Merrimack game thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Merrimack game thread

Reaction Score
Positives- Whaley is really active, Carlton and Polley look like they can do some things.

Negatives- There are a lot of them, mainly the shooting.

The biggest negative might be their seeming inability to keep anybody in front of them one-on-one. Even Division II guys were consistently beating their man off the dribble. This resulted either in a layup or the need for help which resulted in open looks. There is no longer a rim protector to bail guys out. Nobody moving their feet. Very worrisome.

Reaction Score
I have to say it's kind of funny reading this thread after the game. For example I see positive posts on Polley and then I look at the box score and he was 2-10. So did he start out well and then faded?

Reaction Score
Merrimack had one D2 freshman who was listed at 6'9" and the rest of the team was listed 6'7" or shorter.

We still let them rebound 35% of their misses (14 offensive rebounds) and committed 20 fouls (leading to 18 FTA).

FYI the whole game replay is On Demand on HuskyVision.

Reaction Score
I have to say it's kind of funny reading this thread after the game. For example I see positive posts on Polley and then I look at the box score and he was 2-10. So did he start out well and then faded?
Funny he was the kid I thought struggled...not sure who saw him and thought good game. Missed some easy bunnies and some jump shots. He did have a nice take to the hole at end of game.

Reaction Score
Anderson still looks like he can be best on ball defender...maybe only one at this point
Whaley was active both rebounds and hustle. Skill level is not off charts but effort is there for sure
Diarra had some nice finishes around rim will be interesting to see how he does against larger more talented competition
Gilbert was off. Didn’t set up or run a lot of offense through him. Made a showboat pass that backfired as bad as I have ever seen
Cobb played pretty well in limited action
Williams did some nice things...got some nice points in paint...rebounded as well

Reaction Score
All of the new Big guys show some good flashes. It will really be interesting to see who Ollie gives minutes to. Whaley looks like he has to play.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Funny he was the kid I thought struggled...not sure who saw him and thought good game. Missed some easy bunnies and some jump shots. He did have a nice take to the hole at end of game.

I believe it was Huskymagic

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom