Miami Post Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Miami Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
I think he stays, but this is probably the most respected NBA draft analyst out there..

Tell me something we don't know. I've been thinking that since January, the talent is there and players are drafted on talent and potential.

I still agree that it is likely he is coming back with the hopes of being a lottery pick next year, maybe even a very high lottery pick Okafor style.

Reaction Score
It was surprisingly Croninesque- gush about the other team when your team wins and minimize credit to the other team when they lose. Most coaches are hyper competitive, so that’s not really a surprise I suppose (Cronin has always struck me as an extreme example). But I thought Jim L was above that stuff with his notoriously chill approach to coaching. His team was objectively outclassed out there per anyone with an operating set of eyes.
Yeah, this kind of thing always amuses me and could easily be an SNL skit.

Announcer: "Coach, your team just lost 226-4. Your thoughts?"

Coach: "Well, the bottom line is that we just didn't execute. We had a ton of open looks and just couldn't convert. We got them into the game we wanted, but we just couldn't finish."

Announcer: "Every player on the other team had a quadruple-double, which is the first time this has happened in the history of organized athletics, preceding Ancient Greece. Any thoughts on that?"

Coach: "We just let them get into their game. We didn't share the ball and play the game that we could have. Ultimately we just have to take responsibility for our performance. It was a clunker."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On the third of three free throws after being fouled shooting the three it looked like he was about to hurl. I wasn't surprised he missed.
Apparently he did hurl a few times courtside. Not sure if any if the articles picked up on that.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
I thought Newton was very good tonight against a defender who was allowed to basically rag him with impunity. He’s as underrated a player as we’ve had in a while.
We will need him to be solid with the rock. Also make good decisions on drives to the rim.

Reaction Score
I think he stays, but this is probably the most respected NBA draft analyst out there..

Two things can be true. 1) His stock has significantly risen the last few weeks and 2) the plan was always to have him play 2 years with him being featured more next season with Sanogo gone

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
200.gif
We go around and around on this subject, but seeing it in a single photo....yeah, this is it.

Reaction Score
Alleyne reminding me a bit of Kromah.

Kyle Mann had a nice quote. “(The UConn) machine has been reset and recalibrated.” Discussing the talent we will bring back and bring in next season.

Reaction Score
Two things can be true. 1) His stock has significantly risen the last few weeks and 2) the plan was always to have him play 2 years with him being featured more next season with Sanogo gone
We'll see if the plan changes.

Reaction Score
I must admit, I was really down during the later Ollie years and I never thought I'd see a run like this again. Conference realignment and UCONN being below mediocre had my faith in the program down (really down). Now we're back in the Big East (where we belong), have a great coach and knocking on the door to #5. Simply remarkable to think where we were 5 years ago and where we are today.

....and Cuse can s u c k on this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom