Merrimack game thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Merrimack game thread

Reaction Score
It’s an exhibition, it means nothing. Would you guys rather have Jalen take the ball to the hoop every time and score 50 points or have him let his much less experienced teammates get more involved?
I don't think it's as much about scoring as it is about taking control and leading the team. If you look at some of the early season games Shabazz had in '13-'14 he hardly scored, but racked up assists and led the team. That's what seems to be missing.

Reaction Score
It’s an exhibition, it means nothing. Would you guys rather have Jalen take the ball to the hoop every time and score 50 points or have him let his much less experienced teammates get more involved?
yes

Reaction Score
Ollie made the adjustment as I said that Polley and Larrier need to play together with 2 guards and a big preferably Carlton or Whaley as our most productive lineup.

The big man are doing everything they need to be, its our guards that need to step offensively and defensively this year. It starts with Jalen, way too lackadaisical and careless out there and playing way too much off the ball. He needs to get angry and play with passion and desire. Jalen hasn't exerted his will on this team on defense or offense. That is what is missing big time.

Reaction Score
I don't think it's as much about scoring as it is about taking control and leading the team. If you look at some of the early season games Shabazz had in '13-'14 he hardly scored, but racked up assists and led the team. That's what seems to be missing.

That's Alterique's job right now. Not Jalen's.

Jalen actually hasn't been on the court a lot.

Reaction Score
That's Alterique's job right now. Not Jalen's.

Jalen actually hasn't been on the court a lot.
Our team leader should be taking control when he's out there though. Either the leadership role hasn't been imparted upon him, or he doesn't seem to be taking it.

Last edited:

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I'm watching the stream on my iPad (synced with tic broadcast) and it's HD compared to the PC game. No skipping or lag.

Reaction Score
Not sure why jalen is being so passive.

You guys did see Jalen shaking his hand in the first half right?

Right on camera he has shaking it, more than once, like he jammed a finger.

Reaction Score
I like that Larrier is moving around the court well at least. Hopefully soon he can trust his leg well enough to take it strong to the hoop; he's a good dunker.

Reaction Score
Thank you. After reading these comments I expected to be down.

Merrimack provides absolutely no resistance underneath, so UConn is having its way down low. But Merrimack has been getting to any spot on the floor it wants on O, and most all D1 teams would be hitting those shots. PC alone would have 15 more 3s against tonight's defense.

Tonight was concerning.

POSITIVES: Whaley
NEGATIVES: outside shooting and team D

Also, Merrimack has gotten to the line 16 times.
UConn? 4 times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom