Merrimack Post Game Thread | The Boneyard

Merrimack Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Super happy with the win... it exceeded my expectations going in. We have an offense if we keep it open and don't clam up to a run game going forward. I wish our defense knew how to tackle better as it will really cost us going forward if its not cleaned up.

Reaction Score
Our boys should get credit for rebounding after last week's "scrimmage". We are in for a rollercoaster, 2 games into the season and we don't know if we are going to be a good team or not. The only thing certain is good things will happen if we throw in Bell's direction.

Reaction Score
Don't downplay - it's a great moment and let's build in it!

we all know we beat a AA team but in years past we never did anything like this.

Offense looked beautiful
like letting off gas in 2nd half

great game!

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
They nicely won, and nicely covered, and the offense was nicely clicking, and the defense nicely gave up 17 points cuz they tackle too nicely.

Still, they needed an emphatic win, and my word that first half performance was something else. I'm glad for them and hope that gives them some confidence going into Puke next weekend.

Reaction Score
Good bounce back game. Energy was there from the first snap and in the first half we scored on every single offensive drive. Crowd was big and into the game.

Let’s use this momentum to carry us through the rest of the season.

Reaction Score
Fagnano tied a career high in TDs. Two rushers near 100 yards. Another 100 yard game from Sky Bell. UConn won by 46. Yes it's Merrimack but the job was to come out and destroy them, and the game was over halfway through the first quarter. Mission successful

Tackling is still a concern, but the guys did their jobs today en route to tying a team record for points in a game. Can't overreact to an FCS game but they did what they had to do to start building momentum

Last week was a penciled in L. Today was a penciled in W. Next week is when we'll really see what this team is gonna be. Repeat of last year, or improvement over time? Let's get it!

Reaction Score
Great game. Handled an FCS team like an FBS team should. Offense looked amazing in the first half and the play calling was good. I hope next week isn’t a Maryland 2.0 showing but we should be able to win 6 games with this roster.

Reaction Score
The Syracuse UConn game could be competitive even though it is at Cuse this year

Reaction Score
Sammis is trying to show us that he believes in balance. First half seemed pretty balanced between passing/rushing. He wasn't cute with the play call when we got into the goal line. Just pound the ball and trust in our line.

Our first punt wasnt until the 4th quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom