Merrimack game thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Merrimack game thread

Reaction Score
We need to try to get JA more involved and have AG play off the ball too. Right now JA isn't playing well off the ball besides the alley-oops. He has to be more involved in the offense. Also Larrier and Whaley have looked good. The rest of the team besides the aforementioned and AG have looked bad. We just started to out rebound a small team and our exterior defense is still suspect. Anderson doesn't look like he will provide much. Oh well hopefully we get better but Oregon is going to be a tough game.

The most effective lineup looks like when we play Polley and Larrier together with a big and AG and CV as the guards.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I like JA taking a backseat in the exhibitions. But that won't fly when it counts.

The three point shooting is extremely concerning, and that's not something you can necessarily fix very easily over the course of a season.
Hopefully they just need a confidence boost...

Reaction Score
I like JA taking a backseat in the exhibitions. But that won't fly when it counts.

The three point shooting is extremely concerning, and that's not something you can necessarily fix very easily over the course of a season.
Hopefully they just need a confidence boost...
Yeah the 3 pt shooting is beyond awful at this point.

Reaction Score
Wow 3 point shooting, execution on offense, rebounding and guarding the perimeter are all weaknesses right now. So far all indications look like this could be a long season. I don't see us being that good against the better teams early in the season but maybe we surprise and catch them on a bad night. UCONN will look much better at the end of the season I hope.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
920194CF-6C3D-47B1-BF29-04D8F70F5DB7.png

Reaction Score
Jalen off ball was on purpose guys... he will much more aggressive in the.regular season. Just trying to get the news guys some run

Reaction Score
We need to try to get JA more involved and have AG play off the ball too. Right now JA isn't playing well off the ball besides the alley-oops. He has to be more involved in the offense. Also Larrier and Whaley have looked good. The rest of the team besides the aforementioned and AG have looked bad. We just started to out rebound a small team and our exterior defense is still suspect. Anderson doesn't look like he will provide much. Oh well hopefully we get better but Oregon is going to be a tough game.

The most effective lineup looks like when we play Polley and Larrier together with a big and AG and CV as the guards.

Jalen when playing off ball is more or less useless against a zone (from the wing) with the way we play it with Larrier in middle.

Also I contend with the fact that Larrier looked good. He was active on O, but terrrrible on D. Overhelping and losing his man behind him, etc.

Reaction Score
Jalen is more or less useless against a zone with the way we play it with Larrier in middle.

Also I contend with the fact that Larrier looked good. He was active on O, but terrrrible on D. Overhelping and losing his man behind him, etc.
Jalen got beat off the dribble quite a bit too. The whole team is fouling a lot because we our getting beat off the ball. I mean 18 to 4 foul shots by Merrimack tells the game we played. Ugly. We just won because we were so much bigger than them. If they could hit more 3 pt shots they had a chance.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Geez... it was an exhibition. They played better than weds and improvement is all you should look/can ask for. 3 Point shooting was abysmal, yes, but I personally am not gonna call the season dead after two exhibitions with essentially a brand new team. I think the front court looks like it could be more capable on offense than the last couple seasons. Cut down on the fouls as well, too many reach in’s.

Reaction Score
Geez... it was an exhibition. They played better than weds and improvement is all you should look/can ask for. 3 Point shooting was abysmal, yes, but I personally am not gonna call the season dead after two exhibitions with essentially a brand new team. I think the front court looks like it could be more capable on offense than the last couple seasons. Cut down on the fouls as well, too many reach in’s.

I honestly think they played worse.

Reaction Score
Merrimack is a lot worst than PC. UCONN actually looked horrible for a team that had a significant height and speed advantage at almost every position. They could shoot the 3 and allowed Merrimack to get the rim with ease. If this is Oregon it we would have been blown out with this performance.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="auror, post: 2393775, member: 1329"]

Also I contend with the fact that Larrier looked good..[/QUOTE]

We have enough people that contend with facts

Reaction Score
Positives- Whaley is really active, Carlton and Polley look like they can do some things.

Negatives- There are a lot of them, mainly the shooting.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
3 pt % was lousy and way too many fouls, but I saw some good stuff from a number of our bigs. Dribbling, post moves. Especially Whalley, I'm glad he is not red shirted yet like some recommended. Had some moves against PC too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom