Men's soccer 2018 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Men's soccer 2018

Reaction Score
Stuck with the stat tracker for tonight's game, Tulsa has their own pay per view system. UConn up 1-0 midway through the first half off a goal by Thiam. UConn dominating with a 13-3 shot advantage, and a 3-0 corner kick advantage.

Reaction Score
With about 25 minutes to go in the second half, Tulsa scores off a penalty kick to tie it up at 1.

Reaction Score
Give Reid one season in the new stadium and move on. Tired off watching 80s football. Bring in someone who knows how to play modern soccer.

Reaction Score
Real trouble, Tulsa gets another goal to make it 2-1. Now about 19 minutes left. I'm thinking UConn needs a win to keep in the running for a bye in the first round of the NCAA tournament. A losing streak will bring out the specter of another late season collapse.

Reaction Score
Real trouble, Tulsa gets another goal to make it 2-1. Now about 19 minutes left. I'm thinking UConn needs a win to keep in the running for a bye in the first round of the NCAA tournament. A losing streak will bring out the specter of another late season collapse.
It's essentially been a really fortunate full-season collapse

Reaction Score
It's essentially been a really fortunate full-season collapse

Well, I've been talking about UConn luck for most of the season, hoping it hasn't totally drained away. But this would be a really bad loss if it happens.

Reaction Score
Give Reid the opportunity to retire before getting canned, get the right guy in to salvage the program, then give Reid his own night on opening night of the new stadium

Reaction Score
Give Reid the opportunity to retire before getting canned, get the right guy in to salvage the program, then give Reid his own night on opening night of the new stadium

Yeah, but knowing that guy. It’s going to have to be a forced retirement. It’s jsut time.

Reaction Score
Finaly X-posed.

Yup, the worm has turned. I had been saying that their record during their non beaten streak was better than their play. Well, so much for that.

Reaction Score
Need to win their first round game in the AAC tourney to cement their bid?

Reaction Score
Darn it, while good teams do get lucky more often than bad teams, relying on luck to always save the day is not good.

Reaction Score
I'd hope for Reid to be fired but Benedict would probably hire his assistant.

What is this the 3rd late season collapse in a row? Last 2 years cost them a NCAA berth and they threw away a chance for homefield in the AAC Tourney and hosting as a top 16 seed this year. One thing is for certain, Reid hasn't been getting his teams to improve as the year progressed.

They play in a merely decent soccer conference and are acting like it's 10 times the league the Big East was with ND, Louisville, WVU, Syracuse, etc.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The UConn loss to Tulsa dropped the Huskies RPI to 26, so it is fair to assume that we don't have to worry about UConn getting a bye in NCAA tournament unless perhaps if the Huskies run the table table in the AAC tournament. UConn is now the 4 seed in the AAC tourney, and set to play Temple Tuesday night. Temple's RPI is now 127. It is very possible that if UConn does not win this game that they will not get an NCAA bid. If UConn does win, they would then play Central Florida, the No. 1 seed. That one would be a very difficult game for the Huskies to win, as I thought the Huskies were very lucky (there's that word again) to get a tie when they played Central Florida during the regular season.

Reaction Score
The UConn loss to Tulsa dropped the Huskies RPI to 26, so it is fair to assume that we don't have to worry about UConn getting a bye in NCAA tournament unless perhaps if the Huskies run the table table in the AAC tournament. UConn is now the 4 seed in the AAC tourney, and set to play Temple Tuesday night. Temple's RPI is now 127. It is very possible that if UConn does not win this game that they will not get an NCAA bid. If UConn does win, they would then play Central Florida, the No. 1 seed. That one would be a very difficult game for the Huskies to win, as I thought the Huskies were very lucky (there's that word again) to get a tie when they played Central Florida during the regular season.

Absolute clown show.

Reaction Score
I'd hope for Reid to be fired but Benedict would probably hire his assistant.

What is this the 3rd late season collapse in a row? Last 2 years cost them a NCAA berth and they threw away a chance for homefield in the AAC Tourney and hosting as a top 16 seed this year. One thing is for certain, Reid hasn't been getting his teams to improve as the year progressed.

They play in a merely decent soccer conference and are acting like it's 10 times the league the Big East was with ND, Louisville, WVU, Syracuse, etc.
Their late season collapses go back further than 3 years. They lost consecutive NCAA tournament home games in 2005, 2006, and 2007 and then again in 2009, 2010 and 2011.

Reaction Score
Outclassed and outmatched by IU to end their season.

I am begging UConn to fire Reid. He is so far past his time that the school has no chance to be competitive with him here. He has no coherent strategy on offense or defense, no ability to recruit the "right" type of players because of the conference, his style and slow decay of the program. His only option is to find bruisers willing to kick it, chase it or knock into opponents and hope that a 30 yard prayer shot goes in to save his ass. Looking at the top teams, it's clear that the future of college soccer is going to be more technical. No chance technical players come here with this staff.

UConn soccer is done if he is allowed to continue.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom