011 with a 980 (near perfect) couldn't raise our rolling average high enough to meet the new standard.
4) We appealed based on the fact we would easily meet the two-year standard with newer data (using 2010-11 and 2011-12, instead of 2009-10 and 2010-11). It was turned down. We went from 820 (hideous) to 980 (excellent) in one year, showing how volatile the numbers are.
5) A team of players with a perfect APR score was not allowed to compete in the NCAAs.

A suspicious person might connect dots and note that Emmert was once at UConn, disliked Calhoun, had his own issues here, and brought about these immediate rules changes just in time to specifically nail UConn, rushing it through before the team's obviously improved academic numbers would bring the average up. But that's only if you believe that humans with power hold grudges and do things to try to make themselves look good.

Reaction Score
Michael Kay BLOWS

The Skankees SUCK Skankees SUCK Skankees SUCK

sorry but you will never get to me. For me this is FUN but quite obviously you want to make it personal. Ha Ha

Time to run 100 miles with my unlimited number of smart phones.

Boston Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions

Uconn Huskies 2014 National Champions

mauconnfan National Chump
They're like UConn, racking up rings baby!!

Good news for Yankee fans with you spewing about them , you said UConn sucked too………..now go run 50.1 miles with 2 smart phones up your a* !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog